Test Discussion GU45 Celestial AM DPS Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I saw prec burst on all the targets with the aura on one target from using WcR.
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, finally getting on test. No log to parse still, but I can at least evaluate some things.

1. The AoE after multi-input, definitely does not work for the single-input combos, like ScH and HcS; however, once you set up the AoE effect, you can continue with a single-input combo. So, say you do RcW/ScH. You can continue clipping ScH into itself and get the AoE on Smite. If you stop comboing, you lose it.

2. Power return mechanic is nice. Seems like it's a range of 80-90% base power back. Interestingly, it's similar to the AoE effect. So, if you hit RcW, you can just spam Smite and Haunt repeatedly and continue getting power back until you stop. If intended, this could create an opportunity for balanced or even full might builds! Just use a multi-input combo to set up the AoE and power return, then spam Smite, Haunt, Retribution. All might AoE damage! I'll try and post a vid.
    • Like x 6
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Where did you test that at? I tested it on the group of 8 and it did not appear any different.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

• Like x 5
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, the precision burst hits multiple. The aura is still just AoE around the target.
    • Like x 1
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

FYI, the AoE mechanic will hit all 8 of the targets in that grouping.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

• Like x 5
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

1. Exactly what I was doing.
    2. Just in my hour of playing around on dummies, I don't wonder that a single target fight might best be served by going with a specialized Might build and use DP instead of Anoint. Something along the lines of Male, Bene, DP, CI and spam HcS. Heck, you could even throw Plague in there and get essentially 5 DoTs on a single target. Take the final fight of Necro that starts single target then gains adds: pop CI, then combo PcDL and then do HcS and get 3 might ticks on the adds while keeping your 5 might DoTs on the boss. I think there is potential.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

That's all from me for now. I have a lot of work to do, once the combat log is fixed!
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

Just a thought, but I was thinking of how buffs could fit into a rotation, and since Benediction is the only comboable one you'd have to clip the buffs with it last and combo from it to keep the AM and powerback active. However, from what I see, Cleansed Malediction is still a single target DoT that's even less apealling considering how strong DP makes normal Malediction, and that you are spending time not doing AoE damage.

Would it be possible to have it act as an AoE after a multi-input combo, similar to Retribution, Coruupted Retribution, Haunt, and Smite?
    Or maybe have the DoT be affected in a similar manner as Cursed Idol, Divine Light, and Corrupted Divine Light?
    Or maybe Both?
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Might wanna look.at BcA and WotPcCS
    It's a start.. but they still lack.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, quick observation suggests that base damage was not changed for any ability or combo. That makes me think the imbalances between the trees will also remain unchanged. More testing to do, though.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That bothers me a bit.
    • Like x 3
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Not to be negative though.

I love the new changes Spord and I appreciate all the work that went into the AM Update.
    :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, to be fair, I can't think of one powerset that doesn't have it's handful of key abilities, while the rest are ignored. I do think the buff to DP may help some. I'm going to be running a lot of tests with different builds and such. If the base values didn't change, that will actually make my job easier. Quick checking that will take less time than reassessing new bases.
    • Like x 2
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Cursed Idol appears to be working with the WM crit bonus, lol. Pretty nuts.
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

I wouldnt wonder if it has the same code issue as Divine Light here as it also procs with WM on all DoTs.
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It would be so cool if it was intended though
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

It would be terrible! We don't need any more reasons to use WM!
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Well, for those who want to use WM, it's a nice option.
    But Im loving no weapon AM with Celestial.
    *sniffles*
    WcR hits hard now :D
    Me soo happy.

I do have a bit of things to see in a hybrid stance though.
    dark pact with Malediction (no combo) and cursed Idol is pretty damn potent in damage heals ;)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.