Dev Discussion GU73: Content - Too Challenging

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Flashback T2 Duo.

Boss: Abra Kadbra.

• To put it simply, this was a late que I joined in after someone else previously rage quitted; so I'm not sure how difficult Pied Piper is.
    • My Partner was a CR 103 Rage User, not sure of his or her stats.
    • My Stats were: CR 44, and 60 SP.
    Details:
    • Basically Abra Hits like a Truck, I ended up wiping and my partner who was CR 103 almost wiped but he or she managed to do enough DPS to finish him off. Needless to say, I think Abra needs some slight damage tweaks.
    • Like x 4
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Further Feedback on the Flashback T2 Duo:

I didn't get a drop from Pied Piper so I re-ran this due and random que'd.

Details: My stats are still the same as before, CR 44 with 60 SP. My Partner this time around was CR 43 and was Nature.

Mobs: These guys need a big tone down in their DPS output.
    Okay so you know how in order to even get to the first boss, you have to get through the Paradox Tunnel right? Well Good Luck with that, because these adds deilver way too much DPS to you and you can't really take your time burning these guys and trying to survive, because you gotta keep moving or the Tunnel will collapse and you'll wipe.

Furthermore, The Prisoners and Cops deal way too much damage with their rifle; about a good quart of my Health Bar Goes down after one rifle lunge attack. And the Flamethrower attack nearly kills you.

Pied Piper isn't a Joke either, you're literally going to have to carry a healing supercharge and a shield if you wish to take him down. He hits for around 413 to 345 per damage tick, and that's not even counting the fact that he has some of the worst mechanics in this game if you have a partner who doesn't know when to lunge/interrupt him.(Note I'm not saying My Nature Partner was bad, I'm just saying this as an example.)

TL;DR: Run this Duo, and you'll easily be able to recreate the bad experience I had. I ended up wiping 4 times in total, 3 wipes because of OP trash mobs; and 1 wipe from Pied Piper.
    • Like x 5
  3. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Clear evidence the npc health scaling is out of wack: tried T5 paradox wave eo, then the T8E (T9?) paradox bounty in Area 51 right after. While the damaged received was much less (warrior balls didn't one shot like in area 51, but imo they still did too much damage), the health pool felt only slighty less, which is insane considering the gap. Even with half the health, the bosses would still be alive long enough to see their respective abilities more than once. And if I understand earlier stated goals correctly, that is all you wanted to make sure of: that bosses weren't burned so quick that no one had to learn the mechanics.
    • Like x 4
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Instance: T2 - Oan Sciencells 4-player Alert
    Group Composition: 3-1-0-0 (3 DPS - 1 Controller - 0 Tank - 0 Healer)
    CR Range: CR49 - CR63

Feedback
    Heard a lot of talk about this one being harder than expected, so I got 2 other people who I know are confident with the stats revamp and ran the mission with them at a CR roughly half-way through the relevancy window for this mission. The team had CRs with a range of CR49 to CR63. 2 of the DPS were running without mods, tactical mods and only 40 skill points. The third DPS just 34SP, no mods but tactical mods for DPSing.

The instance itself was fine. It felt right for our combat rating and CR. Our bosses were Vice, General Fabrikant, Guy Gardner and Krona. Observing the mechanics and taking advantage of role buffs allowed us to easily overcome the instance, with only 1 wipe on Guy Gardner.

Bugs/Problems

Guy Gardner does a generic attack that has no tell and deals a lot of damage. The Combat Log doesn't have any information about this attack and simply names it "Guy Gardner's Primary Attack".

It delivered the following damage to me in a short period of time:

These hits occurred in rapid succession and had no skull warning. Blocking didn't seem to help much either. This attack also KOed another member of my group at a different time.

A piece of feedback left by my team mate was that a lot of the NPCs didn't really have any form of crowd controlling either. This made it difficult to get immunities and mitigate some of the incoming damage.
    • Like x 2
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I do not believe the devs should account for add skipping.
    • Like x 1
  6. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

T6 Alert Zamaron-Group was at level range between CR106-110 1-1-1-1group

Cat womans Hardlight Spikes hit to hard in two hits you die.Secondly when she lunges she sometimes does it which 1shots.

Harley Quiin fight was easy but for new players it may be difficult because of the terminal mechanics being slightly to short for them to notice.

Fatality boss fight is unbeatable at level she hits too hard her Aoe Lantern drop on top of adds spawning kills everyone almost immediately.

