GU39: Fire Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jul 2, 2014.

1. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

This is after taking a buldozer for increase dom.
    • Like x 2
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

This is maxing out all crit heals
    • Like x 1
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

That's about 33% of max HP. That's very nice.
    • Like x 2
  4. kajutsu New Player

As french, i'm in the mood for slogans :

To get what we like, we have to be on strike!!!!
    Give pills to fire, or you would be fired!!!!
    An update, up to date!!!!
  5. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Thus far, maxing out crit heals seems to give the best results. The only thing is, you're not gonna crit every time.

And out of all my test, absorb heat is the only power that doesn't crit at all.

People say stoke flames changes is a good start. I think it's a great update. Majority of things that will hit you in this game only hits for about 4-7k. By learning tells from the enemy or boss fights, you can easily use stoke flames, plus any other healing burst like back draft, burn out or burning det.

I think other powers needs temporary touching or tweaking is burning determination, maybe adding additional 4 ticks of heals within the same time frame similar to Stoke flames, and wildfire should instead of giving you one burst heal for little heals, each add you place on fire, maybe provide a HoT. It doesn't have to be big numbers. Just something over time. The more adds on fire, the more heals over time you receive from each individual. These would be decent temporary fixes until fire gets its own tank update in the future.

You got to remember, fire has a health buff which is nice.
    • Like x 4
  6. The dark knight New Player

Before WM, Fire was High risk, no reward.
    On live, due to WM combos, fire is Above-Average Risk, medium reward.
    On the test server, using the AM, fire is high risk, medium reward.

In my opinion, high risk should be rewarded with high reward. The powers currently suitable for an AM loadout are all vulnerable to interrupt, being able to move around while casting does nearly nothing to reduce the risk. It only reduces the risk when fighting against NPCs that cast AoEs. Other than that, you're vulnerable as ever.

So I am not saying that the AM damage is bad, but it's still way too low for the risk you have to take using AM and especially too low in comparison to Sorcery's AM. As of now, fire players have no incentive to switch from WM to AM.

So either the powers for AM (or at least one of them) should become non-vulnerable to interrupt, or the damage they do has to be increased. Heavily increased.

Thanks for considering this.
    • Like x 6
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

TrueOlympus said:
    “Greetings all. I wish to say A few things. I will also request for this post to be posted into the testing feedback thread.

The change to Spont. Com. is for the most part brilliant. It solves a very evident problem that Fire has had almost since conception. Most don't realize it but there is a HUGE damage output difference between a power like Detonate and a power like transmute(sorcery). Fire DPS have essentially been forced to use detonate because it was truly our only good option. Huge difference between meteor and transmute as well.

But it does create a slight problem. Meteor has been made completely redundant do to the changes to wildfire and Spont. Com. Not sure if anything can be done but its an issue worth noting.

I also would like to point out that overheat. is still on the wrong side of the tree. It is on the tank half. If you take a look at the ignition tree for example there is a clear distinction that one half is suppose to be tank and the other DPS. can we please have over heat moved to the other side in the immolation tree?

Inferno needs to grant immolation to the caster still. If inferno can't get the caster application, than can overheat react with burning rather than immolation PI? There is no synergy as of now. A range power(overheat) is unable to to get its PI through the use of another range power. Also,Its range needs increased as well. Often my inferno doesn't even reach the same distance as my weapons.I have half a mind to consider it a bug that it's range is so short. Its definitely not max range(25 in-game meters)

The damage range on Mass Det. is still far to inconsistent. can it be tightened?

So in short:
    • Meteor is redundant, maybe it should grant immolation to the caster?
    • Over heat is on wrong side of immolation tree
    • Inferno should grant immolation to the caster
    • Or Overheat can simply react with burning PI
    • Tighten damage on Mass Det.
    For tanking:
    Can we please get a stop gap buff to last us until we can get our own official revamp? Maybe a buff to health and healing in”
    • Like x 11
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Updated post from Alexonic
    • Like x 6
  9. Local238 New Player

Is the new advanced power mechanic intended to use so much power or is thermal absorption bugged? Trollers are having a very hard time keeping me powered. I was forced to go back to weapon mastery loadout.
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

If you're trollers having problems keeping you powered, you're not using the TA properly. You suppose to be using more power then most folks.
    • Like x 3
  11. blklightning New Player

