Test Discussion GU46: Rage Advanced Mechanic Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolix Loyal Player

Might based damage, the damage from using a normal power, is considered ability damage, and precision based damage, the damage from the combo'd versions of powers, is considered weapon damage.

When might based damage hits an enemy the number displaying the damage will pop up yellow in color, while precision based damage pops up as white in color.
  2. Kayla El Committed Player

Why is a combo version of a power considered weapon damage? Just because its precision based doesn't make it weapon damage. If a combo version of a power is considered weapon damage then why isn't the advance mechanic boosting the damage coming from your weapon?
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

Because its an AM. If they intent is for it to be power based, then its likely they're not going to let it boost weapon combos. They were able to do it with Celestial, so its not like its news either.

The entire reason the AM grants +5% crit damage without WM unlocked is because the precision based combo damage is affected by the crit damage boost you get from unlocking Weapon Mastery. You know the crit damage that only affects weapon damage.

Also, the crit innate socket bonuses labeled as weapon crit affect the combos while the ability crits do not. It is not the terminology commonly used by the community, but it is the terminology used in the game.
  4. Kayla El Committed Player

I believe you but it's very weird how they designed the whole thing i mean ability crits bonuses to not affect the combos of abilities...:rolleyes: I know they are combos but they are combos of abilities not of weapons no?
  5. BigAl Devoted Player

Here's your answer. Might based damage is yellow, precision is white. Yellow is generally associated with power damage, white with weapon. Don't ask why, that's not one for me to answer, nor anyone else that would "guess".

On topic, I won't be changing my rotations when the update hits, but I will be glad I won't be draining my trollers anymore.
    • Like x 1
  6. Nemisor Committed Player

latest hotfix for test............:(

Rage
    • The tree specialization stat bonuses are no longer swapped for the Anger and Punishment trees.

but this.....

Amazon Fury Part II
    Throne of the Dead
    • Ares will now attack enemies highest on his hate list that stay close to him, instead of just attacking whoever is closest.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kayla El Committed Player

You've told us 3 times now that you wont change your rotation which by the way is not even an option and how is this even relevant to the topic? :rolleyes: On second thought you are right this is on topic and it totally proves that after this GU launches, rage dps AM will be even more boring the Ice AM. :D Also dayum sir but what loadout are you using if you are draining your controllers? o_O
  8. Kayla El Committed Player

They will keep tweaking that raid until probably the release of the next dlc. It's getting quite funny to see Throne of the Dead in every hotfix hahaha! :D At this rate that raid will get even easier then the normal version but on the bright side we'll be able to melee dps it with our guts, glory and piu piu guns! :cool:
    • Like x 1
  9. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Hades is still proximity aggro so good luck with the melee thing...
    • Like x 4
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

But doesn't "highest on his hate list" specify the tank?
  11. Eclara New Player

Notes say Ares only, not Hades.
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

No, with Ares there was the problem of pets getting higher on his hate list due to proximity. This should fix that. However Hades is meleeable, just Hades has more close range moves that suggest melee is not the best idea.
    • Like x 1
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I'll give it a chance. Melee damage seems pretty good and that Ares update was definitely needed. I can't see myself surviving for long in melee range on bosses in Throne or some in the other raids but on adds it's not too bad. Better tells/longer reaction times on PBAOE 1shots would be greatly appreciated on many bosses though. After this GU launches I'll try to get some courage and melee Ares. Can't wait to see how long I last until I can watch the rest of the fight from outside or get kicked :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Lightws Dedicated Player

How so. Simply stand at his back lol.
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

I believe the point I was trying to slam home was, they have done little to reply and/or make any changes that have been requested. And even more, when they have replied, it was said they weren't changing the mechanics. Apparently, some people like smashing their heads against walls, because thats all half of this thread has been.

And I do believe, I decide whether I want to change my rotation or not. A friend of mine was a ranged Rage user. He would blow very good dpsers in our league out of the water with his rotation. He used no melee, and would destroy content. To read all the comments here about how Rage is only melee, makes me laugh. I have used Rage since it released, and will likely stay Rage (unless they release an actual Darkness power). My rotation serves me well, and it suits my play style.

You appear set in your ways, and that's fine. You can play any way you like. That's the game's motto right?
  16. Kayla El Committed Player

Mister PillowHands asked me to post this.

Since DB spam and retribution spam have similar uses as a rotation, it'd be nice if they brought rage damage up to the level of a retribution centered rotation. When the AM is active, celestial dots are hitting harder.

This celestial rotation is essential a mirror of the rage rotation. Put up a dot, hit buffs and spam a move(db/retribution). The celestial rotation hits harder, can be used at max range and still has a hard hitting supercharge that works with the AM. The rage melee rotation could still net more damage, but this could be used in the many situations where rage can't melee.
  17. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

If the closer tank gets teleported, the far tank can't just throw a taunt from across the room and save the melee Rage dps from dying. And also once Hades picks you to attack, the tank can't pull him off.
    • Like x 2
  18. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

The current WM>Dreadful Blast rotation which is the optimal ranged loadout doesn't do as much damage as a lot of powers: Quantum, Ice, Celestial, Nature, Light, Sorc, etc. However, the new melee-based Rage does a ton of damage making it very competitive. People are just disappointed that the reworking of Rage is going to be useless for the majority of end-game raiders. They can rework content all they want but at the end of the day no one wants to keep running in to pick up the melee DPS who keeps dying over and over. Rage would have to do twice the damage of Quantum to convince people to go kamikaze on raid bosses.
    • Like x 8
  19. Kayla El Committed Player

1. Yes you are right they pretty much turned down most of our requests for reasons known only by them. I don't think anyone is smashing their heads against the wall, because we all knew the odds of them considering our requests were very low. That doesn't mean people don't have the right to be disappointed though, because all they wanted to do was to improve the overall rage experience.

2. Nobody is telling you what rotation to use or what serves you well, i simply stated that you have no other viable options for range rage loadouts. If you play on EUPC i would like to see your friend blowing up and destroying content with his rage rotation. Just so you know i was rage since its release too and i perfectly know what it's capable of but affirmations like these my friend does this and that are totally irrelevant. No one said that rage was only melee, if you were paying more attention you would have noticed that all players were saying is that it lacks viable range options.

3. If rage is working perfectly fine for you and you don't want anything to change, it's cool we understand, but for me your posts pretty much sound like we the rest should just shut up and take it as it is. Well sorry but we won't, even if we know the devs will ignore most of our ideas, we'll never stop trying to convince them that rage deserves more attention then their giving it.
    • Like x 4
  20. Kayla El Committed Player

You forgot till being forced to respec out of frustration, but yeah best of luck at meleeing.:D
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.