GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I see. I was only ever a power drainer on my Gadgets toon but the damage reflected the power consumption :p. This is the new age of DCUO though, it seems, and all of the future content will likely be geared towards WM meaning higher health pools or else we'd steamroll everything. Given that, support roles will probably be expected by many to put out more damage than they've been doing Pre-WM. Hopefully it doesn't go from trollers getting "You're not throwing enough power" to "You're not doing enough damage" :eek:.(Because we all know bad DPS like to play the blame game.)
    • Like x 3
  2. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Yup. WM cannot be used with the combo system because of the "at the same time" concept like you and others have said. Personally I think nothing should negate WM and how much damage players would then be able to do would be based off of the players rotation, their knowledge of the power, and their ability to set everything to maximize their damage potential. But that would of only worked if the AM were to of been established for every power before WM.
  3. MetalMario Loyal Player

Rage and HL can NOT use thier AM and weapon mastery at the same time. The AM is finished by the time you can use WM. Your point is invalid. I'm not sure about celestial so I won't speak on it.

You're comparing using weapon mastery AFTER the AM is finished to using it DURING its effect then claiming it's the exact same thing. Sorry apples and oranges are different.
    • Like x 2
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

The crit bonus is what I have issues with, not using AM.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pandora Demon New Player

Yes, but I tested it in open world content, and still got the same results, and then I tested it in a T6 duo, and got the same results. Once servers are back up; I'll try it in T6 Alert, and try healing in SM.
  6. JayIzWicked New Player

I don't understand why the devs don't just listen, do they realize nobody likes this? Arc lightning for the healing side is still bad, ionic drain looks cool, bio cap and bio surge are fine but I don't know why you wouldn't increase the range on galvanize, I understand it is powerful but it has like literally no range. Nature and Celestial have max range casts and heal fine, it's not like arc lightning hits 8 enemies....... I've been waiting for this vamp and honestly I feel quite restricted when making a loadout, to me the only power thats doing more damage is Overcharge. I still feel as though the power consumption is still quite costly, not as much but it is. Electricity has 0 pets, 0 forms of support such as Sorcery's circle and totem, Nature has forms which not people use but they're still options, celestial does crazy damage as a healer, what does electric have? That's right, high power consumption, crappy heals and crappy damage. Any electric healer will tell you he can get out healed easily by any other healing power, ESPECIALLY nature. Thank you for happily receiving my $15 a month and I hope we will ALL have a free day of legendary due to YOUR updates and screw ups.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, it's supposed to last 10 seconds. Was working fine for me on test. Of course, the reports of lowered SP damage make me wonder if there are issues with the patch.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Every awesome mechanic is inferior to wm ... Comparing awesome mechanics to weapon mastery isn't a fair comparison .....

Comparing awesome mechanics to the bonus might crit you get with clipping a weapon mastery combo is what you need to do....

Dies the dot am match the bonus might crit or not....

Earth is similar.... Might crits from say striking stone with 4500 might after wm combo hits from 2000-4000.... Crystal (awesome mechanic hits 2000-4000)

no matter what every dps has to focus on wm combos that's the bread and butter if dosing now powers are now relegated to setting up pi's dots and modifiers .. With at least one nice burst damaging power or your awesome mechanic which negates the might crit bonus....

Unless your rage then you can use you awesome mechanic along side your wm combos which is real fair....

Set up blood lust wm combo get might crit bonus for clipping with dreadful blast then get precision combo that hits almost as hard as wm ...
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

This is correct. WM precision combos are the new standard weapon combos, so that's a constant in the equation. You're really just comparing the difference between the might crit and the AM. The pets are probably the best balanced in that regard. The DoTs simply aren't. DoT stacking was just never a good idea for an AM. Burst rules the roost in this game.
    • Like x 3
  10. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Personally I think it is pretty simple...add electrocuts DOT to the AM...then buff the dots a bit...not a huge amount just a bit when they are being combined and the Am will be MUCH better and I THINK many of the issues will be resolved....imo
  11. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

The best fix would be to let the AM and WM crit bonus coincide. Everyone gets everything and can use whatever load out they want and everyone will be happy. Until people start saying their AM is inferior to another power and call for nerfs.
    • Like x 1
  12. SP33DYFAST New Player

This seems WAY worse than Pre-GU38 Electricity. Very unhappy.
    • Like x 3
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

feel like this was a straight money grab this version of electric is nothing like test we were able to have a load out with weapon mastery and still have some tics much like sorcery and now there is no way to WM and use this broken power. the MW crits have been removed from almost all the usable powers. all the load outs we were using were changed when it went on live> I feel like I just wasted 20 dollars because now I have to change back and I was really looking forward to playing electric as its the only heal power set I've never really played. even if you use their advanced rotation half your tics don't register and run out too soon. messed up to make those changes the day it goes live
    • Like x 1
  14. SP33DYFAST New Player

Exactly how I feel. The Devs knew people would switch to electric before the game update, now we just wasted money, and they're hoping we pay to switch powers again.
  15. SomethingEASY New Player

This may seem a simplistic view, as I am and have always been an Electric Healer since they brought out Electric power set, so I apologize if this is incorrect. The problem I am seeing with this AM as compared with other powers is the length of time our dots have to tick to bring the AM to full damage potential. Combo AM completes the sequence at its max damage and starts it over with the next combo. Thus if a party kills off an enemy within say 8 seconds, how much damage have we (DoT class power sets) missed out on/how many ticks were never applied to the end result vs using burst attacks. Only in long sustained battles will our mechanic be of true use, and even then it seems lackluster. DoTs are a great tool to support the play style, however usually fall behind when a power is based on it. IDK, perhaps I'm wrong.

In other news, I love Arc Lightning for healing, so that's a plus!
    • Like x 2
  16. Azrael New Player

Ok so I wasn't going crazy. Something seems wrong with the AM- the tics and everything. It def does not feel as strong as nature's AM. Maybe its a bug....Hopefully spord will address this..b/c Electric dps is not viable or on par at all.
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm seeing people use neo venom in their loadouts *vomits*
    • Like x 3
  18. Pandora Demon New Player

Yeah, I know DOT's are lack luster; I'm not even sure if they do more damage than stacking all those DOT's together, even though it's more efficient to refresh them: it needs to get a damage boost for refreshing, stacking them using VB. But, Ark Lightning is better, but I would like it to ark back at Max Targeting range, because it could hit from max targeting range.
  19. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

After some more play time with the update there does definatly seem to be something wrong with the WM crits....they do not seem to be getting any kind of buff at all. I still think that the Am needs to be a bit bigger tick wise but i enjoy it. WM crits....something is fishy.
    • Like x 2
  20. SP33DYFAST New Player

Noob question, what is AM?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.