GU39 Preview: Prestige

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

So if im t6 but run a t3 raid i get no prestige? Wow way to make it worth it for end game players to go back and run lower content.
    • Like x 6
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

And i started doing the math on some of this and if its 305 for a raid but 75% less doing a t5 raid that means 50 players doing all 3 t5 raids every week only gets u 11,250 prestige, roughly. We dont have t6 raids yet and running anything lower then t4 means t6 players get nothing. And the weekly hard cap is 81,500? How in the world would a league of 50 players hit that # w/out resetting? I know there are other ways but again wow t6 players get 75% less for t5 raids when we dont even have t6 raids? Thats crazy
    • Like x 4
  3. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I am concerned that this is turning out to be a big F-U to solo players IF open-world missions aren't included because that is the mainstay of higher level soloists. Many soloists do not run the iconic solos, we didn't invest the time, money and style development to level our own character, only to be FORCED to play someone else's character in order to progress or receive rewards.

Further, I don't get what the whole 'final boss' has to do with anything in regards to solos- after all, we're getting points for generator power, base item placement, accessing our bases... all things non-combat related, surely they could give some Prestige for the completion of open-world missions; even if it were just 50 points. After all, WHO would this be hurting?!? NOBODY. Who would complain, NOBODY. Who would this help? A decent portion of the DCUO players along with helping DCUO to continue to sell Replay Badges to soloists who would continue to run the open-world missions specifically for Prestige points. It would be a win-win situation all around.
    • Like x 2
  4. 6000Degree New Player

Maybe the numbers are based upon average completion time, T6 duos for example are around 8 mins
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

I just think the diminishing returns need to be re-scaled. No way in hell T5 raids and Alerts should give 75% less prestige. Also It kinda makes all T6 players less valuable. T6 players doing T6 content will get less prestige than a T5 player running T5 content due to sheer number of instances
    • Like x 1
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Not really, when you compare marks. A tier 6 player per day is still as value or more valuable. To give you some perspective a tier 6 4-Man using the marks to donate would give you 690 Prestige per run (4830 per week). A single tier 5 4-Man would give you 256 Prestige per run (1793 per week). You have to run 3 tier 5 4-Man instances a day to exceed what 1 tier 6 4-Man instance gives you.

You can apply this Solo and Duo content as well. As for 8-Man content a single tier 5 instance would give you 512 Prestige which is still less than what a tier 6 player gets in a single 4-Man instance.

Clear bonuses are the same if each player respectively runs there own content. If you add those in than yes the tier 5 player can get more Prestige but they are also doing 3 times the work. A tier 6 player could also easily run older content earning Marks of Triumph and donate them for the same Prestige as a tier 5 player. As I understand it the diminishing returns only applies to instance clears. Any Prestige tied to marks is a flat rate shown earlier in this thread.

Also because Prestige has a weekly cap a league of tier 6 players will cap the league with just doing their regular tier 6 content and trading in excess Marks of Fury. If not tier 6 players can run older content for Marks of Triumph and trade those in just like a tier 5 player could do.

A very large chunk of Prestige earning comes from donations to the league going off of the rates. Instance clears are outclassed if your league is able to donate.

All of the tier 5 versus tier 6 comparison will be moot with the release of the next DLC as well.
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

I had considered the marks donations when I mentioned that this would create a drought at the beginning of a tier as moot because quite honestly I can't see anyone donating their highest tier marks at the beginning of a tier. Everyone is pushing to get the vendor gear early on, I don't think it's realistic to ask them to donate their marks as well.

At the end a tier, or even towards the tail end of a DLC (as is currently the case) perhaps but not at the beginning of a tier or even DLC.
    • Like x 2
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Depends. Keep in mind that alts can also contribute and that you will be able to still use Marks of Triumph and buy items for donation (as you will probably stock pile them all). Certain league members could in theory dedicate the earnings of their alt characters towards Prestige using drops to obtain the CR required to run. They could run with regular and more used league characters that will collectively earning Prestige.

