Dev Discussion GU73: Content - Too Challenging

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarif Committed Player

Most of the feed back you received through test was that the older content was being set way too difficult. We were damn near screaming from the mountain tops about it. You ran with this anyway. People that have played for years, spending money on membership to advance through the tiers in game, shouldnt have to be downgraded with your stats revamp. I think its a good thing that the CR differential is gone, but when you decided to finally make stats matter, I sure didnt expect you to take away 80% of progress that our characters have made in game from us, your CUSTOMERS. Thats what you have done. We wanted stats to matter, not this. Im thinking here that your way to fix electric was to bring everyone down to its level. Looking that way to many of us. Fix the content to reflect its Tier! We have challenging leveled content. No way that lower tiered content should be amped up this way, after your customers worked our way through it, and built our characters in power for years. If anything, you should have gave the group lead an option to run the content at level while queuing. Not strip players from everything they have achieved through progression in game. No one I know is happy about this update the way it is, or what you have the content set at, as higher difficulty. I dont see a fix soon, the money I spend on this game for my membership, replays each week, everything, is going to be invested into another game. Not one more dime from me.
    • Like x 13
  2. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Paradox Wave - Queued in with a PUG. All but one were CR190+, with several at 200, so of course we don't do the hallways and go for the EO win instead. With CR differential, this would have been a 30 second walk through. Instead, it turned into a slugfest, which we lost.

Now I don't expect it to still be a 30 second win, but there's no way characters 100 CR higher should be having this much of a problem with content that old.

If stats matter, then they should matter both ways. Lower level enemies should still be able to be crushed by massively superior stats, or else you're telling us stats don't really matter, and the whole idea of "progress" is an illusion.
    • Like x 16
  3. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Fireburst really needs to reset faster like 2s not 4s !
    ;)
  4. Not Rekluze Level 30

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe now CR only determines the content you can get into. Damage and everything else isn't dependant on that little number anymore. The difficulty of the raid/scaling of damage is the same whether you're in Paradox Wave, DWF, or US. If I'm wrong completely disregard this reply :p
    • Like x 1
  5. Tarif Committed Player

I agree. I feel like they have stripped years of progress we have made with our characters in game, and have disregarded how we have felt about that, even for those of us that played before AM or WM. Why I wrote this earlier: "Most of the feed back you received through test was that the older content was being set way too difficult. We were damn near screaming from the mountain tops about it. You ran with this anyway. People that have played for years, spending money on membership to advance through the tiers in game, shouldnt have to be downgraded with your stats revamp. I think its a good thing that the CR differential is gone, but when you decided to finally make stats matter, I sure didnt expect you to take away 80% of progress that our characters have made in game from us, your CUSTOMERS. Thats what you have done. We wanted stats to matter, not this. Im thinking here that your way to fix electric was to bring everyone down to its level. Looking that way to many of us. Fix the content to reflect its Tier! We have challenging leveled content. No way that lower tiered content should be amped up this way, after your customers worked our way through it, and built our characters in power for years. If anything, you should have gave the group lead an option to run the content at level while queuing. Not strip players from everything they have achieved through progression in game. No one I know is happy about this update the way it is, or what you have the content set at, as higher difficulty. I dont see a fix soon, the money I spend on this game for my membership, replays each week, everything, is going to be invested into another game."
    • Like x 7
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Please no! I just finished re-specing and it took 8 hours!
  7. Duzzit Active Player

that's correct, however there is 0 increase in rewards at all...so why bother doing it at all? might as well hit up strykers island to farm equip drops there and turn it into simple materials, it's way more rewarding
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree with all this. We ran SJ and WC with a 202 nature heal, 2 sorc dps, 1 198 ice dps. NPCs are no issue with a heal. The healer was trying to get used to the cool downs, but we got thru fine. The fire dots on last boss were a bit much. That was the only spot 1 of us died.

WC is a different story. Dr fates CCs need toned down a LOT. I don't think you could actually kill him with less than 2 dps. His CCs while healing himself may have been fine before, not now though. Last boss wasn't as bad. His CCs were fiine.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I think all duos are hitting hard. Wonder if it's the roleless buff not being there? We night need to run with shields.
    • Like x 1
  10. Duzzit Active Player

we killed dr fate with full role party - heal/dps/tank/troll

still a few deaths there though, all 200+...but i kinda liked the challenge tbh, it felt appropriate to the content level and our cr. It was a challenge but it's not impossible. we got war bonds as rewards and gear that we can crunch into crafting materials we need for mods.

lower content is just as tough but with no rewards...
    • Like x 4
  11. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

My first toon was created the first week of this game. My highest toon atm is 203 with 341 SP... I'm miserable with the game right now. The adds have frequently been tougher than the bosses they led up to, but after last night the adds are in a whole other league.

It's a ridiculously foolish move to bring your customers down and elevate all the NPCs.

I can't imagine most ppl play video games for a challenge. I always played them for fun. And while I do get very competitive sometimes, games should always strive for the "easy to learn, difficult to master" type setting. This isn't fun. At all. Yeah, the mechanics should be important, but NEVER at the cost of fun. You went from letting most ignore mechanics to punishing players. It's so bad I can't believe this is real.

I've been a loyal customer. I've spent several thousands of dollars. I know I'm just the one guy, but this is horrible. I loved feeling powerful. I strive for that in every MMO, not because it was a dire challenge, but because if you're gonna do something, you should do it right or don't waste your time. This drive made me grind feats hoping to be a top guy in the game. All you've done is punish my loyalty and made me feel like an idiot for staying.

