GU47: Pet changes for Earth and Sorcery

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by BumblingB, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veritech Loyal Player

Sorcery is back to outperforming earth in all situations.
    With the pet damage the same and Sorcery's supporting powers clearly superior to the Earth equivalent, It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which will come out favourable.

Please hold this update back. Release the rest but hold the powers.
    • Like x 4
  2. BumblingB I got better.

This... feels like Fire's revamp changes, AM addition, and AM fixes. Do something good and pull back the last minute. :(

If the update is launching this week, there isn't a lot of time to test these and get a working fix.
    • Like x 4
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Okay. So I just found out an ugly truth. After the Crystal and Fury changes and sparring target changes (thanks for this btw). Unfortunately these AMs are broken. They are not competitive any longer. Most of the AMs will beat it and Quantum does double the damage that the total AM can pull out. Double.

The power return that Crystal/Fury get is way too low and unfortunately they need more power to do damage. You need to buff Fury to Crystal's former level and Crystal back to her state before today's update.

Make the power they get be big ticks of "power over time" like if a sparring target gave them power. Make it so that Offering and Fortify Golem keeps them completely powered and if the user doesn't use the ability then punish them with both pets wasting their power fast.

Good news is that Fury and Crystal are balanced and the AMs are well balanced but they completely get beat by other AMs especially in effective DPS. Thanks to the changes you guys made to the sparring targets today; it made me realize the truth.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Sparring targets still give power back to the pets.

I couldn't get an accurate reading. The 3 green targets just melt even w/o the pet use.
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

You guys should run tests as well and run in any test raid that you can get in. If we can get similar results then that would be helpful to see what's going on because I don't know if I'm going insane or if I'm just testing incorrectly. Just replicate tests in real runs.
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Try the watchtower targets. Best testing around for pets and it's single target. No power to pets and it's same exact cr as League Hall at 126 with no defense like every other sparring target in the game.

EDIT: The three targets give power to Crystal but they don't give power to Fury for some reason. It's a little odd.
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Forgive my stubborn/blunt approach. Thanks for the clear up. I wasn't sure what were your intentions and I was finding your evaluations odd. If anything the double tick thing is not a bug since it's always worked liked that for Crystal just as it is on Live now.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm going to be that guy since Supreme Monarch can't post here, but Tunso, it is time that you guys change Weapon of Destiny. There is currently no power in the game like it and it breaks all the rules of the other weapon procs. When you changed the flag from utility to beneficial you actually put an imbalance out there. Its impossible to test based on a players weapon choice. WoD should work no different than Warped Reality. Please change the cool down and power cost appropriately.
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Thanks!
    CR114 M9162 P3542 against single target 126 Dummy 60 second interval.
    Earth 4082/s
    Gadgets 3711/s
    Sorcery 3827/s
    Quantum 8913/s
    Fire 3082/s

I got bored to do these tests, but Quantum is broken if it is left like this. In any case. It seems balanced around Gadgets, so eh... I give.

Thing to note Sorcery ended lower because Fury is a MORON. Crystal will do shuriken storms and go into her big hit the instant she has power, while Fury... will do several pulse beams. I'm gonna say they are the same... Because the AI of Fury is just... bad.

Edit, actually Quantum is probably slightly skewed, since Warp Barrage was hitting two targets even though I was quite a distance away. It still much higher than the rest.
    • Like x 6
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

I sure hope a dev will come and explain this.
  11. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Are you sure the Timebomb wasn't hitting both targets as well?
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

That's my thought, too. Looks like double the expected damage.
  13. Fiash2k Active Player

has nothing to do with the pet but where is the range aoe pull spytle was talking about ?
    • Like x 1
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

Max. Range Single Target Dummy League Hall via InGame Parser (~70 seconds, couldnt do much longer unless you want really weird data because of regen dummies):

Quantum: 13454/s
    Sorcery: 8376/s
    Earth: 8769/s
    Munitions: 7510/s
    Mental: 7374/s

Melee numbers are pretty much in similar ranges of each other ~12-13k (only Earth 2-3k higher than rest but hey, we all know why...)

Will be interesting to see when they ever fix Quantums range for Time Bomb lol

There is nothing in the new content where you won't be able to get the broken DPS of Earth to proc. Next to melee isnt an issue, real melee'ing will still be.
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

I thought the range was fixed ?
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

They fixed TB not exploding and registering damage proper. Now it does like you standing always next to the target even when you stand on max range. Means they fixed smth and broke smth else a week ago.
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

Hmm its in the patch notes...odd.
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

• Like x 1
  19. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

How are you getting sorcery numbers in the league hall? Are the targets really far enough away for soul well not to tick on other targets? Unless you didn't use it in which case ahh that makes since why Earth beat out sorcery. SW + WoD is where the gap in the two powers is most prevalent. Not using soul well will definitely bring them much closet together.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I wasn't seeing the damage hit the other target from TB, only WB. Deleted the video, I could do the test again, but it was just hitting hard.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.