GU39 Preview: Prestige

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalMario Loyal Player

Do the iconic solos give the same prestige regardless of tier? This would be fair since their difficulty does not change based on gear level.
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

But they are tier access based. CR80 for the IAs and CR99 for the IVs. So they would be in the tier bracket.

Assumptions on my part, but I think the tiers are basically set by the level of entry, so to earn prestige, you would need to make sure you are not above that bracket.

T1 34-42
    T2 43-52
    T3 53-69
    T4 70-79
    T5 80-98
    T6 99+ (I don't know the exact bracket, but IL100 + mods as crafty stated IL90-100 is the T6 bracket.)
    • Like x 1
  3. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I was wondering and thinking the same things. I am curious if there will be any kind of overlap on the tiers prestige wise. Example You are running all t5 raids and you get a piece that you throw a mod in right away from A&B. It happens to be enough that your cr is now 100. Are you considered t6 because you meet the entrance cr...even though you have not run any of the content? Or are you still t5 getting full prestige until you start running t6 content. It would suck if your prestige drops because you hit the entrance cr for the next tier up even though you have not run any of that content.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Since you don't earn the prestige until you finish the last boss, I am going to go with you are in the new bracket upon achieving that level. So if you are running AnB and get a really good piece of gear off Lyssa Drak and have a mod ready for it, you are SOL come Sinestro/Hank beat down if you socket that piece.
    • Like x 2
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

You are probably correct..seems like a bad thing though since you have not run any of the next tier content yet....I also do not see a way around it either though.
  6. 6000Degree New Player

How much prestige we get for each SM round?
    You can't really finish it, and we are loot locked after each round, so for SM it makes sense to give prestige at each round as "boss loot".
    It will be a bigger league incentive to do it, and even to use replay.
    Maybe it could be scaled upon round number, like at round N you get 100*N prestige.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Maybe there is a flat rate of 100 for the lair itself?
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

So you're saying we won't get anything for open world content/bounties? o_O Why not?

So, if I have a cr 100 character and can't complete the T6 duos/alert yet, I won't get any prestige from playing in Gotham Under Siege, and my T5 missions will give me 75% less prestige. Great. I can already see that my lower alts are going to be spending a lot of time at cr 99, not modding their gear.

and I can already hear the complaints, "why are you wasting time on the T2 duos/CC bounties/fos? They're not earning us prestige."

edit: oh! and all of my league mates will know that I'm wasting time in fos since my location is listed. that makes it even better.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I would also like an answer to this... why only 'instances' contribute to Prestige but not solo 'missions'? They each have a 'boss' at the end, sure they're easy, but they should count for something. Originally I thought they said we would get Prestige for everything we did in the game... but I don't see open-world or even bounties listed. Once again this brings the hammer down on solo players, so even trying to create a league of solo players to combine our Prestige would be pointless if this is the case; most soloists replay the open-world missions- SoT, Gotham Under Siege, etc.
    • Like x 3
  10. Epic New Player

You are only showing 194 decorations? Can't you have more? Enough to make up the DEV swag difference?
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

An Amenity takes up a slot and since you can have 6: 200 - 6 = 194 Decorations which is what PlayStation players are maxxed at.

On that note though if Armories are counted as Amenities there is an additional 28.96 Prestige not counted for.

P.S. On a second look it looks like Generator Mods are missing from that list which I bet is the missing piece.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

I know this probably is a stupid question, but can you earn prestige while not in a league?
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If I remember correctly, PS is limited to 250 while the PC cap is 500.
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

PlayStation is limited to 200 but even the extra 300 decorations does not make up the difference (+60).
    • Like x 1
  15. willi3bx Committed Player

just wanna say thank you for trying to keep up with our consumption of content.
  16. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

No
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

For me it gives me the feeling that running duos is obsolete at least for prestige earning. It's barely above the Solo number. Any thoughts behind this why its not closer to the 100?
  18. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Perhaps tomorrow Zinbik can clarify exactly what they consider a solo "instance". I believe I have heard the devs before refer to open-world missions as "open world instances"- so perhaps these solo missions ARE included. They SHOULD BE, after all, we still have to utilize replay badges to reset them- and they cost the same amount as regular solo 'challenges'; so it seems to me that if we are able to use replay badges and receive Marks as rewards for open-world missions, then they should be considered an 'instance' that earns Prestige as well.
    • Like x 2
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

I would hope that the open world missions are included but I don't think that they are. The reason being that they keep linking the prestige to the beating on a boss, and not all open world missions have bosses.

I am a little concerned about the combination of one tier down being downgraded dramatically as well as solos external missions being excluded specifically because it would mean a drought of prestige at the introduction of a new tier which is specifically when a strong league with associated benefits is most necessary.
    • Like x 3
  20. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Actually, I do!
    And here is why: Lair battles!
    When my base is picked as the arena, I never lose. At least, I haven't yet. The base I use is deliberately a complete and total train wreck of clutter. This disperses AOE damage, messes with targeting, and and because I left myself a path through (that a newcomer to my base couldn't possibly know) to other areas of my base, I can hit hard, and fall back into more clutter. Hit hard, fall back. Hit hard, push forward to the respawned items, and repeat. Time and again, opponents will empty their power pools trying to get me with a solid hit. Once they are empty, its PUNISHMENT time!! LOL
    To sum it all up in a neat capsule: A cleverly cluttered base is an awesome strategy for PVP lair battles.
    EDIT: I only take league members into LB with me, who utilize the same tactics. We all know each other's Lair Battle bases, and they are ALL cluttered the same way. It took months of scrimmages to get the best layouts and patterns of attack/defense.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.