GU39 Preview: Prestige

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinbik Developer

Leagues are receiving a significant number of updates to improve their functionality and add collective advancement! There are so many new systems and features that we'd like to make sure everyone can start understanding how they all work and come together now, rather than waiting till they're on Test.

Prestige is a new, League-wide currency earned by League members through a wide variety of activities, including:
    • Defeating final bosses in level 30+ PvE instances
    • Completing PvP arenas/legends matches
    • Placing decorations and amenities in your personal base
    • Activating power cells
    • Purchasing Mainframe traits
    • Installing Generator Mods
    • Donating items to the League in your League Hall
    None of the above activities actually require that you do them with other League members. All Prestige gains are contributed individually.

For example, if four members of the same League get together and run through the same alert which is worth 206 Prestige, each member would individually earn 206 Prestige, meaning the League gets 824 total Prestige. The same result could be obtained if each of those same four League members completed the same alert across four different groups of people that aren't in their same League.

The Prestige earned from PvE instances is based on the number of people intended to complete it. For example, 8-man instances reward over three times as much Prestige as solo instances. We also dynamically reduce the Prestige rewards if you are completing an instance of a lower tier than what your gear allows.

Each of the base-related sources of Prestige (decorations, amenities, power cells, Mainframe, and Generator Mods) are earned upon entering your base for the first time each week (reset at the same time as weekly loot lockouts). The Prestige for decorations and amenities can be earned once for each of your bases within the same reset period.

For example, let's say you have two bases.
    1. You enter your first base on Monday and get Prestige for how many decorations & amenities you have placed in that base, your power cell level, the Mainframe traits you have, and the Generator Mods you have installed.
    2. You then enter your second base and get Prestige only for how many decorations & amenities you have placed in that base.
    3. On Tuesday, you enter both your first and second base again, but get no Prestige from either because the reset hasn't happened yet.
    4. On Thursday, you enter your second base once more after the reset early in the morning. This time you once again get Prestige for how many decorations & amenities you have placed in that base, your power cell level, the Mainframe traits you have, and the Generator Mods you have installed.
    5. You then enter your first base and get Prestige only for how many decorations & amenities you have placed in that base.
    Prestige can be spent on:
    Quick Additional Facts:
    • Everything that Prestige can be spent on (other than League Hall creation) must be purchased within a League Hall.
    • There is a weekly maximum for how much Prestige a League can earn (reset at the same time as weekly loot lockouts).
    • As the League approaches the weekly maximum, Prestige earnings suffer diminishing returns.
    • The weekly maximum is set such that in general, you must sacrifice the purchase of some Proficiencies if you want to spend your Prestige elsewhere. However, if you are hitting the maximum every week, you can maintain all 13 Proficiencies and still end up with a bit of Prestige to spend elsewhere.
    • There is a total maximum for how much Prestige a League can store.
    • Only League members with the "Can Spend Prestige" permission may spend Prestige.
    • Like x 22
  2. Lady Thren New Player

I love the fact that we earn Prestige individually. However, it would be nice if we could earn extra currency while running alerts and raids entirely with league members. :)
    • Like x 11
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

so if we already have say 400 base items placed and the mainframe completely unlocked and all amenities placed do we automatically get prestige the day this hits live? Or do we have to replace all that stuff?
    • Like x 1
  4. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

i like the fact we can earn prestige just by having things in our personal bases! i have 4 bases all with max items in them, sadly though i'm on ps4 and because of the ps3 the base limit is only 200 not like the pc where it's 500.
    • Like x 4
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont run without my league. Ever.

Ill be rolling in prestige. Im going to dive in our prestige Scrooge McDuck style.
    • Like x 3
  6. Spytle Executive Creative Director

You won't have to replace anything. It will calculate the prestige when you enter the base once this hits live.
    • Like x 20
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

Question, is this like an update that everyone has access to, similar to the dive lair when lairs were released ?
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

the title is GU39 preview, so id guess it is an update. meaning for everyone.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes. Game Update 39, League Halls, and these systems are available to everyone.
    • Like x 6
  10. Bast10n Committed Player

Question. PC players are able to place 400 base items while PS players are restricted to 200...

Will PS players receive the same amount of prestige for 200 items that PC players receive for 400?
    • Like x 3
  11. Drakonicus New Player

The rarity of the base itens have anything to do with how much prestige you earn ? Like Gold>Purple>Blue>Green ? Just curious.
    • Like x 2
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

I enter my base on Monday and it has a measly 10 things placed and I get my prestige for that.
    If on Tuesday I place my full 200 items and re-enter my base...will I get more prestige? Or, do I have to wait until reset?
    • Like x 1
  13. Radium Devoted Player

If not then my base is going to look like an immaculate mess in the near future.
    • Like x 2
  14. Zinbik Developer

Nope.

You'll have to wait until the reset. Preparation is well rewarded in this case.
    • Like x 5
  15. Drakonicus New Player

I understand you question, but why is that a issue ?
  16. Whisper Well-Known Player

This would be an issue if PC & PS shared the same server. Since they do not, I will enjoy my extra prestige points if we do get them. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

Can you clarify, and maybe I missed it, if prestige can be spent by an individual, or if it accumulates into a league wide pool, and can only be spent by select members of the league?
    • Like x 1
  18. villian O5 New Player

So we are getting a Warp to league halls right?
  19. ChaosInternational New Player

We can earn prestige through PvP yet not utilize the benefits that come with that same currency in PvP. Strange...
    • Like x 2
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Drakonicus said:
    “The rarity of the base itens have anything to do with how much prestige you earn ? Like Gold>Purple>Blue>Green ? Just curious.”

Nope.

Any chance this can be implemented at some point down the road? Even if it's quite a while down the road? I'm not clear what the benefit is of incentizing putting down 200 wire spool tables, putting up 100 Astronomy Club banners, and hanging 100 chains/tarbs, over putting out 100 acquariums and hanging 50 chandeliers. I realize there's no way to implement an algorithm for elegance in lair layout, but can't junk be distinguished from rarity in some tier fashion?

Not a must-have, I grant, and not to be ungrateful for Prestige and all this other wonderful League Hall stuff, which is awesome!

But aside from the aesthetic ugliness/crowding going strictly by numbers will cause, it's only logical that rare items should be more prestigious; that's how reality works. ;) (Nobody visits someone's house and says "what a bunch of crap! but it's really crowded, so awesomesauce!" Do they?)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.