GU39 Preview: League Halls

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinbik Developer

Leagues are receiving a significant number of updates to improve their functionality and add collective advancement! There are so many new systems and features that we'd like to make sure everyone can start understanding how they all work and come together now, rather than waiting till they're on Test.

League Halls are at the heart of this game update. They serve as a meeting place, trophy room, shared canvas, and source of power all rolled into one. Many of the new League features require a League Hall to access. In fact, there is no way to spend Prestige without a League Hall short of the act of creating the League Hall.

League Halls are also a major location for content in DLC11, with instances taking place in your own League Hall! If no one in the group has a League Hall, you'll simply be taken to a randomly selected League Hall owned by another League.

Creation
    League Halls may be created at consoles located in each wing of the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. Doing so requires both the "Can Spend Prestige" and "League Hall Admin" permissions.

The first option the UI presents is Environment. While many Environments are planned for the future, the first available Environment to be released with GU39 is Lunar. Hence, all League Halls will initially be built on the Moon.

The second option is Terrain. This represents a choice of landscape to build your League Hall in and affects your view from the Observation Room. The current options are: Sea (i.e. Mare, for you Moon buffs out there) and Crater.

The final option is the specific location to select, given the previous selections. Each location has a Prestige cost for both the initial League Hall creation, as well as relocating the League Hall to that location.

Sea Locations:
    • Sea of Clouds
    • Sea of Crises
    • Sea of Islands
    • Sea of Serenity
    • Sea of Showers
    • Sea of Tranquility
    Crater Locations:
    • Copernicus Crater
    • Grimaldi Crater
    • Kepler Crater
    • Plato Crater
    • Stevinus Crater
    • Tycho Crater
    Access
    League Halls may be reached in one of two ways:
    • Teleporters located in each wing of the Watchtower and Hall of Doom
    • Teleporter Amenities within personal bases, assuming you have one of the Generator Mods that add League Halls as a destination
    Features
    The League Hall comes with many built-in features. Only Statuaries must be unlocked to use at all.
    • Statuaries - Statues of League members based on selected rankings
    • Power Core - Powers Proficiencies, bonuses that apply to the entire league
    • League Bank - Bank space shared by the entire League
    • Donation Box - Allows you to exchange items for Prestige
    • Mailbox
    • R&D Station
    • Sparring Targets (of which many are spread out as individuals, but there are also two groups of three together)
    • Awesome view of the Earth from the moon
    • Like x 62
  2. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

This sounds sweet.

WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME?:eek:
    • Like x 9
  3. Couzintony New Player

This sounds amazing...
    • Like x 3
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

This looks awesome, really looking forward to it
    • Like x 1
  5. Lady Thren New Player

I am really loving the sound of this. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Notangie New Player

Will leagues be able to grant access to allied leagues? In the case of leagues that have a branch for either faction, like an Oblivion Bar type hangout.
    • Like x 10
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Fantastic...can you put this on test before my legendary runs out PLEASE!!!!!!
  8. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Can't wait! sounds great so far.
  9. Meanstriker Level 30

This sounds awesome so far!
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

THERE'S the creativity I expect to see from the team.

I've read every post. I am impressed. It sounds absolutely incredible. Even the locations. Everything. Love it. Love you, devs <3

I have a request/suggestion. Would it be possible for you to merge the old, discontinued Renown currency with Prestige? Getting sick of seeing "Renown" in my currency tab.
    • Like x 6
  11. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

need to see a video first before I say anything
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

I like this one.
    • Like x 5
  13. Archangel Rafael New Player

14. Archangel Rafael New Player

15. MercPony Devoted Player

Sea of Serenity as a location? This brings out the Sailor Moon fan in me! :D
    • Like x 5
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Good work, sounds cool.

When I suggested a giant Greenman statue a few years back when the dev discussion thread was put on the old forums, I never actually thought you guys would take me seriously.
    • Like x 6
  17. EvilPrince3 Active Player

This sounds awesome but I do have one question..in it you said "IF" you have a league halls..but I thought it was stated that everyone gets one free..could be wrong and if so I apologize
  18. Azrael New Player

I odn't know if anyone can answer me this.... but is it possible for a League to have multiple League Halls?
  19. Anima Committed Player

+9001

Now let's see it on Test. :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Anhur Committed Player

This is shaping up to be absolutely fantastic, and long over due.

I cannot wait for previews and for it to be on test server!
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.