Test Discussion GU45 Celestial AM DPS Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting about the clip timings, shiny. Thanks for that. I was actually considering precisely those testing changes to remove variables. Needed to get the base mod dispenser working again, of course. Curious why both Elusian and I saw what we saw, while Kaiser and Karasawa, and now you, saw something different. I was only keeping logs on perfect runs, so as to eliminate combo errors as a variable. At least the relative damage relationships you got match mine. I've planned to retest my values after the GU. Now, I'm really motivated to do so. Thanks, again.
    • Like x 2
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

Now that the base vendor is fixed and I can get Penetrating Strikes again, I've noticed something weird. While doing rotations on the 3 new LH sparring targets my results actually get reversed while using Penetrating Strikes instead of Core Strength.

RcW spam with full prec mods becomes my best rotation on the new LH sparring targets, but it remains my worst rotation on the normal LH sparring targets. I know PS affects the "new" LH sparring targets a bit differently than normal due to them being level 1 and having no defense. Is it possible that Penetrating Strikes is somehow the cause of our confusion in getting different results?
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

I was curious about that, as well, Karasawa. That seemed the most glaring difference in our setups. I was going to do timed runs on the regular three target grouping for comparison, too. I'd be interested in shiny's thoughts here.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Looking at shiny's relative DPS, the difference is very slight. It's likely that part of what we're seeing is just slight differences in crit percentage, since we're running maxed out. Wouldn't take very much to shift the balance one way or another.
  5. Swiftduck Loyal Player

For those that have done a lot of testing on this new AM update...would you say it is ready to be released next week?

The last thing we need is another broken power running around like quantum.
  6. shiny mackerel Committed Player

yep, this.
    PS vs CS shouldn't make a difference since they apply the same modifier to both rotations. The rotations are so close it should be very difficult to see which one is better in sparring target tests, especially with high stats and spec'd crits. If you see differences much greater than the slight variations you see when running the same rotation, you might be missing clips or something.

That's just the problem with sparring target tests in general. Unless you're sitting there for like an hour to get stable averages, it's tough to detect small differences between rotations or equipment mods when they get washed out so easily by rng. And then it's not feasible to simply take off gear or spec out of crits, since this changes your prec/might balance or messes with crit buffs. So for small percent differences, I have to go spreadsheet master and theorycraft it. But of course theorycrafting doesn't account for human error, bugs, and other unforeseen factors so sparring target tests are still extremely useful. Just be aware of how you're interpreting the results you see.
    • Like x 1
  7. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Powers
    Celestial
    • PC Test Only: Fixed a typo in the DPS sections of the abilities associated with Celestial Combos.
    Thank god they got those typos fixed. Now I can PvP with Celestial again.........oh wait.
    • Like x 6
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

DPS yes, PVP no. But look on the bright side. At least we got an update, and at least we arent like mental.

Even though we didnt get everything we wanted, I still consider it at least 1 win for celestial. Now its time to go cancel my PC sub.
    • Like x 2
  9. KillTheSilence New Player

Spord, are you listening? Celestial is still vulnerable on the charge up attacks. You said no vulnerability changes are going to be made and the powes are still vulnerable.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

He said no changes to the changes of GU 45. The vulnerability on charge up is, unfortunately, intended.
  11. KillTheSilence New Player

• Like x 12
  12. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I highly doubt it was Spord's decision to not change any of the vulnerabilities. Spord is generally the developer of the players and frequently listens well to the feedback of the players. I suspect Spord pled to make changes and was shot down by Drenz.
    • Like x 1
  13. KillTheSilence New Player

Are you guys seriously trying to shun users away from pvp? This is a STUPID change and we've all been vocal about it. Daybreak says the company listens to the community but that's obviously not true. Multiple people have given feedback on this change. Do not make this mistake.
    • Like x 6
  14. MysticRedStone New Player

about the CS vs PS chest mod in the higher tiers i imagine Core Strength would be superior seeing as it scales to your damage however Penetrating Strikes ignores a fixed amount of def/tough and because of that with more and more adds and bosses having more Defense the higher in tiers u go the less effective it would be no?
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

PS is superior in most cases. There's a case to be made that CS is a bit better for Quantum AM users but that's pretty much it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

Look at my thread in the Testing Feedback section about a current bug.
  17. Misashini New Player

I still wish the hit counter would go up high enough to use the relentless precision neck mod for Celestial. The might mod just does not make sense, and celestial combos never get enough hits for the counter to work.
  18. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

It would be nice but it's not too big a deal actually. The RP neck mod doesn't actually give you that much prec to make a difference. It's like what 191? Which is 19.1dps which would equate to your cWither hitting for like 40 more damage.
  19. Misashini New Player

it is 400 precision
  20. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

So 40 dps so your cWither hits for 80 more Damage. When it's hitting for 5k already do you really care that it should be hitting for 5080 damage?

Edit sorry, based on Shinys chart it's 4.8 bas total so it would adding about 163 damage to your total Retribution cWither so not even probably 2% max more damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.