GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostof91 New Player

If AM is for those who lack Sp's, then what is the whole point of WM making Sp's more viable?o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Well if it's true then I'll be slightly hopeful but I have a very slim sliver of hope left. There was pages of feedback and the last thing drenz said was he was looking into inspiration placement and that was I think two weeks ago. Hell the patch notes never changed from when HL was put on test to when the update went live. Same typo was on the original test notes and it was there at the final product. Seems like they had there mind made up at the beginning of test.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

One of the main issues is that before the update, you could use DoTs and WM crits together. Now, you can't, but they didn't significantly increase the DoT damage. So, whether you use WM or AM, you'll probably notice lower damage. I did bring this up, FWIW.
    • Like x 4
  4. LyricalHD New Player

HL is terrible. People use maybe two to three Power Combos with this power.
  5. Fatal Phantom New Player

Look I'm not looking to get rage nerfed, I'm looking for an intelligent reason for electricity's horrid revamp. But you're telling me you don't use a power that gets a WM crit after a combo? Why? You don't even have to finish the combo the initial hit does nearly 5k AOE. Then u could plasma wretch out jump cancel and keep WM comboing. Electric is flawed because even without its dots, it's move that is similar to dreadful blasts initial bit is hitting 3 times less.
    • Like x 1
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

I want to use AM I really do but this damage is not making sense at all.
  7. LyricalHD New Player

But you replied to my post as if i were saying it was good. You basically repeated the same thing i said.
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

There is abig difference that people seem to forget.

the combo comes directly after the might tick. It is physically impossible to do prec damage from a combo and to a WM combo at the same time. They must be performed linearly.

On the other hand pets and dots consistently do damage. You would be able to get the powerful dots ticking and do a WM combo at the same time. you can do both in parallel to each other. That is why they removed the bonus.

the combos literally have to go WM -> Power -> Combo repate

The Dot and pet classes can go WM ->Start Dot rotation from there the flow chart would say DoTs doing damage? If yes WM. You are not getting precision ticks as well as "awesome DOTs" going at the same time. All they have to do is refresh their dots. They now have heavy damage coming from two different sources.Combo powers cannot operate in such a way. Yea rage has DOTs but they are not as potent as Elec and Nature's.
    • Like x 4
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yes I was agreeing with you....
  10. Errorcode1058 New Player

Because the advantage of using WM right now keeps our attention off of the changes being made to the foundation. When the jacks come off or the might stats rise, might will again be just as, if not more effective.

Magicians call this trick 'misdirection.'
    • Like x 2
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

You missed the point. The point is that though Rage, HL, and Celestial can get the WM bonus, it defeats the purpose in doing so because most using their Combo System(AM) + WM bonus will result in a loss of damage versus using pure WM combos + WM Bonus. The discussion was regarding AM's and the WM Bonus
    What are you talking about? You will use as little as 10k power an instance using those two powers alone. Infuriate is a SC and doesn't consume power. o_O

This is something that I DID neglect to take into consideration. With the previous Bloodlust buff percentage, it was very well possible to do what I stated above and achieve greater results than using Rage's AM. The same was possible for Celestial as well.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm talking about the old days before Weapon Mastery where people used to spam rotations, shout at controllers, turn people away from the role and cause controllers to demand changes be made to the way controlling works.

I favour a system that rewards players for using their weapons more than their powers by increasing the damage that weapon attacks do to encourage their usage, freeing up our job.
  13. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

But two things they got horribly wrong with nature and electric is making swarm and electrocute negate WM. Neither can get refreshed and electrocute is the exact same type of DoT that every power has access to. I can see negating WM from the setup DoTs that lead to an AM but not any DoTs that have nothing to do with the AM. Swarm is like a pet it can die but also does damage over time.
    • Like x 2
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

But i'm a Superhero. I want to use my powers :(
    • Like x 3
  15. Fatal Phantom New Player

I know what you are trying to get across but it's still flawed and unfair. Sorcery and earth have multiple pets and have access to robot sidekick. Only one of their pets (yes that one pet hits 2ks but still) negates WM crits. So they can still have pet damage and WM crits simultaneously. Nature and elec however can't use ANY dot even if it's their weakest one and get WM crits simultaneously. That is already unfair. But sorc and earth can have pet dmg dot dmg and WM crits. It's unbalanced completely.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

So am I and I want to do more than spam recharge :p Especially when I'm expected to debuff and pick up the fallen whilst feeding the power addiction.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This I can agree with but I just don't like that people are confused at what "at the same time" means.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Phantom New Player

Unless players voice the concerns about this now, then this will pass off as an acceptable mechanic. And if there is 3 combo powers, u better believe there's gonna be a third "dot mechanic" power and that could be YOUR favourite power. This AM is terrible and the WM burst dmg is terrible as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. LyricalHD New Player

Why does Electrocute cancel the WM bonus? Its has nothing to do with the AM setup.
    • Like x 2
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

In order for that to truly be unfair would mean that Robot sidekick does comparable Dps to Crystal/fury. There mechanic is an advanced pet. While I don't think Electrocute etc should negate the Weapon Mastery bonus I don't think robot sidekick should be a part of the table as it wasn't balanced to compete with WM. Everyone can use the robot if they wanted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.