Test Discussion GU45 Celestial AM DPS Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misashini New Player

Well, if you take into consideration anoint. Let's say your precision is 3292 if you hit anoint, your prec is 15 percent more. taking it to 3785

no biggy right?

So then you take 3692 with the RP then anoint your prec is 4245 That is almost a 30% buff combined.
  2. Misashini New Player

3. Remander Steadfast Player

Honestly, I prefer Fortified Blocking for survivability. Glad I don't need to mess with a DPS neck mod.
    • Like x 1
  4. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

4245-3785=460 prec difference which is only 46 dps or total on that RetributionCWither Combo of 1817 damage without RP and 2038 damage with it. Thats a change of 221 damage or around 10% boost not factoring in weapon dps. Were what just about up to 400 dps on weapons so without RP and popping Anoint you'd be at 779 dps vs with RP and popping Anoint you'd be at 825 dps. So on cW we are talking about 3739 damage vs 3960 damage or a difference of 221 or 5.5% damage increase. Its noticeable sure, but not game breaking to not have it.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Hey, shiny, I was rechecking the clip timings, and I agree with your 2 seconds on RcW, but I actually got 1.4 seconds on ScH. Odd. I can't imagine they've changed the windows, so I'm guessing it was lag during my prior measurements. How are you obtaining your timings? Video?
  6. shiny mackerel Committed Player

it's hard to clip since there's no real visual cue and it's short. I can only do it consistently by mashing left mouse and retribution at the same time right after using smite. I recorded this just now at 60 fps: http://webmshare.com/W5mKo
    start/end times here: http://imgur.com/a/0PUdj

I only showed one run but I did get the same time over many tries. I also timed RcW-ScH at 3.1 sec minimum, so subtracting out RcW gets the same result. since it's so short, clipping it less than perfectly every time really hurts, so I'd actually say RcW alone is better realistically unless you're ace clipper extraordinaire.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that's about what I'm getting. I even timed yours, and it's more like 1.4 seconds from initiation of Smite to initiation of Retribution. Perhaps, we're judging the clip time differently? I'm basically calling it the earliest point from initiation of a combo that you can then clip the next cast into it. At that speed, the damage from Retribution actually registers in the log prior to cHaunt.

[IMG]

Can't get that fast on RcW clipping.
  8. shiny mackerel Committed Player

maybe... I start timing on the frame right before Smite turns red and end on the frame Retribution turns red on the power tray. What about RcW-ScH time? you can't go wrong with that since there's no cooldown to worry about. Between the same frame in successive rotations, I'm getting 3.1 seconds which matches the 2+1.1 sec timings I got.
    • Like x 1
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, finally got it, but it sure is hard to time it that tightly. Couldn't do it reliably. Miss it, and you bork the whole rotation without even knowing it. Had instances throughout runs where I just didn't get the DoTs to kick in for clipping too quickly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.