GU39: Fire Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jul 2, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

All of Fire's AM powers are cast time powers. There's no room for WM. It's just spam free powers.
    I'm prec/might, but can change my mods over and see the difference.
    • Like x 2
  2. Larry New Player

The funny thing about this from someone that has played fire for the last six months. Some of the thing they want done with fire is crazy. When playing fire on a DPS or even a Tank. My main on the Live PS Server is great as fire. There is some changes that needs to be done but nothing like what everyone in this forum is talking about. One we do not need a shield we are not ice. Now on the test server when playing fire I did notice they have changed things and those changes are great from what I have seen. So why are you trying to destroy a good power if you know how to use it. They have fixed the immunities that is broken in live.

The only thing I would like to see is the self heals to be upped just a little more. But as far as damage goes Mass Det does not do that much damages and takes to long to cast so when in dps role this takes way from faster powers for more damage then you can get with mass det or even fire burst.

So lets try to get fire fixed instead of trying to make it even worst then it was already. That is the main goal of this forum to fix the power all around DPS and Tank. But all I am seeing is people wanting this and that done which is telling me they for one do not know how to use the power or two only using the power on test and trying to put in there two cents on a power they know nothing about.

With that being said I will get on my box now.
    • Like x 3
  3. Drakonicus New Player

First, player dont "guide" developers, no matter who they are. Second the reason this mechanic is inapppropriated for tank, is because you are not supposed to use it for tanking. Its a dps mechanic.
    • Like x 5
  4. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

thx for that bit guys.
    • Like x 1
  5. SuperiorMouse New Player

well, they do, or should really. this is *our* product and we pay for it. and our guidance and feedback should strongly dictate the direction of the game. many of the past problems with the game could have been avoided if there was more adherence to feedback and less of a mandate for the devss to give us what they want to give us, regardless of our wishes.

my main feedback at this point is that there are still iconic abilities a fire powerset should have that remain absent. tanking with fire is untouched completely but most players would agree fire tanking is not balanced when compared to any other tanking set. tanking shouldn't have been ignored.

either Enflame or Immolate (they're basically the same thing) should be turned into a personal shield.
    • the player turns into a being of pure flame ala Justice League's Fire. the power would be usable while controlled and countered.
    • free you of control effects.
    • it would operate similar to reflect but instead of reflect damage, it would ignore 3 hits (as if the hits passed through the player/flames) of damage
    • OR ignore an amount of damage relative to the player's dominance+restoration while active (the tanking objective would be to keep your flame form up as your means of damage avoidance).
    • Like x 9
  6. Drakonicus New Player

I dont want to derrail this, but this is not "our productuct",its a service we pay for. The same way music are not our product. Movies are not our product, tv series are not our product Cable is not our product. Is impossible for feedback to guide the game, because what its is important, and what it should be done, is diferent for each player.

I think we should focus on testing what it is here. Either the devs are going to make more changes, or they are not, and changing the focus from what is here, from what we think its should be here, its not going to help.
    • Like x 3
  7. blklightning New Player

my first demo was with 4425 might. I swapped out all my mods and went straight Might for red, and mixed/might for all others.

Here's the same rotation, but with 4775 might:

Can't wait to show this on the 8 sparring targets.
    • Like x 8
  8. Newsflash New Player

Forget it buddy, there's simply no update. All they have done is jimmied a new Power Interaction which apparently gives you Power In, not that I've seen any... probably because it is "balanced" to scale with Vita which ofc no tank is really going to have much of to make it worthwhile.

2 second cast times = power spammers. So more strain on the controllers then, nice I'm sure they will approve of that. The sad thing is if they were using Weapon Mastery they would probably get more Power In through weapon recovery than from this sorry new PI.
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

those are all products designed and geared towards their audiences. they're manufactured specifically to be consumed by their respective audiences and pander to the desires of that consuming public. they are "our product" just like this is.

if a company wants to be successful they give their consumer what they want.
    • Like x 1
  10. blklightning New Player

Really, please stop the banter and get back to testing and feedback. Philosophical conversations about game design and consumer feedback should really be held elsewhere.
    • Like x 9
  11. Newsflash New Player

If you want to use Weapon Mastery (1-2 seconds) plus say Mass Detonation (2 seconds) your DPS is going to suck. If you need to repeat that 3x to layer Volatility I don't think there shouldn't be anything left to kill after 8+ seconds; not unless the other DPS in your group are poor players.

