GU47: Pet changes for Earth and Sorcery

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by BumblingB, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

I am pleased to report Crystal can still hit for 6k-8k. However, I will admit that my opponent quit after two bouts and most of the damage was to the Shadowland NPC's but I was just looking at my log and that is what I saw. If someone would like to test further I would definitely be down to help.
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I posted this was before the update! Crystal was not being influenced by cr! And the damage was always the same no matter if you faced someone with varying CR.
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

After some tests I believe the Earth's power to return has to be better worked! It is not always that it works! Sometimes I realize that nothing happens! Even following the order of the blows ...
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

It's not exactly power return. It's power regeneration. You have to hit a Geo power and then do precision damage. So you will get an increased power regen rate that acts similar to power return....you just have to use your weapon or aftershocks to get the power to go up. You won't see any numbers, just watch your power bar. Power regen can be further increased if you spec for vit in your skill points and mods.
    • Like x 1
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Thank you for explanation. I knew that is regeneration. Just had not focused on the fact of having to apply precision damage after! I was just doing what was written. I will try again when you come from work and then post.
    But I still think that a return is much better than regeneration.
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Now I've seen the update server!
    They will reduce the crystal damage !? Serio this !?
    I'm shocked!:eek:
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

What the?

Sorc was outperforming earth when the pets were equal before.
    Crystal got a buff then earth was outperforming sorc.

Take away that buff and it's back to sorc>earth. Isn't there some middle ground?
    • Like x 4
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Sorcery is outperforming Earth with the supercharge, weapon of destiny, shard of life, and soul well......why the nerf? Crystal was fine where she was at.
    • Like x 3
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

So this is why you decreased Crystals damage to Fury's level? Elusian isn't even accounting for the fact that Sorcery has several advantages when it comes to Supercharge, single target proc 6 second cool down for weapon of destiny, soul well stacks and is ranged, and Shard of Life hits harder than Rumblecrush....really? Come on.
    • Like x 3
  10. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Jump on Test Server right now. Then take off all your gear and run your crystal rotation on the 8 league hall sparring targets. Mid and Melee range.

Notice the 18-21k dps, from Crystal alone Thats not even ajusting to compare it to wt/hod sparring targets which would have been 23-26k dps.
  11. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The WT/HoD targets don't have defense any more dude. Same as League Hall targets at cr126. She can do good damage on her own but with that damage you need to supplement her.

EDIT: Are you even looking at the range of your character? Closer...Crystal hits harder than when you are ranged. Plus when you run the numbers via the Analyser...there's a clear difference between the damage potential of Sorcery and Earth.
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

I would really like to know:

List these certain situations.

In an even field Sorc does it. I was always pointing out the issue of Earth having a pet bug. The latest test update is beyond me as it neither fixed the bug but instead unbalanced the powersets again. I was always accounting for Sorcs advantages, pretty aware of it. Basically every power aside from the AoE field are a major advantage for Sorc. I want a bug fixed, not the powerset unjustified nerfed. Major difference.
    • Like x 3
  13. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

So first it was "We are making crystal deal more damage than Fury to make up for the inconsistancies in the powers" then it's "Never mind we wanted Sorcery to be better than Earth". What's next? Are we going to just decided this update was worthless and revert every change back to what it was before? This is starting to become oddly amusing. Lets not forget you continue to ignore basic mathematics:

Brick now takes 33% more damage
    Brick receives a 15% health buff

I don't remember where making something receive 33% more damage but only giving it 15% more health was a buff? Can we all just agree to first use the fundamentals of math to balance then get fancy?
    • Like x 4
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

I would be happy at this stage to hold the earth/sorc part of gu47 back until gu48. There's too much going on to give these powers the deserved attention.
    • Like x 3
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Clearly, Sorcery has an advantage over Earth because WoD will inflict BK on a single target, from where they can put on CoD. Earth must use a separate power to apply PI. So the advantage Sorcery has again is doing more with less.
    • Like x 1
  16. Veritech Loyal Player

The double tick from Crystal has always been there. It's on live now, it was on live at gu37.
    If it really is a bug, then it's gone unnoticed/unchanged/not seen as an issue for a long time.
    • Like x 4
  17. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

The Gemstone Shield bug has been in the game since Earth was released so I don't find it to hard to believe when people ask that question about Earth powers.
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

With such a low % of actual end game earth players, I didn't expect much more from testers tbh.
    • Like x 2
  19. Veritech Loyal Player

Posting for someone without the privilege.

• Like x 4
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

So, I guess this means Crystal will be underperforming in certain situations now?
    • Like x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.