GU40: Gadgets Advanced Mechanic

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Katnikov, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

Given the input on turret, couldn't turret just perform the same attacks it deals in controller in damage role? Or are the control effects an issue? It would help with the normal PI set ups. In damage role it just does burning. Could a buff to the aggressive level of the turret be considered to match robot sidekick's? If not, is there a specific reason why the pet powerset , not pet AM, can't?
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

One thing I did notice while duoing Nexus tonight is that it is possible to run out of power while Battle Awareness is up. I had a Rage tank holding aggro on the four Lexs in the first room while I dpsed. I had Battle Awareness up and was cycling Gause Grenade/Stasis Field/Sticky Bomb/Dart. It usually only took a minute or two before I completely ran out of power while BA was up. I'm not sure if Battle Awareness is supposed to sustain a person that long using a cast-only play style. I did notice in my power return research that sometimes you get less power than what you spent casting your power. I suppose that could lead to a power deficit over time.
    • Like x 1
  3. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Thanks spord for the clarification
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report:

This rotation is giving me inconsistent results:
    Battle Display->Gause Grenade->Stasis Field->Vortex Cannon->EMP->(Wait for EMP's Damage Number to appear)->Distract->EMP

EMP #1 always gives me the enhanced damage. EMP #2 alternates between giving me enhanced damage and regular damage.

I ran 10 tests and recorded the damage results from the two EMPs:
    1. 6765, 1000
    2. 11283, 10917
    3. 11282, 5908
    4. 5700, 11826
    5. 6199, 12152
    6. 10697, 1111
    7. 10854, 1855
    8. 12817, 6555
    9. 6244, 1182
    10. 10771, 11775
    Tests 1, 6, 7, and 9 gave me the regular EMP damage numbers.

Here is the combat log for test #9:
    1409226930: Mr Fixit's Gauss Grenade healed Mr Fixit for 596 Power
    1409226930: Aggressive Insect Gloves affected Mr Fixit
    1409226930: Mr Fixit's Gauss Grenade critically damaged Sparring Target for 1078
    1409226930: Enforcer's Collar of the Collective affected Mr Fixit
    1409226931: Mr Fixit's Stasis Field healed Mr Fixit for 655 Power
    1409226931: Aggressive Insect Gloves affected Mr Fixit
    1409226931: Mr Fixit's Stasis Field critically damaged Sparring Target for 1232
    1409226931: Enforcer's Collar of the Collective affected Mr Fixit
    1409226932: Mr Fixit's Stasis Field damaged Sparring Target for 203
    1409226932: Mr Fixit's Vortex Cannon damaged Sparring Target for 783
    1409226932: Mr Fixit's Vortex Cannon healed Mr Fixit for 653 Power
    1409226932: Aggressive Insect Gloves affected Mr Fixit
    1409226932: Enforcer's Collar of the Collective affected Mr Fixit
    1409226933: Mr Fixit's Stasis Field damaged Sparring Target for 262
    1409226933: Aggressive Insect Gloves affected Mr Fixit
    1409226934: Mr Fixit's Stasis Field critically damaged Sparring Target for 426
    1409226934: Mr Fixit's EMP Pulse damaged Sparring Target for 6244
    1409226934: Mr Fixit's EMP Pulse healed Mr Fixit for 676 Power
    1409226934: Mr Fixit's EMP Pulse renders Mr Fixit visible
    1409226935: Mr Fixit's Distract detaunted Sparring Target
    1409226935: Mr Fixit's Distract detaunted Sparring Target
    1409226935: Mr Fixit's Distract healed Mr Fixit for 477 Power
    1409226935: Aggressive Insect Gloves affected Mr Fixit
    1409226935: Mr Fixit's Stasis Field damaged Sparring Target for 216
    1409226936: Aggressive Insect Gloves affected Mr Fixit
    1409226936: Mr Fixit's Stasis Field critically damaged Sparring Target for 400
    1409226937: Mr Fixit's EMP Pulse damaged Sparring Target for 1182
    1409226937: Mr Fixit's EMP Pulse healed Mr Fixit for 707 Power

Just in case this is a lag issue, I included a couple of screenshots with perfmon max information:
    Test #1:
    [IMG]

Test #9:
    [IMG]

I'm not sure if this is an issue with me clipping the first EMP damage number too quickly or if it is a lag issue. I always wait until I saw the first EMP damage number to cast Distract. It seems to happen a little more consistently when I use Distract just as I see the first EMP damage number.

