GU39 Preview: League Halls

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrometers Active Player

So I'm guessing fire is not getting its revamp this update
  2. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I'm a bit worried that the sheer size of the league halls is going to dwarf all of the current base items available - are we going to get bigger ones to fill up more space?
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I don't know if we need to. Things like the venom vats and stack of supply crates, team lockers, etc take up a considerable chunk of space. I actually got from a leaguemate the dirty tub and wanted to put it in my lair and I looked around and found that if I take out something in it, I have now a huge space to fill up.

What I am more worried about is the limit on items able to be placed. Come next spring, I plan to get tons of grass and have an agricultural wing, but I feel that 700 will be too limiting. lol

Though I would love to know if they ever will add "scale" to base items. There are some things I wish to make smaller for lairs.
    • Like x 2
  4. Blight KOBRA Commander

Have any of the programming tools you've used been used in the development of Weapon Mastery? If so when might we be able to choose our own weapon styles for executing combo attacks?
  5. Zinbik Developer

Not to my knowledge.
    The League Hall's interior is the same no matter what location on the moon you select. The only difference is the view out the windows based on which Terrain you select.
    Not in GU39.

The future on that subject is still in flux. At the very least, some decorations may be primarily intended for League Halls due to their size, which would be explained in their description.
    Yep.
    Maybe later. Not in GU39.
    If you're just hanging out there under normal circumstances, you can assume that you're safe. We actually discussed stuff like that happening early on, but decided against it... at least for now.
    Perhaps at some point.
    The base will always be there, whether you unlock it or not. It just won't have statues on top of it.

In short, yes.
    • Like x 8
  6. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

So once you donate an item to the league, does the league admin have to physically collect the base item, or is it added to the pool of decorations automatically?
    • Like x 1
  7. The Johnny army New Player

I just caught this now, sorry to dig it up, but does this mean we will be able to Zap (that's what I'm using for Dematerialization, by the way :p ) BEFORE having a league Base? Because, from the livestream, it seemed we would only be able to do that from inside the league base.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zinbik Developer

It's something we were considering, but probably won't actually do. Hence, in the context of creating your League Hall, that part of my response is now somewhat misleading.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Johnny army New Player

Ah, thanks for the reply. It just caught my eye because, from what you guys were saying yesterday, you want players to actually put in the effort to set up league bases. Looking at all the threads about players being at their Mark cap, on several toons, that Scion of Ion vendor would flip the table...
  10. Quantum Adum New Player

In the league hall will there also be a power and skill reset terminal? because it seam u guys will have the tarket room!!!
  11. comrade sonya Committed Player

It would be really nice if there was some way to incorporate all the base items everyone already has collected on their characters. The halls are so big and having to farm items all over again to fill them up is going to take awhile. I think we should be able to access whichever items aren't put down in our respective lairs for the halls. If that person leaves the league the items would return back to their inventory so there wouldn't be any stealing issues.

Otherwise the broker is going to return to that state of every base item being insanely overpriced like it was when lairs first came out.
    • Like x 3
  12. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Are there any plans to let us somehow custumize the interior of our league halls like the deco, ancient, penthouse themes for individual lairs in the future?
    • Like x 3
  13. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

I love the size! Style's a bit bland but a few base items will spruce it all up. The only problems I have with the L.H itself is ironically the size and space. When it comes to size, I personally don't see where a nice couch will fit and not stand out. Same with medical stuff. I'm 100% sure people will use Security room cells as rooms but come on. I heard Zinbik say he even said Dorms and such and sense they're adding a ton of stuff in the future, this won't be bothering me on my mind when that day comes. For Space I mean those extra badass rooms we can't go into. It's our base ._. Is there any chance those will be opening up in the future or will they stay purely for looks?
    • Like x 2
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Have u guys considered adding a respec station to the room with all the sparring targets? Testing new specs and loadouts on the dummies usually requires a respec and makes sense the respec station would be in that room. Please consider this.
    • Like x 2
  15. The dark knight New Player

The log as I saw it in the GU39 preview video doesn't seem optimal.
    It's a good thing that it shows who donated something to the bank and who took things from the bank.
    However, there might be high fluctuation of giving and taking.
    A league leader might see one member taking a lot of items from the bank and get suspicious about that member's worth to the league. That member might have donated items #101-120, which won't be in the log anymore as it only displays the last 100.
    I suggest adding the possibility to click on a name on the log and then the member's prestige stats (as displayed in the detail view of the roster tab) would be shown, as well as their last 20 donations to the bank and last 20 withdrawals from the bank.
    That might prevent league leaders from prematurely demoting or kicking a member out of the league just because of a momentary take-phase.

The Roster:
    In my opinion this is unfunctional as it is. There are two major purposes to a roster: 1) Finding out which league members are active/inactive and 2) Forming raids.
    Especially considering #2, this arrangement is very unfunctional. If you are planning a raid in your league, you will want to know the player's CR, their role, their powerset (due to overwrite mechanisms of same powerset + same role), and (depending on difficulty of the instance) their SP. Therefore all this information should be on the same page, because it's actually related to the question what players are a match for playing a certain instance.
    All the other stuff should be listed on a second page. Also for the second page, I'd like to encourage you devs to implement a feature that I consider absolutely useful and have been wanting for a long time: A status field, in which a player can enter any kind of status he wants (up to a certain number of characters, of course).
    Designwise, I want to recommend conditional formating, just so the reader can be sure which line he is in.
    All in all, it would look like this:
    Page 1
    [IMG]
    Page 2
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. ghostwalkerjack New Player

League Hall Prisoners.
    in the security wing of the league halls there are empty rooms,
    is there any chance of you adding a new drop to bounties.
    it would be really fun if killing certain bounties had a small chance to drop
    an item that we could place inside the cells to add a prisoner.
    such as joker goons, league of assassin members, penguin bots, brainiac bounders,
    or even some really rare high level enemies like joker, bane, or riddler themselves.

i like collecting things and collecting some of my favourite villains would be hilarious :)
    • Like x 3
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

Even if stuff like this down the road was a prestige based purchase. As we get further along and unlock all of the vaults, and all of the statues etc., the idea of using prestige to unlock non-functional ambiance type features like this might be a nice addition.
    • Like x 1
  18. OGM_Madness New Player

I know I'm late on this, but I just finished watching the replay of the GU39 Preview.

First of all... a 40-50 player league IS a huge number. You guys even say that PC has a bigger league size than PS, yet PC has other perks like more base items and such.

Would it hurt to balance the PC numbers to 40-50 but balance the PS numbers to 20-30?

My league is moderate with MAYBE 10-12 players, but we all have alts. I'm okay with the idea of working twice as hard to get all proficiencies and what not, but if working twice/three times as hard and still it not being enough, then that's a game-breaker for me.

We have been able to accomplish so much with our (now presumably) small numbers and the day that my 100+ weekly hours are not enough, then I'm out.

ALSO: Could we sort the Roster by PSN ID? This would be great for players with multiple adds.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Agreed. We have up to 18 fully active members and 12 call-in members. We can do as much work as a League with 24 people but 40...that's pushing it a bit far for us.
    • Like x 1
  20. masterfreeze66 New Player

Soe please add as payment method for the dlcs the paysafe card as a lot of people use it.
    Note that on psg you were able to buy dlcs with paysafe card and it was a HUGE help to those who don't have a credit cardn
    I am sure that if you add it you will see that a lot of people will use itn
    Anyone who uses paysafe card please send an email to soe or discuss it here so that soe can notice it and consider add it as a payment method for dlcs and not only for station cashn
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.