Test Discussion GU46: Rage Advanced Mechanic Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl Devoted Player

I never told you to stop with your replies. I want Rage to be the beast it once was in any range of attack. But, I know when I've lost. I know when its time to turn my efforts elsewhere. I'm pretty sure what format I play is in my signature. And my friend doesn't play anymore, he wasn't having fun anymore so he left gracefully (not like most people on these forums). But I can tell you his power selection, it was the cookie cutter that everyone used. Sidekick, DB, Bloodlust, PR, GE, and Berserk. WM and JC during the rotation. He stood just on the outskirts of melee range. And I won't name names, at least not outside of a PM.
    I'm not picking a fight with you, friend. I just hate to see people fighting when they have no chance of winning. And thats all this thread has turned into. Your effort is noted though.

Its been mentioned...the next big thing is Munitions and that's where their attention lies. Can't sell any respecs if no one wants to switch.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kayla El Committed Player

I'm not picking a fight with you either but if players still have ideas then even if it's a lost cause we should encourage them to keep posting, rather then telling them they have no chance of winning. It's because we kept insisting that Mepps asked us to tell him where do find it difficult to melee dps. You see our fighting wasn't all in vain and it isn't over yet either. If our efforts didn't manage to convince them to do something for rage at least they managed to make them consider do some changes for the content itself. You didn't specifically tell us to stop posting but If you think this is a lost cause it doesn't mean it's also true.
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

True. I have been here long enough though, to know when a smoke screen is thrown and we're being pushed aside.

Keep fighting the good fight though.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kayla El Committed Player

When devs get you down, just keep posting! :D
    • Like x 2
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

It's my understanding one of the reasons Beserk was nerfed was the out of balance damage it could create. Since other powers have not only caught but passed rage is it possible to make PVE Beserk re-nerf.

I'm thinking one berserk still doesn't match two rotations of temporal vortex into time bomb.
    • Like x 5
  6. GOOP New Player

They could bring back the old berserk when in savage state. Couldn't they?
    • Like x 2
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I don't think it's near the DpS imbalance it was back then
    • Like x 3
  8. BlackMaasque New Player

If they could double the duration to 10 sec i would be more than happy, because 5 seconds is not really worth it in raids.
    • Like x 3
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Think was 8 seconds per need 8 is good no need to be greedy
    • Like x 1
  10. Earth Mastery Level 30

Since there will be no changes to rage range, atleast bump up that dreadful explosion damage. I would be greatful.
    • Like x 6
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I haven't seen an acknowledgment or an update on the bug or damage cap on relentless anger, any chance that will get updated?
  12. Kayla El Committed Player

Lithium asked me to post this.

Would it be possible to buff the precision version of galling eruption, and violence to get the same buff as the other rage combos will receive?
    Would it be possible to make violence inflict plasma burn too, it could help with melee to maximize our combo damage.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kayla El Committed Player

Is there really no way to make Gailing Eruption spawn in front of us instead of all around us? Isn't this power already good enough for its tanking side that you can't make this compromise to be more friendly for its dps role? Also why can't Berserker last longer like it used too at least for pve and why does Outrage need 3 seconds cooldown? I don't think these changes are that hard or time consuming to pull off.
    • Like x 3
  14. WolfDrizz New Player

well I think a lot of people are just gonna switch powers, I know I am. Ice is looking really good now for dpsing and for my tank toon. I loved rage but this update is just depressing lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fiash2k Active Player

Outrage 3 sec cooldown is an overkill ... plz change atleast that.
    • Like x 4
  16. Kayla El Committed Player

Rage has the potential to compete with all powers even at range but it just needs a little sign of good will from the developers. For example why powers that have a precision version of themselves can't be allowed to do more damage in savage state? This is truly depressing like you said.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kayla El Committed Player

Saybro asked me to post this.

How about this. Since channeling hate is such a weak power. Making it a mobile focused attack. Where you are NOT planted into the ground like it has you now. You can also add the option of holding square to go into a precision damage version. It would help give rage options and follow the AM exactly how you guys are planning on updating it. And buff that damage on it as well.

Rage blast, simply speed up the animation and buff the damage. BOOM...satisfies some rage users with range options and you get to follow your am exactly!

Also, since galing has a precision version, shouldn't its precision damage be buffed as well in savage state? Needs to follow the am kind sirs.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kayla El Committed Player

Here is another idea of how to compensate the lack of range combos powers for rage. How about you guys allow Plasma Retch and Gailing Eruption to combo into a precision version of each other if both are picked. I know this will look like a Celestial mechanic copy paste but it could work pretty well in my opinion.

- you could allow Gailing Eruption to spawn under the target or in front of the caster.
    - you could change Plasma Retch damaging functionality do be more like Chompers.
    - you could allow the precision versions of both PR and GE to do more damage in savage state.

Like this GE could combo into a precision version of PR and PR could combo into a precision version of GE. :)
    • Like x 10
  19. Kayla El Committed Player

Would it be possible to maybe allow full mobility while performing the advance mechanic for all powers?
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

well that would kill the uniqueness of the mobile focused attack AM's and would make hen damn near obsolete because if you could play a power like rage or quantum or light where you were mobile and fluid and the powersets "felt" good it would become even more obvious how clunky he AM for fire, Ice, and munitions is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.