GU39: Fire Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jul 2, 2014.

1. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

This seems like as good time as any to bring up something about speccing for Fire that's been on my mind since it hit Test...

For anyone going the AM route with Fire, shouldn't we be speccing into Vit in all of our yellow spots now instead of power or resto? (I'm talking armor/generator mods, plus the skill trees and even WM bonuses if we've got SP to spare) If we're going to really take advantage of Thermal Absorption, shouldn't vit be more beneficial to a Fire dps using AM than the other options?
    • Like x 1
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Nope. With the new addition of TA, it's not effected by Vit.
    • Like x 1
  3. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Has this been tested? Or mentioned specifically in the notes for Fire's TA? If so, great: saves me time so I can test other stuff instead. ;)

I only brought it up is because my power return from solos & troll-less duos is affected by my vit, I assumed it would translate to TA as well.
    • Like x 2
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I for one didn't test it. TA is only a small portion of the new update. I'm not really too concern with it. You can still test it if you want.
  5. Ñatsu Dragneel New Player

why did you say its not effectedby vit if u didnt test it xD ?
    • Like x 2
  6. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Because it's reflected by the gear. But As a DPS, why would you invest in Vit?

You also got to consider, by the return amount of cascade, fire burst and mass det, which I check, is based off your tier gear.

However, I did check your logs on your dps when you was testing on the sparring targets Natsu.
    • Like x 1
  7. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

OK, my interest has been even more piqued so I tested it. :) My original (Build 1 gear) had vit in the generator mods, might/vit in the yellow armor mod slots, plus spare SP spent into vit in the skill trees instead of resto or power. Build 2 replaced the vit generator mods with resto mods, might/vit with might/power, and removed all vit bonuses from the skill trees. The gear itself is all cr94 from the vendor.

Test: Wildfire + Absorb Heat + 10x Flaming Cascade

Build 1: Vit = 1,424
    Build 2: Vit = 1,186 (83% of Build 1)

Power Received: Build 1 / Build 2:
    AH: 515 / 430
    FC01: 615 / 524
    FC02: 584 / 524
    FC03: 604 / 558
    FC04: 579 / 542
    FC05: 609 / 567
    FC06: 594 / 525
    FC07: 577 / 533
    FC08: 609 / 559
    FC09: 594 / 518
    FC10: 594 / 561

Total: 6,474 / 5,841 (633 less, or 90%, of Build 1)

Not a single tick of power received from the build with lower vit was as high as the lowest tick with the higher vit.

Conclusion: Vitalization has a direct effect on Thermal Absorption. I may not be a 1:1 effect, but it's close.
    • Like x 10
  8. BumblingB I got better.

There is risk, that is the cast time bar. Interrupting was the basis behind rage. It was a high risk high reward because you could counter it's heavy hitting powers.

As for comparing, that is necessary to show the difference. People flock to the easy rewarding powers. Example is the talk between the 4 different tanks in this thread and how fire doesn't hold up to the other 3 now. This update is the AM part of Fire. It should be compared to other AMs, especially since it yields a very fluctuating rewards for the effort. It's pretty. It's mobile. But what makes people want to go to it? After the last few updates, people went to the powers, because they did a great job on the AM, to the extent that there was actual anger that they couldn't use it with WM. It was that good. I'm not seeing that with Fire. That is the problem.
  9. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Right now I think everyone is still waiting on the devs to respond to the suggestions towards AM. Hopefully, we get some additional information.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

You make it really hard to quote you, you know that right? :p

Rage, I counter with Plasma Retch and Dreadful Blast.

Sorry about lacking in a good example of comparison, been having some medical issues, haven't slept a whole lot.

As for the 1:1, you can't do a power to power comparison. You have to look at the outcome, since each of the AMs are different in how they do it, but they are all supposed to be close to equal in the end. Our measuring stick is WM potential and as of right now, that dipstick is barely surpassing the WM. In comparison to Nature, I could out DPS one using these cast mechanics, because my damage would start off the bat and I build on it, while Fire you have to do setup and then big finish.

Of course in potential damage if no other person to compare to, it has some promising results, but in a competition (yep, I said it, not a competitor, but just playing the role right now in this conversation) the other powers do it more efficiently and have more static results.
  11. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

LOlz on the quoting part.