Insufficient Power Return
    Test #9's combat log gives a good example of how you can eventually run a power deficit. With my testing gear, Distract costs 540 power to use. I got 477 power back from using Distract. EMP costs 756 power to cast with my current gear. EMP #1 returned 676 power. EMP #2 returned 707 power.
  5. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Penryn, im not home to test but i think its your rotation.

3xpi then emp
    Then you do distract emp
    Is it possible you clip your first emp with distract. So it reset the second one
  6. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Even though you wait the hit to use distract
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I thought that might be the case here and I've been doing repeat tests to make sure it wasn't.

EMP does its damage just as it finishes its cooldown on the power bar. I ran a few more tests and was watching the power bar. I hit Distract right after EMP became available to cast again. I was getting alternating regular and enhanced hits doing that.
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Why not emp to distract?
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I've seen that one "bug" a couple of times too and do the regular damage. The rotation I posted is easier to replicate for bug testing purposes.
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Cuz its easier to time it wong and clip emp with distract on first combo
  11. DatWhizKid Active Player

I'm getting good results from doing:
    Battle Display->WM->Gauss Grenade->Cryo Foam->Fear Gas (JC)->EMP then I just repeat starting with WM.
    Battle Display->WM->Gauss Grenade->Cryo Foam->Vortex Cannon->P Dart then I just repeat starting with WM.
    I'm using Dual Wield to Explosive shot.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

@Spord

Is there a reason why Intimidation, Battle Drone, & Photon Blast can't be used from Stealth?
    Mental can access Menace which is nearly identical to Intimidation in Invisibility.
    Bastion can be placed in Invisibility. Battle Drone is a different type of supercharge but I'm curious as to why it isn't available in stealth.
    Terrorize can be placed in Invisibility and that's a 35% finisher like Photon.

I bring this up because you allowed Turret to be placed in Stealth. I'd actually prefer Intimidation to be thrown in there too. 6 slots and powers required for the AM & power return is limiting. It would definitely make much more use of a Stealth loadout for damage with the Stealth AM boost. Especially if Intimidation keeps you in stealth so I can go PDart to bring me out.

Being allowed to use Battle Drone in there would also open more options and rotations for Controller role.

I don't understand how 2 self buff might PROC abilities are in powersets that have a 2nd loadout through stealth/invisibility and only one can use that self buff. It just doesn't say balance to me. Could this be changed? Does Mental have additional powers useable in invisibility like Gadgets?
    • Like x 4
  13. Rumour Committed Player

Since everyone covered all the major issues for the Gadgets AM.
    Could we please get a cosmetic change for the turret? There has to be some old concept work, that can be reused. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

IIRC Terrorize can be used in invisibility indeed, but you get kicked out of stealth after the first hit and thus Terrorize is cancelled. So I don't see a reason for Photonblast in stealth :3
  15. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Even though both are finishers, photon isnt a quick two hit. Its a channel like fg which keeps us in animation until we are done.
  16. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I be happy if they give us wing armor
    • Like x 1
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Which would make PB better than Terrorize, wouldn't it?

Apart from that. Anyone realized getting kicked out of stealth on live? I used it now several times and I instantly leave stealth without being able to do anything... Wasn't on test for a while - is it okay there?
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Didn't know about it getting canceled. Im listing powers that are usable as examples. To be honest I don't really care if PB gets thrown in there. I gave more input on battle drone and intimidation because I think they'll operate better. PB doesn't seem popular to use atm.

For stealth, I'm pretty sure anything that shields you prevents the stealth from breaking. It isn't until you register a tick of damage that you're brought out of it. So the stealth mod should work. Problem may be lag with it or that max damage is a hand mod too so it comes down to choice.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

I was just standing in my base, then in gotham, metro, my league hall, watchtower. Hitting stealth did the animation and then I got instantly thrown out of stealth without doing anything. I was not grouped, had on buffs, haven't activated a skill or a weapon attack, I was just standing there and got kicked out.
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

That sucks. Not sure what it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.