Besides I thought the recent GU animation pass was meant to reduce channelled abilities cast times to a maximum of 1 second?

Spord?
  12. Drakonicus New Player

Yes, but which consumer ? Some people love raids. Others hate then. Which one is right ? On a game like this, there is no majority, and there must be one direction. I rather that direction to be of the people in charge of the game, instead of player A or B.
    We can give feedback yes, and we should. But this is a not a democracy.
    • Like x 2
  13. blklightning New Player

Running TD last night w/ 2x Fire DPS, both using the AM, shows this ^^^ not to be the case. The damage was not so high that the initial stacking was rendered useless. This may change, now that those DPS have run it and will probably rework their loadouts. Not sure.
  14. Naija born Well-Known Player

i realy have no idea why people are complaining about this new mechanic, when it has been on test for just a few hours, i will admit after i tried it for a few mins i was like "what is this?" this won't definitely compare to wm. but then i realized that there is actually no other power's AM that compares to wm.
    and after parcticing some more and going full might build, i am definately seeing the potential of this AM for the dps side of fire and am ready to give it a good try. but as for the tanking side, there where no changes made so am guessing the devs believe the tanking side of fire is fine
    • Like x 3
  15. Drakonicus New Player

The fact you can move using MD and FB is good, but i am not sure about the speed. Are we supposed to move out of something, like a AOE, or keep moving all the time ?
  16. blklightning New Player

It keeps you from being rooted like when using Celestial. Of course, you'll still need to roll out of things, but basic mobility isn't hindered. For me, it does move my power casts to my Razer Naga mouse buttons rather than my 1-6 keys.
  17. blklightning New Player

My bad... I misread your post. You were mentioning using WM in between Volatility stacks. You are correct, it would be useless... everything would be dead.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Those are pretty big hits. I will agree, they are a big update to a damage potential, but the work up is not comparable to DoT stacking, Precision Combos, or Fast Cast WM. I can get 10k hits from HB's explosive shot mastery by using my precision buff reinforce in way less time than it took to get the stacked volatility. My issue isn't the damage that can be dealt, but the amount of time it takes to get to the big hit. Fireburst and Mass Det were always big hitting powers, which is why they had cast times to begin with, but people were just using them to prime enduring damage mod. Fast cast always trumped big hits, because you can do more damage for the same amount of time. (At the expense of power, that is.)

I love this mechanic that they introduced, now that you have shown how to get it to work. It's a great idea, but still goes back to my original concern in my initial post. Time vs Damage. Sure, now I can move around, but the build up is a lot of prep work. More so than Nature and Electric's DoTs.
    • Like x 7
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

i've been playing since closed beta, and am familiar with the powerset.

expressing dissatisfaction in the design direction of the powerset is just as relevant feedback as giving numbers. they're equally relevant. you test for technical issues. i test for design related issues. does it work? maybe, but who cares if no one wants to play with it because it doesn't provide an immersive experience that allows a player to play in a playstyle that resembles superheroes with fire related abilities. i stopped playing fire because it doesn't play like a fire related dc superhero. just like criticising Earth for having pets is fair feedback -- what DC superhero has pets? none. it's not immersive or true to the genre OR IP.

players should be speaking about about their dissatisfaction on these issues, as well as technical issues, or it'll never change. and telling others to be quiet when they address issues that are not of relevance to you personally is not constructive. if it's not important to you, simply ignore it, don't argue. focus on providing your own feedback.
  20. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

This has been one of fireĀ“s all time problems, and still is. Setup times are just too long. Why should i bother to get 1 crit of 10k if previously i require 3 flame cascades that on the long run drop my dps dramatically. Pays more just do 1 short WM combo into burst.
    Is a no brainer.
    • Like x 5