GU39 Preview: League Halls

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Hmm, wrong thread mate. This is ideas for League Halls and such, not sure they'll pay much attention for it here.
  2. 6000Degree New Player

Nice edit, but i think about a few tweaks:
    • Level is not really worth knowing... even if < 30, there is a matching CR.
    • I would switch movement mode with current location, to know if free or not immediately.
  3. OGM_Madness New Player

Exactly! I spend way too much time in this game and I expect on being able to pretty much reach whatever cap there is every time. But, even if giving my 110% is not enough because my league is not 50 players strong, then $crew this update & this game.

I really want to be able to unlock all 13 proficiencies and maintain all 13 proficiencies. All I want to know is if this "system" is being balanced with 40-50 players being active 24/7 or with them just being active 10 hours a week, which would equal 400 to 500 man hours.

We won't know for sure until it is on Test and even then when it actually launches, but after seeing the Preview, I'm starting to sweat cold!

I have a fear that this system will force us smaller leagues to grab all the newbies we can find in order to pad our numbers and walk-in them through all the easy content, just so we can leech the prestige out of them. Is this intended?
  4. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Right! Grabbing random people off the streets who, guess what, aren't active again! Or worse just a pain in the ****. That just continues this crappy process.
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

It is balanced by them being active within the last 30 days. However if you really want to know the rates for your league take the Prestige rates posted in the Prestige thread and apply them to your league. Include unused marks as well.

If you have 8-10 daily active members you should soft cap weekly pretty easily in a couple of days with just natural playtime (dailies and weeklies at tier 6).
    • Like x 1
  6. OGM_Madness New Player

What rates are you talking about? From what I gather, it seems the numbers are not set in stone, but they plan on balancing the game towards 40-50 player leagues. Did they ever mentioned how active these 40-50 player leagues have to be? like play once a month or so? meaning a 10 once a week player-league could catch to 40 once a month league?
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Also the rates for clears, donating, etc. While they said they could change so could the details of most of these systems. At this point though it only takes 4 members running Amazon Fury Part 1 content each day to soft cap the league (or 16 PvP wins of 5 players a week).
  8. OGM_Madness New Player

I hope you are right, even though the info doesn't seem accurate as it looks low when you put it like that (meaning, a whole league run through a raid should put us ahead of that as raids are 8 player and they give more than alerts).
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Per instance yes but without resetting running an Alert and donating equivalent items using the marks will net more weekly than single 8-Man instance simply because it can be done more frequently in the week.

This is not uncommon BTW. If you look at the mark distribution running 7 4-Man instances is better than running 1 8-Man instance each week. However remember that Halls of Power Part 1 will have 3 8-Man instances. If you run those 3 a week you earn more Prestige and marks as a group then you would running 7 4-Man instances per week as a group.

If you take the clear rewards only it would look like this:

1 4-Man instance run 7 times in a week - 5740 Prestige
    3 8-Man instances run 1 time a week - 7344 Prestige

If the 4-Man instance takes 30 minutes you spend 3.5 hours to complete it and if each 8-Man instance takes an hour (this is usually not the case) you would spend 3 hours to complete them. You would spend less time running the 8-Man instances to earn more Prestige for each clear.

Adding in donations, etc. will inflate those numbers of course.
  10. ElectricHero New Player

Will there be any league styles for the future, such as like a gothic themed league hall or a cave themed league hall etc etc?
    • Like x 1
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

When you look at the numbers an league with 8-10 active players should be generating enough prestige to both acquire a hall as well as maintain 7-10 proficiencies. I suspect when they said they based the numbers off of a 40 person league that does not mean very active players.

As for unlocking all 13 proficiencies, my opinion for my league that if we can maintain the most critical proficiencies as well as have a little left over to add other hall feature ongoing, then I'll take that over an increase in league drama and politics.

Really it's not that different from the leagues that went crazy recruiting anyone they felt could help them to get through paradox when OC dropped, only to realize they had a bunch of new members that didn't fit their team/philosophy. Most of those leagues had to deal with a crap load of drama as the result.

I suspect the same will happen for leagues that feel they have to have all 13 proficiencies as soon as possible. My answer; you don't have to have any of them. For what it's worth I say don't do anything dramatically different and see what you can buy with what you have.
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

They mentioned a couple of times an under-water located hall as well as the potential for other locations. I would think that halls in other locations would have a location based theme but that's just a guess. I could see FOS, Construct, Cave and so on, being implemented down the road.
    • Like x 1
  13. Amethyst New Player

This is looking rather beautiful. :p
  14. AceMoney(22) New Player

After seeing the livestream, i really like the fact that you guys have not included all types of amenities to not make the watch tower and your bases obsilite.
    • Like x 1
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What we need is a base caught in the event horizon of a black hole. Super lag finally explained! :D
    • Like x 3
  16. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm sorry but even if you guys DO have the raw data for this kinda stuff. I STILL find it hard to accept that average leagues are 40-50 members.....
    • Like x 3
  17. rexstone89 New Player

Developers, as a league leader i track league mates' Combat rating and skill points; i also rank league mates according to their combat rating and skill points. Would it be possible to add Skill Point to the league management roster? It will make ranking league mates much better for ranking officers. Also, league mates can keep track of each others' Skill Points allowing league mates who want to help others with feats help those who need them the most.
    • Like x 2
  18. sillhouette Well-Known Player

19. ElectricHero New Player

I feel ya, My current league has around 100+ or so members with maybe about 15 or 20 active.
  20. Trinidad James Loyal Player

probably counting members alt toons that are also in league. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.