Also can we have some form of special Crystal added for which the First two bosses are contain(I know which ones) new players will wipe from that alone because it happened during my run one of the new players hit the boss crystal then we was swarmed by adds and the boss.
    • Like x 2
  7. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Instance: Strike Team Operation (Alert)
    NPC/Boss: Guy Gardner

Guy is killing characters of the appropriate CR in one shot. I was in the instance as a 196 Gadgets DPS and barely took him down after the rest of the team went down. (On the third attempt). Guy is hitting too hard.
    • Like x 5
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Always has done. His vomit hits closer to a raid AoE than an alert one.
    • Like x 2
  9. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

I think the revamp is great for higher stuff but the lower stuff has way too much health. Also some bugs with the damage in lower content is a little high.
    I have ran US just by Q in an had no problem beating it, everything was spec just right for that content. WC alert is also pretty easy but still challenging enough to be fun.
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Instance: War Crimes
    Boss: Savage Captain Whatshisname

Details: I feel like this first instance (not the boss, the adds) is overtuned for entry CR groups. Now, before people crawl all over me, keep in mind that I like the mechanics of the fights. And I know you don't want dps to plow through them. I also understand that WC is an operation. My concern is this: in a group of 200 cr dps 3,1 with a healer, you can destroy the Captain before the room fills with Infantry, thereby skipping over that mechanic anyway.

What happens if you have lower dps, or dps that aren't OP, or run 1,1,1,1? Trying to follow the mechanic doesn't work. You can't burn through the adds and the boss fast enough. By the time you kill an add, 2 have popped up in its place. In the meantime, the bosses health is still significant. Eventually, even the adds you managed to kill respawn and its game over. (Keep in mind this is from both dps and troll POV, even putting a defense debuff on the adds, they take forever to kill.

Suggestion? Take down the health of the infantry and grenadiers in the fight. You don't need to tune down their damage, or the boss' damage, that's fine. Just make it easier to kill the adds.
    • Like x 3
  11. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I random q'd dox and beat it with 7 players, (essentially 6, 1 of the healers were afk) it's still possible just takes longer. To note i wasn't in there for 75 mins lol.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Shaghrat New Player

Rage, Cr 201, sp 287 and i have a lot of difficult to kill Central City Wanteds (Weather wizard, Top, Captain Cold ecc) they are cr 74 and i risk to die! With all of them! Ridicolous!

The Revamp is a fantastic thing for the powers, but without cr differential you really need to revamp all the bosses and mobs. Really disappointed, the game is ruined now.
    • Like x 6
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

T7 Flash Duo - 2nd Boss couldnt be completed with 2 toons matching at least the recommended CR. Sodas, Supplies and everything else from HT was being used as well from both players. The problem here is the spawning add(s) that is literally like a 2nd boss doing actually even more damage than the boss itself.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

That duo did seem a bit OP. It was actually kinda fun though as I had to stay on my toes. I carried a 167cr troller through it, but even being 191cr, 267 sp it seemed pretty tough. A lower tiered/sp'd player would have a hella time getting through it.
    • Like x 2
  15. SolidGuy New Player

Wanted: Apokoliptian

Me and my wife was trying to complete this wanted mission so we can continue getting feats. Both of us are cr196 and sp196, shockingly enough we were struggling. Soon a cr199 and cr119 joined us (not sure of sp). I died twice the cr199 died I think maybe three times and the cr119 could barely stay up lol. Needless to say the opponents cr was 121. I have read numerous post in this thread and I know people stated that cr is no longer relevant if im not mistaken, but this was entirely too hard. I have also read that if you need a group to complete something then it would be best to have a group. I didnt think that you needed a group to complete wanted missions. Also during my progression in the game I feel as though someone who has gained a cr 75 levels above the opponent (even though I know cr is not suppose to matter) should be considerably stronger than the lower one. Catwomen is not going to come up and beat superman and still have health to spare, but it seems like this is what you have done. Me and my wife do not play with a league, mainly because we have other things to do so we only play dcuo in our spare time for fun (hence this being a game). Maybe there could be a way for you to split up higher and lower tiered players so the lower tiered ones could know there roles or something. I am not familiar with how hard that could be or not but it would be nice to have the strength I had before back.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kestral Committed Player

I've always done that as an 8 man group it's still quick an easy.
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Ran Corrupted Zam Duo, or tried to. CR 126 F2P 75SP. No Mods. CR 124 Tank walked out prior to Door Opening.
    Tried to burn 3 adds, they have way too much health. They went down but it took a long time. No one else showed up, so I left.
  18. Vanessa33335 Level 30

T6 above instances for alerts and specially raids are very tough(to not to say near impossible). Yesterday i was running alert (that one last boss is Star Saphire) noone could beat last boss and that because i joined on last fight against her.

When i gave up the list had around 50 names on it and probably increased...
    • Like x 4
  19. MastersGL New Player

Solos and Duos, for the most part seem to be fairly balanced and manageable.

I have not yet seen ANY alerts or raids, where the bosses weren't INCREDIBLY over powered.

Example: Prime Battleground raid
    Team included no lower than a 148cr, and no lower than a 132sp, and had two members 200cr/250+sp
    1 Tank, 2 controllers, 2 healers, 3 damage

ALL of us dead, in under a minute, against Brainiac. All of us.
    • Like x 3
  20. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

That's the Zamaron Alert im glad im not the only one who noticed that Fatality Boss is impossible especially at level.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.