GU40: Gadgets Advanced Mechanic

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Katnikov, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katnikov Executive Producer

Below are changes we have made to the Gadgets power set to have an advanced mechanic. There are two new abilities, one that moved to stealth only loadouts, and one was removed completely. Let us know how your testing goes.

Traps Tree
    • Battle Display
      • New ability replacing Thermite Mine's spot which is only available in stealth now
      • Heals you a small amount over 3 seconds
      • In DPS role will activate Battle Awareness. This is a power interaction that allows other abilities to refund power when used in DPS role.
    • Taser Pull
      • Hitting an enemy while in DPS role and while Battle Awareness is active will refund a portion of the power cost
    • Fear Gas
      • Hitting an enemy while in DPS role and while Battle Awareness is active will refund a portion of the power cost
      • Must be jump cancelled in order to be part of the power interaction setup
    • Gauss Grenade
    • Cryo-foam
    • Cryo-field
    • Paralytic Dart(name change for Sleep Dart)
      • Added extra damage to Dazed enemies power interaction
      • Is now an AoE hitting your target and nearby enemies
      • Enemies take heavy damage when it is used immediately after unstealthing, using distract, or applying three different power interactions from any of: Cryo-field, Cryo-foam, Fear Gas, Gauss Grenade, Napalm Grenade, Stasis Field, Sticky Bomb, Taser Pull, or Vortex Cannon
    Tricks Tree
    • Sticky Bomb
    • Distract
      • Restores a portion of the power cost if Battle Awareness is active while in DPS role
    • Vortex Cannon
      • The knockdown distance has been reduced in DPS Role
    • Napalm Grenade
    • Stasis Field
    • EMP Pulse
      • New ability replacing Energy Shield which is no longer available
      • Is a PBAoE with a 1 second delay at the beginning (like neural neutralizer)
      • Deals extra damage to Electrified enemies
      • Enemies take heavy damage when it is used immediately after unstealthing, using distract, or applying three different power interactions from any of: Cryo-field, Cryo-foam, Fear Gas, Gauss Grenade, Napalm Grenade, Stasis Field, Sticky Bomb, Taser Pull, or Vortex Cannon

-spord
    • Like x 11
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

ALL THE LOVE TO STEALTH <3
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting.
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The Regenerative Shielding mod still makes reference to the "Energy Shield" power.

Does Regenerative Shielding interact with any Gadgets powers now?
    • Like x 6
  5. Drakonicus New Player

Did you guys change the animation time for some powers ? It could be just me, but Sticky Bomb and Gauss seens faster, more fluid.
    • Like x 1
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

IIRC, after GU 36, some of the throwing animations looked odd, so they put in place holders. Maybe they finalized the animations?
    • Like x 1
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

I just came off test. I love it. Thank you so much devs, these changes are amazing.

The only thing that I would ask, is that you guys do something to intimidation. It seems to be the same weak buff as before. Some kind of percentage buff would be great. If not no big deal, just a suggestion. Thanks again! :)

P.S.

Will continue testing after raids. However my suggestion for intimidation is maybe a 7-10% group might buff. The reason the percentage is so low is due to where the power sits on the tricks tree. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Since Stealth is an important part of Gadget's Advanced Mechanic, can the Turret power be adjusted so it can be placed on the Stealth bar? If I'm using Turret on my Controller or Damage loadout bars, it always blows up when I go into Stealth. This is in contrast to Robot Sidekick. You can place Robot Sidekick on your Stealth bar and keep it out while switching forms.
    • Like x 13
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yes can the turret be adjusted so that it doesn't blow up when going into stealth? I frequently use stealth and I love using my Gadgets pet but I can't rely on casting it every time I come out of stealth. The turret is after all our trademark pet not the Robot Sidekick.
    • Like x 5
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't think this part of EMP Pulse is working correctly:
    [IMG]

If I go Fear Gas->Cryo-Foam->Gause Grenade->EMP Pulse, I get a 1k max tick from EMP Pulse. If I go Distract->EMP Pulse, I usually get a 4.5 to 5k tick. If I go Stealth->Out of Stealth->EMP Pulse, I see a 5k tick.

I see the same behavior with Paralytic Dart. The Distract and Stealth preconditions appear to work. Stacking 3 PIs doesn't seem to work.
    • Like x 3
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

Took me a little while to figure out how the Advanced Mechanic works. It's pretty similar to Fire's AM except with more power spam. Basically, you cast Battle Display and it will stay up and return power forever as long as you cast a power within 3 seconds. To get the extra damage from Paralytic Dart, it seems you need: (1) 3 separate PIs, (2) cast by 3 individual powers, and (3) you must use Paralytic Dart within 3-4 seconds of the first power cast. Paralytic Dart then does 3k-7k damage at 5000 might.

The timing is tight enough that I could only fit in a weapon's range tap in between each power cast while still getting the extra damage from PD. You can also use PD right after Distract or Stealth and get the extra damage that way, but Stealth has a tendency of bugging out and cancelling PD if you use it too soon. EMP Pulse works the same way as Paralytic Dart but it's short range and does 5k-11k damage at 5000 might.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Isn't there something about having to JC Fear Gas? That's assuming you aren't already doing that.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

What might be happening is that the timing window maybe too tight for the combination I'm trying. See Karasawa's post.

Bug Reports
    Like Karasawa, I've had EMP bug out of on me coming right out of Stealth. If I cast it too soon, it starts the animation and then stops.

Suggestion:
    Is Defibrillator always going to give a flat +62 Precision and +77 Might buff? That was helpful a couple of years ago, but not so much now. I figured Gadgets was going to get a percentage Might buff on one of its powers.
    • Like x 4
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

It's because you didn't inflict 3 different power interactions. You only have Frostbite and Electrified PIs with that rotation. If you did Gauss Grenade first it would work properly.

Edit - I noticed you can do CF to GG to FG and get the extra damage, but you can't do FG to GG to CF. That might be a bug.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

Fear Gas, if clipped, inflicts burning. Assuming he JC'd, that would be 3.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was trying some different orders of those powers and I was turning the Sparring Targets into Ice Cubes. The EMP crit didn't seem to be working for me on ice cubes. What powers were you using?

The wording on the description is a bit vague. I'll have to do more testing to get a good handle on it.
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that's it. FG only inflicts burning to already electrified targets. If you follow GG with FG, it should work.
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

Right now I'm using GG, CF, and FG with some mixed results as stated above. I've also received the extra damage with any combination of GG, CF, and Sticky Bomb. I actually haven't turned any Sparring Targets into ice cubes yet. I've been testing on the League Hall dummies.
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

Only if used on electrified targets.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Could you actually get 3 PIs with just 2 abilities? I'm not very well versed with Gadgets, but seems you could cast something like GG, then Cryo-foam, and get the 3 PIs, since the latter applies Frostbite de novo, as well as Burning to Electrified targets.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.