GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Dude what? I don't understand what you saying.
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, go modless and get kicked from every raid, sure thing. You know what? It's 3am where I am right now, I should be sleeping, not humouring short-sighted tryhards such as yourself. Good night!
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I do the same. On my alts i use betas in green/blue gear. When i get to purple i use syn. For example my main has blackhawk gear on troll side with SF mods. But dps side is all 173 drop gear with syn mods. Basically on the main role of the toon i use best crafted mods and syn on the off roles. Betas for new green/blue gear when new episodes come out. Now i can craft best mods for both sides of 1 or maybe 2 toons. But not more then that. And i have 6 at end game. I was dropping down to 3 tho. Now it has to be 2 or even 1. Plus the gen mods too. I redid the math and based off AoJ rates we get 62 essence per week and it would take roughly 13 weeks to craft best mods for both roles and gen mods on 1 toon. We dont even know how long episodes/dlcs are supposed to last right now either.

Dont think the 13 week thing is a big deal if we knew how long episodes are supposed to last. Remember back a few years ago pre gu47 people had the best mods and all off that. But we had no gen mods and we knew it was 3-4 months between an episode.
    • Like x 3
  4. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Well at least 1 positive thing came out of this terrible decision...........bytes and bits will rise in broker prices..time to make some cash. :cool:
  5. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Dude really! Who buys all there gear at one time. If they vote u for not having 1 or 2 pieces not modded then your not a good player anyway. Lol
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

These Synth Mods may very well be a Red Herring.
    I'm done commenting about their removal.
    Let's get back to the Revamp, and the Truckloads of Sugar we are getting to make it palatable.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Its 62 essence per week. 4 boxes daily. 4 drops from 2 alerts. And 6 from the 2 raids. Equals 62 total. Not counting doubles on purple drops. Also ya have to factor in when an episode 1st drops because players will use green/blue gear at 1st. So in the beginning u get less but get more on the back end. It does all equal out tho.
  8. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Dude let me be clear because obviously you don't understand. If u think you can mod a toon without running content you're crazy. If you play content with all your toons you get loot. You act like all the content is locked after u run your main toon. All your toons are reset daily. If you have more than five toons thats at least 30 simplest or complex if you play daily. The essence builds if you play daily but if you don't have the time then limit your toons.
  9. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I don't know wat you talking about. I'm done talking about this tho. Back to revamp.
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I wonder who the feedback for the removal of synthetic mods came from...

I just wanna talk.
    • Like x 4
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

If they dont revert it, then they need to increase all material gains across the board. Crafting mods in this game is ridiculous. Especially considering the gear lifespan
    • Like x 6
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I just thought I'd chime in here and say I fully support the removal of synthetic mods.

Tbh they've been a blight on the game for too long and since their inception have served no purpose other than to undermine the value of real modding in both pve and pvp.

They have ingrained an expectation in game of pure laziness completely undermining farming.

Mepps is right that expectation should end. If you want mods then you should earn them and you should have a number of alts you can feasibly manage within personal time constraints or just accept the fact they'll be slightly weaker.

The fact there has been no new synth mods since 6 is clearly evident the devs werent entirely convinced they are a good direction.

The advantage this has too is that it will make component's more valuable and may even help fix the excessive exobyte problem where supply heavily outstrips demand.

If you want your mods then grind them all along the devs have said they want stats to matter and they wanted modding and sp to matter.

I think if the players are a little honest with themselves they'll admit this is the right direction.

If you want to debate anything it should be the amount of materials required to craft not the fact of having to craft in the first place.
    • Like x 5
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Just when I was regaining my hope for this revamp. This easily among the worst changes I've seen, ever. I don't care if you make them slightly less useful but to completely remove them?

You want to neglect the premium players now? What about those who paid for their DLCs? There are already heavy restrictions for premium players and now this? And I thought we were almost on the right track for making this a more alt friendly game. Not sure if you're aware but a LOT of us have lives. I'm an athlete and perform in a jazz band and barely have enough time during the week to get all of my mods for main so I rely on synthetics for my 6-7 alts.

Please reconsider.
    • Like x 5
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

EXACTLY!
    • Like x 3
  15. DCUO Addict Committed Player

The prefabs are still there (as of a few hours ago). Based on Mepps' post, I don't think they're being removed.

16. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Thank you, I jus had to fight for my life over this change. Finally one person understands where I'm coming from
  17. majosea Dedicated Player

[IMG] my response to all thinking i'm going to waste my time not having fun just to (mod)
  18. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

The base logic of what your saying is fine. But it does NOT coincide with the current reality of the game. Given the current situation of modding in the game, the removal of synthetic mods are not the right direction, and only serve to stroke the egos of those who need to feel some sort of superiority over the the fact that they have the TIME to mod(since lets not pretend, modding is a measuring stick for difficulty).

modding in this game is NOT apart of the core game. It is actually a side element, which is the core problem with the system, and why synthetic mods fit in nicely. You see, you can't farm exobits and play the core game at the same time. Period. You actually can do that with Synthetics because they cost MoVs. That is the reason why Real modding in this game is such a bore. If exobit dropped in mass from CONTENT. then yes, i'd agree with you. But they don't. If gear life spam lasted longer, id agree with you. But they don't.

in otherwords if Modding was an ORGANIC element of the core game, I'd agree. I should be able to get exobits ORGANICALLY. Otherwise it is an literal chore.

Great logic but once again poor execution. Modding being undermined would only be an issue if it was something WORTH being respected. But having more time on your hands sadly is not as praise worthy as you and juice man would like it to be. You also make the false conclusion that taking away Synthetics would increase real modding. Which is just wrong.
    • Like x 9
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I seriously hate the idea of removing synthetic mods. What about the lot of us who have these mods in place while we work on getting actual mods?

I mean is there no middle ground? What if you just made it so that there is a time limit on synthetic mods and you have to renew it every time within a certain amount of time with MoV. Almost like the base mods.

Idk I just really think that this would actually push players away.
    • Like x 3
  20. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I don't get it. Your post was lame.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.