Test Discussion GU46: Rage Advanced Mechanic Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayla El Committed Player

Why do you think mobility should be considered unique and exclusive in the first place? What makes other advance mechanics obsolete is the difference in damage potential, not the ability to be mobile. Also why do you say the AM is awkward for Fire, Ice and Munitions, they pretty much look alright to me. Being able to move while performing the advance mechanic will only give players the possibility to position themselves while attacking and nothing more.
  2. Nemisor Committed Player

ice's AM is very mobile. ice bash, shatter and avalanche can all be used while moving.
    • Like x 2
  3. btoom New Player

HHA very smart to ignore feedback that's the way to run successful mmo:p
    • Like x 4
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I don't the devs obviously do. Until they change their mind or someone lays out a clear and convincing argument that accounts for balance and diversity and the devs take it to heart, then this is the system.

Ackward refers to fluidity and how the AM plays out the channel powers that are the staple of Fire, Ice, and munitions end abruptly without a cool down timer and little else in the way of visual and audio messaging. The power starts runs a time and ends there is no ability or window in which you can que your next channel. You simple have to become very adept at hitting the next power at a particular second. And in my opinion only it creates a very ackward hitcy play experience.

When you put Ice and Fire and munitions transition from channel to channel up against the transistion in HL from light blast to mini guns, one is smooth and "feels" awesome the other is clunky and sometimes feels awesome and other times feels frustrating.

If you were to give Rage mobility during combo chains and you could effortlessly chain from dreadful blast to outrage to dreadful blast it would feel as smooth as HL most likely, with cool down timers and great audio and visual messaging telling when to que your next input.

There are several ways I have been told to approach munitions, practice more (until the timings become seconds nature), button mash, or my preferred que weapon attacks in between channels and clip the attack as soon as th animation starts. Each one if these has its pluses and minuses.

Still doesn't change the fact the channel attack transactions for me, for all mobile focused attacks AM's feel awkward and frustrating more often then it feels awesome and fluid.
    • Like x 3
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Well, worst case I will die a few hundred times and get shamed into going back to my true love Gadgets, although I like tanking with Rage :(
    Best case I'll end up beating Ares and his minions with Claws, Maces and all that stuff and have a great time which will totally happen :rolleyes:
  6. Kayla El Committed Player

Yes bro everything you said it's very true but i'm pretty sure they could tweak some advance mechanics to be smoother like the rest without too much effort. :)
  7. Kayla El Committed Player

If you don't get killed which is highly unlikely, you will for sure get knocked down, over and over again, loosing tons of damage and time, all because of the bosses block mechanic. Second big reason why melee in this game is High Risk-Low Reward. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Now that you mention it, I did try some melee on live these days and noticed just how many freakin' knockbacks everything has! Even if I manage not to get blocked all the time, almost every boss either A) spams knockbacks B) spams other cc or c) jumps all over the room and constantly runs out of my melee range.

Huge Payoffs
    Much Reward
    Such Risk
    • Like x 1
  9. Nemisor Committed Player

i think at this point ive accepted the fact that Melee just wont work, despite what the devs say and we are being "Earthed"
    • Like x 6
  10. Sbel Devoted Player

So, in the Booster Bundle livestream they said that GU46 is coming out tomorrow, just fyi.
  11. Serj Committed Player

#rip
    • Like x 1
  12. GOOP New Player

Great huddle guys! It was worth the try. I'm sure they'll look back to rage in the future, but for now...
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.