Do you guys at DB think there are more ppl playing this game for fun or for a grueling trial? Everything is ridiculous now. Worst part about it is that it doesn't even seem like it has a point to it. It's like you just made it hard just to do it, there's no sense to it. Are you guys trying to kill your own game?

Try to notice that the guys who are saying "this is amazing" are basically the same group ppl that keep posting everywhere to defend it. They are ardent and vocal, but because of that they seem much larger than I'm sure they are. You can't sustain this game with only the "tryhards" that want a blistering labor with everything just to stroke their virtual egos. The casual play-for-fun crowd is surely a much larger, much safer demographic. The "elite" guys that are defending this revamp are probably gonna leave regardless, as they likely had already after a few weeks cause the "game isn't challenging enough".

You guys killed the unique fast paced action of the game, which was amazing. I didn't mind AMs because it streamlined loadouts, I just wish you had 3 or 4 of them per power. I'm not a newbie, and I do my research for the game. I built what seems to be an OK loadout. But even with that, all of my experience, SP, CR and OP items I'm still getting spanked like a rook.

OP items are a joke, in some instances they literally need twice as many of their stats.

I'm sorry for being so longwinded. I hadn't made a post on this, the whole thing had affected me to the point I was awestruck at how horrible it is.

TDLR; a guy that has been logging on consistently for several hours a day since the beginning hates this game now. I suppose the worst thing I can cite about the game is that it's become so anathema to fun that I don't even wanna log on anymore.
    • Like x 22
  12. Krossssss Well-Known Player

I have read almost every comment since before release till now on the revamp, and from what i see 50% :mad: hate it, 30% :confused: not sure, 20%:) love it.
    For now im in the 30% & it will greatly depend on how & if devs respond and adjust.
    Fireburst really needs to reset faster like 2s not 4s ! I hope that the devs will reply to most of the concerns that many have brought up and soon , Still love the DCUO but it really didn't feel as fun.
    The fact all powers are now equal is great.;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Duzzit Active Player

LMAO!

League Hall - Security Breach
    T6 Alert
    i'm 201 Sorcery DPS - 247 SP - full special forces mods and base mods
    others are 103 - 104 - 107

25 mins later...my fury has died 8 times, I'm spamming all the trinkets and soders, the rest of the party died ages ago, finally killed Mantis...

WHAT THE FIDDLESTICKS?
    • Like x 14
  14. xBlackCoffeex Well-Known Player

Yea me and some league mates ran this last night and we went through easily with zero wipes. We ran 2 dps cr 200 and 198 (me), 1 troll cr 188, and 1 heal cr 198. Also, i was still just beginning to re-learn mental dps and find a loadout. The content isn't hard if you have the roles in there with you. But if you are going for 4 dps then yea it might not be too smooth.

Also, please stop with the "I know how to play, i dont need to learn" BS. They (devs) completely changed what we knew for the last year into this. Unless you were on test (i wasn't), you (me included) do need to re-learn how to play again.

Note* I was using the superpowers focus with a loadout tuned towards terror PIs and a 35% finisher. In case people were wondering. I dont think this is the best loadout but i am still experimenting to see how it stacks up to other ones i come up with.
    • Like x 1
  15. xBlackCoffeex Well-Known Player

If the 300sp still doesn't have a loadout that works then yea you can. I say this because even though they have 300 sp only around 215 are needed to max out your damage potential. The rest are only going to be good for survive-ability. So you will have around 160sp into damage which makes the gap between the two of you not as big as you may think.
    • Like x 1
  16. recoil Committed Player

i think it's rather obvious that without cr differential you all WILL have to learn how to fight not just pew pew. also as several other people have stated with a full team of a healer, tank, troller, and 1-5 dps they've had no problems. they should rename the revamp "skills" matter.
    • Like x 2
  17. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

Ran through JSA(r) US(r) and JFA(e) SJ and WC
    we experienced no problems what so ever. JFA(e) actually seems easier after stats revamp if im being honest. The raids with stats revamp are alot smoother no random one shots from ads the boss mechanics you must follow which is nice.
    As for old content for those of you geared complaining about old content bring each role and follow the mechanics and you wont have aa problem. Was able to do things such as nexus and paradox using just an alerts worth of players(4 people).

Your not suppose to steam roll over 8 man content. We honestly didnt steam roll content in this game until the CR differential. When nexus and paradox were top raids we didnt go back and solo fos. Im very pleased to see that you have to follow mechanics and bring roles if you want to beat content.

Stats revamp is great and it provides a challenge we havent had anything to challenge us in years. I can say that steam rolling everything during AMs was not fun what so ever.
    • Like x 4
  18. Sydney New Player

Iceberg Lounge solo is impossible for me now. I'm cr 182, sp 170+, Earth power, and Martial Artist. I barely beat the Pengbot boss and died four times trying to beat the Penguin. I've never died the last several times I've completed the instance.

Unholy Matrimony raid was also impossible. There were cr 130's, 120's, one 187 tank, and one 178 dps, one 169 sorcery healer. We couldn't defeat the first boss, I think the Embodiment of Sin.
    • Like x 2
  19. recoil Committed Player

to be fair a healer couldn't beat iceberg lounge BEFORE the stats matters. biggest problem is the pengbot maximus as it takes too short a time to adapt in ratio to time needed to fight off adds.
    • Like x 1
  20. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Yes, CR only determines content locks. But if the enemy is a CR 100, and I'm a CR 200, doesn't that imply that stats will also be widely different? If an enemy with CR 50, CR100, and CR 200 all have the same stats, or worse yet, if they're being scaled to match some average of the team's stats, then my stats really "don't matter." At that point, you've effectively performed stat clamping across the board for the whole game. That is the exact opposite of what was being asked for.
    • Like x 14
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.