GU47: Pet changes for Earth and Sorcery

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by BumblingB, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. generalzod Committed Player

I agree Earth and sorcery were just fine with there damage , lets hope Tunso reads our feedback's and adjust before it hits live !
  2. RobyREI Level 30

Earth must not be balanced only with Sorcery but also with the powers as quantum and celestial, so not decrease the damage of Crystal but increased the damage of Fury. Please delete the last hotfix for earth.
    Thx
    • Like x 2
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

There is a very tiny spot in the middle area of the LH where you can get SW proc on range for a single dummy. On melee you can play hide and seek with one of those dummies and use the LH design and walls for one of the outer area dummies (but I usally just dont use it and add the number - pulled from DCUO Log Analyzer - from range SW as that too often fails on melee and starts ticking on a 2nd dummy since there isnt a real difference for using SW on range or melee and its all about the pet). WM Sorc and AM Sorc are circumstances loadouts, AM just better on power. WM better on Range.

Earth and Sorc numbers were not super-accurate as the mods where not quite right but we talking here about a variance of ~600 DPS compared to Quantum, Munitions and Mental.
  4. generalzod Committed Player

Agree, Mepps had said that most the updates coming will be the balance of powers ! It was looking good So far Seeing that nothing was nurfed quantum ,munition , celestial ,Rage (with very skilled player) all seemed close then adding Earth and sorcery to the mix We would be half there ! So i hope we get these 2 powers inline with the top powers seeing that they probably won't be touch for a long time ! Witch is fine as lone as there working on all powers balanced !
    • Like x 1
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think giving Crystal more damage than Fury was a bad idea to balance things around.

It is crucial for Earth's Geokinesis tree that Shards get both base and PI damage increase. Shards is a medium range only ability and should be able to easily put out more damage than Striking stones.

Totem's cooldown should be decreased to 12 sec for both dps and tanks' sake.

Not including Seismic abilities to power return mechanic gives me hope there might be an Aftershock mechanic introduced later.
    I mean cmon guys, people wont stop asking about that. :D
    • Like x 3
  6. generalzod Committed Player

This might of been the best way even out the powers of sorcery and earth ! but it also may take the longest , its crazy because there saying gu 47 might hit this week ! i have no issues if they had earth and sorcery right ! but not looking good right now !
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Earth pet change was experimental and not supposed to hit the public test server yet, and it's been removed basically so we can spend more time with it. This doesn't mean we're done or ignoring it - we just need to do some more work with the numbers to come to a level of balance we don't need to revisit again later. Thank you for your patience.
    • Like x 11
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Hi Mepps. Thanks for the response! :)
    So is Earth and Sorcery getting a change for GU47, or is this a GU48 for all thing?
    • Like x 5
  9. generalzod Committed Player

Thanks you Mepps, It don't have to be the best DPS just within 5% above or below the rest of the top DPS powers this is great and all some of us ask for ! but yes so are we getting nothing for gu 47 or is it going to be 48 ? you almost had it perfect ?
    • Like x 2
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Please do not tell us who will not leave anything on earth GU47 !?
    I know many players who have exchanged their power waiting for this change!
    I understand that the earth should be further worked, but at least what has been done is not released, it will be only one of thousands disappointments we've ever had! And I do not believe that we are in a moment for more disappointments!
  11. Veritech Loyal Player

Thanks for clearing this up a bit, I can definitely wait for it to be done right.

Still it's a bit deflating.
    • Like x 1
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I believe that many could not wait ... Of course we all know that the earth would not be finalized, and that would still have a new update. But if nothing comes out, it will be a complete disaster!
    It will be a real promise of political ...
  13. generalzod Committed Player

Mepps , so in the notes u just drop it show earth and sorcery update so we are getting it what was the last version we are getting ?
    • Like x 2
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I'm now confused.
    • Like x 1
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Ive been thinking that there should probably be 2 different versions of Fortify Golem and Offering in the same power slot.
    - 1st one counting as harmful and giving power to Crystal/ Fury.
    - 2nd one being "beneficial" and giving power to Brick/ Guardian.

My reasoning is that without the additional clipping, a Dps running defensive pets will be way too huge of a damage lose.
    I personally would still like to have the option to run Brick/Guardian in alerts without losing that much dps.

The other thing is that Brick tanking needs more clipping to free time for blocking. Earth tanks overall have it the worst with clipping potential because both main buffs: Jackhammer and Fortify Golem; are couting as harmful skills. This has to be looked at.
    The Defense tank buff per point of Dominance is insufficient and has to be increased as well.

My hope was that Fortify and Offering would be beneficial flagged in general and Pets AM would be more speed+clipping based than just 1 big hit over some period of time.
    • Like x 4
  16. generalzod Committed Player

A little confusion here ? have no problem waiting to getting things right but what you said :
    (The Earth pet change was experimental and not supposed to hit the public test server yet, and it's been removed basically so we can spend more time with it. This doesn't mean we're done or ignoring it - we just need to do some more work with the numbers to come to a level of balance we don't need to revisit again later. Thank you for your patience.)

Refer to this ? :(
    Earth
    • Reducing Crystal's damage to the same as Fury's as in certain situations Earth seems to be outperforming Sorcery.)?????
    or something else ??????

thanks
    • Like x 1
  17. pultinski Well-Known Player

"Crystal causes additional damage for 12 seconds after using Fortify Golem or when attacking enemies afflicted with the Dazed or Crushed state."
    is there any reason why a pi AND FG don't stack ?. im not familiar with other AM's, but i thought DOT based AMs are allowed to stack dots. should not the same hold true for pets ?. does not quantum AM involve stacking ?
    someone please educate me as to why we cant stack these.
    just to confirm, (from crystals dmg potential point of view), FG = pi ?
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I believe, and someone can correct me on this, that AM powers that are used in the big hit don't get boosted by a PI. Powers like EMP, Mass Det, Mass Terror will do the same damage whether they are used on their PI or not. As long as the AM's mechanic is met, it will do the big hit. I bet if they allowed for the PI boost plus AM boost to stack, the AM boost would be lower.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.