I'd really love to see video of you in action. It's the easiest way for me to help figure out if there's a problem or not. If no video... I'll settle for the loadout you're using and rotation. If you don't keep your blue flames up at all times, then your troller will have a hard time powering you. Keeping all targets burning, and keeping Thermal Absorption active is key. TA requires a "power return" every 6 seconds (or sooner), in order to not expire.
  12. Local238 New Player

fireburst, mass det, inferno, fiery weapon, overheat, robot sidekick. I put up my dots/PI, hit firebirst, max out volatility and hit mass det three times before I have to renew all dots/PIs. The damage is great Im hitting for over 16k with mass det, I just don't have the power to keep it going tho.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Why Overheat? Do you mean Absorb Heat? If not, you should be using it. Absorb Heat sets up Thermal Absorption, which is the power return mechanic.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rez Shado New Player

I'm a relatively new fire tank, been playing for 4 months. While most have great ideas here and there, I have noticed, in my own play time a few things that could help out fire. 1. The self heals fire is known for don't heal as much as most people think, so a lot of hire tanks don't get the heals they need from this preconception. Maybe increase the either the time healed or the amount healed. 2. With only the one in power pull, harder to work effectively when needed without having to give in to using other powers. Maybe make back Draft pull radius greater. They may not be good ideas or have been said and shot down. These are just my thoughts from being a fire powered tank only and as soon as I was allowed to be.
    Thanks.
  15. L T Devoted Player

I made a fire char months ago, go to level 30, and left him alone. With the latest update I dusted him off and started playing. Only 37 skill points on this toon, so I can't even use weapon mastery.

The AM took a while to get the hang of. I couldn't figure it out at first-- but once I did it was *FUN*. Way more fun that WM is. Yes, it takes work to set up and attention to keep going, but I found myself loving the challenge and having a blast.

When tanking gets a revamp, I would suggest you follow the pattern that you used for DPS.

*DONT* just add a shield, and *DONT* just buff the self-heals. Instead, add in something like volatility for self-heals so that as things around you get hotter your heals get much more effective. And add a power-return mechanism that tanks can set-up and struggle to keep going. If you make fire tanking more about keeping things around you on fire and stacking effects you can make fire tanking as effective as the other power sets while keeping it challenging and fun.
    • Like x 2
  16. SNOMAN New Player

Anyone agree with me in saying that fire tanking needs a serious buff?
  17. SNOMAN New Player

Yeah I agree completely. Earth used to be kinda the same way before they buffed earth tanking. It's time for fire tanking to get a revamp/buff. Maybe throw in a single target pull and make the self heals more powerful. And the healing supercharge for fire is kinda weak too.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ñatsu Dragneel New Player

Hey guys i dont know if Fire Test is still active and if changes can be applied. But Please devs if you read this reply its very important thing. Since Fire is on Life i started testing WM and AM the results favour WM but WM is still worse then other powers. What i found that is lacking on WM and AM

The Problem:actually the Burning since when u get new targets that jump in or that were too far away for ur skill to the start u dont deal dmg to them and need to aply the burning again wich will delay your Spont Comb. and your dmg will go down by actually quite a lot ( consider this over 20 mins or longer and how many times its gonna happen.

The Solution in my opinion: give burning the ability to jump to other targets if they are near a target that has burning. ( the same way spont comb used to be) its logical since if u play with fire ( go near it ) u burn urself and burn aswell :p and on top it would be a lot better to dps that way, since u wont need to cast Meteor / wildire every single time an opponent enters to the fight

i know inferno can burn anyone who is inside it but the range is not big and many times the tank ends up tanking somewhere else, since no burstdmg and cant be spammed is quite a bad choice for us to use it.

Please if any dev is online and changes may still take effect please consider this.
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Fire fire applications, its really an easy fix. Melee, you have enflame. For range, you have wildire.
  20. Ñatsu Dragneel New Player

The Problem is wildfire Burns only a group of targets near you. if new targets jump in they dont burn, this leaves ur dmg very Open other powers dont need anything on enemys at all ( ice need chilleffect on himself / electricity can do everything with 1 skill) the idea is to let burning jump over to other targets if they jump into fight. Like in t6 Themescyra Devided the Phoenix with the Hatchlings or the one that respawns Lions ( 2 ) all the time. So ur not obligated to loose 4-6k dmg everytime cause u need to recast a Burning skill.