Also if Amazon Fury Part 1 is going to be the template for the starting of new tiers you could easily get a full set of gear in half the time it takes to get to next DLC (just over a month) which from than on you can buy items to donate using those marks. Also around the time of that small group DLC you may not need the vendor items at all to run the content so you could coordinate with your league and buy the gear for the style as marks become more available later in the DLC.

If your league is PvP willing you could also coordinate 80 wins a week using all of your Marks of Valor and not worry about the current tier marks.

I did a minimal look at Prestige earnings earlier in the thread. I did it so that it would take the minimum amount of characters and runs. This did include donations but the required characters was less than an 8 person group. If you have enough characters to run 3 full non-overlapping 8-Man instances a week than per character only need to done 1/6 of the items that I quoted. If small group content begins a tier this should remain true.

It shouldn't be as bad you think it is. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. MetalMario Loyal Player

10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

The more I read this the worse it seems you should get prestige for running everything it seems like a bad system to me.
  11. Oguz New Player

How do I update my account ?
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Hi Zinbik,

I have been discussing this situation with my league for the whole weekend off and on through our voice chat and through our forums. We are all just loving the whole League Halls setup, but every time we bring up prestige earning, our voices change to either a little annoyed sounding or to fearful. Most of my league members are in their 30s with a few below and above. Most of us have full jobs and can't dedicate a lot of time to the game other than in the evenings before bed. We are a league that is much like a family and we have been through a lot. (OC almost killed our league, it still hasn't fully recovered.)

Our problem is that we have built ourselves up together to the high end content. We are successful in everything, though sometimes behind the curve. We can't see a strive for prestige, if the diminishing returns are so drastic as they are. The look at it feels like a job and we have that during the day. Coming to the game, it is meant to entertain us, not cause us to work. We have alts that we play for fun. We log them in if others need help. But when this comes around, we will be needing to have to play our alts to earn prestige. I am aware of why you guys are doing this, it's to prevent the larger leagues from steam rolling content just to earn prestige, but as it stands, that is what they will and can do with one high tiered player and 7 at level ones. It would be no different. Also, you have a hard and soft cap the league can earn, so there is already a throttle. The only ones that are getting hurt by this isn't the big leagues, nor the at level leagues, but the ones that are well developed and in the smallish category.

Please rethink this and remove it. Let us just cap the weekly hardcap and be able to go through content. It would help greatly for us smaller leagues. Where we wont feel punished for being well developed. Thank you.

-A Concerned League Leader
    • Like x 5
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

There's literally no point of diminishing returns considering there is a weekly hardcap....................... No point at all.
    • Like x 3
  14. Certainlogic New Player

Yep, I agree. I can't figure out how it helps smaller leagues at all.

Those LFG leagues are going to hit the weekly cap at least twice over.

My league hits 20-30 active on certain days. Usually 10-15 active daily.

Still haven't seen anyone respond to my post about how diminishing returns help small leagues. Small leagues will struggle to even get to the diminishing returns.

I hope the devs decide to lower their target league sizes and remove the diminishing returns.
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

Just so we are all clear. When I say diminishing returns I am speaking of the Tier prestige values. Not the weekly soft cap
  16. Tank New Player

So...
    How much prestige would I get from my pvp matches. How much if my league won an 8v8 match. Well at least there is a lock out on Pvp now!

LOL.... DISCUSS. DO IT.
  17. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I wonder why Zinbik has been silent regarding these questions? It would be nice to know, yay or nay, whether open-world solo missions will receive Prestige or if it is still under consideration.
    • Like x 1
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

He's probably on Vacation like Spord was.
  19. pauleta180 Well-Known Player

Regarding the diminished prestige on content ran. Is it based on your cr or is it based on the gear we are wearing. Sonetimes I like to run older content in older gear to still have that level of difficulty. If im a t6 person doing a t2 with t2gear on, do I still get 0 prestige or do I get 100% prestige?
  20. Tank New Player

So...
    No one else still thinks the Valor-> Prestige is a little off? Just a tad?
    Maybe it's just me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.