Yes, I do actually know where you going at it.

I've actually been raiding non stop in the new test raids and SM with the same DPS over and over so my overall results is very consistent. I also compare it to what I'm doing with full WM build. I see where the strong point is and where it's weak. I've tried different routes to compensate for what we lack in.

Competing wise, it's still up there. It's not over the top like other powers but its up there. The biggest thing about Fire DPS with AM, it's not given to you. You have to actually work for it.
  12. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Another thought on my Vit test... My Build 2 gave me a static extra 348 points of power on top of my Build 1. The test on my Build 1 showed an average gain of 54.8 power-in on the Flame cascades, plus it's dynamic and not reliant on the troll. I would only need to cast 6.35 FC's to make up that power difference on average (from these specific results). So in an AM rotation utilizing TA, I'm effectively ahead on my power pool after my 6th cast of FC, while putting less strain on the troll to achieve it.

From the results I see here, if I'm going to continue to use WM as my main damage rotation, I'm going to stick to adding power via all of my various mods and SP's. If I'm going to be mainly doing damage via the AM, it would be in my best interest (and the group's) to move those points from power to vit.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

Thx for your reply!

I really just want to understand:

1. Earth tank side was not really bad, dps side was... both sides got a revamp
    2. Electric healer side was "kind" of bad, dps side maybe also... both sides got a revamp
    3. HL troller side was only lacking range pot, dps side was broken after jc-nerf... both sides got a revamp (dps side got two revamps)

4. Fire tank side is broken (especially in comparison to ice and rage)! Every player on all 4 servers knows that, look at LFG-chat for proof.
    Dps side is bad... ONLY dps side gets revamp...

No offense, but i dont get the logic behind that... its one of the most famous powers for every new dcuo player and one of the biggest disappointments when they realize, that this toon will never get invited to new content in supporter role.

Please take just a little more time for some adjustments, its worth it.

For dps side: the supercharges have to react on wm like the gadget and earth ones, otherwise nobody will use it and then its a waste of space in the trees. SC is a boost u can use from time to time to support the group, means for dps: kill enemies faster!

Thx for listening...
    • Like x 3
  14. blklightning New Player

I think what he's trying to say is that they have limited time for revamps right now. Fire received its formal update a year and a half ago. GU39 was to add the Advanced Mechanic. They've committed to giving some love to the tanking side in a future update, but acknowledged that time and resources are limited.

We, as the community, made the mistake of assuming that GU39 was a fire revamp and not just an update to include the AM. Or... maybe communication could have been more clear? I dunno.

The AM is what we were given and is probably the least tested of it all. :(
    • Like x 1
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I don't think it is the least tested. There is just not much to test. Its basically a new PI and we can move while doing it. What else are we going to do? We have been essentially limited to using 3 powers in order to possibly match WM. All that needs to be done is make MD more consistent. Something we asked for a year ago but didn't get.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

Imo the AM is fun and great (thx devs for that), i just ask for an increased hp pool in pve content. That doesnt need much time...

Let Fire tanks participate in endcontent without beeing kicked or not beeing invited. Not more... with that there is no risk of making it OP!
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting. Don't think I'd go out of my way to stack Vit, but picking it up along the way toward mastering weapons or using it instead of power in mixed yellow slot mods or in the generator would be easy enough. Wonder if the power return mechanics of Electricity and Nature operates the same way.
    • Like x 4
  18. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Exactly. Once GU39 goes live, I'll be switching to vit/might in my head & shoulder armor pieces, swapping out Resto for Vit in my generator, and respeccing extra SP into vit (after maxing-out crits and might/prec) instead of other benefits towards weapon masteries.

It's just a slight re-think about how to upgrade stats as a fire dps that, IMO, should be more beneficial to us going forward.
    • Like x 1
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

So it heals you for 6 seconds and has a shorter cool down with a a larger amount of ticks.

[IMG]

So in a quick 6 seconds, you have a possibility of healing yourself for this amount.

Current Stats
    [IMG]

Gear was modded dom etc.
    • Like x 1
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Are you fully specced into crit healing ?