GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullGang Devoted Player

I had my CR99 Fire alt waiting for this. I hope it turns out good.
    • Like x 2
  2. Pandora Demon New Player

Yeah, sadly, I think this is going to be the only power( that can perform) that will have more of it's damage come from powers instead of WM.
  3. Shift New Player

I think the Power Interaction AM powersets may be getting something similar referring to the power return that is. If I recall correctly, I think one of the devs stated that with the PI AM you won't need a "pocket controller". May just be my faulty memory conjuring up lies to trick myself.
    • Like x 1
  4. Chipjacson New Player

We wanted to be able to use our dots and still be able to get the crit from WM, this little fix would make half the electric community happy because we have more variety in our Loadouts. But for peace sakes the power return mechanic is "last gen" compared to fire. Can we get power back from using every move associated with the AM like fire at the moment on test. Then last please increase the strength of the dots, I have over 4400 base might and with the might buff wired I still hit for constant 500-1400 this is not cutting towards A high tier dps power like Rage, sorcery. With powers that can use their dots and wm it's a problem keeping up with just dots that doesn't hit very awesome.
    • Like x 2
  5. SomethingEASY New Player

My big problem with the AM idea is the focus on Damage. Not that the damage side should be left out, but it has been stated by many (and I believe I have even seen the devs comment on it as well) that in game, obviously support roles are usually hard to find. So why not bring in an interesting AM to draw people to the support side and even out the roles a bit. It just seems an oddity to me that healing tanking and controlling get very little incentive to do our jobs (and therefore less people want to try/learn to do it), yet its the Damage side that gets shiny new toys. This is obviously aimed more at newer, more casual players as I know many on here have support roles. But give those less informed people out there a reason to want to spec into their support roles, that's my view.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jamie New Player

It's probably the same reason that giving support roles any incentive to use WM was an after thought, the dev's don't care about support roles. Sometimes I think it would be better for the game if the dev's just boosted the damage for support roles and removed the DPS role all together. It seems like the dev's are pushing for all roles to do an insane amount of damage anyways so why do we need DPS's? WM gave a huge damage boost to support roles. AM's seem to be boosting damage as well. At some point DPS's will become irrelevant since all they do is damage.
    • Like x 1
  7. LyricalHD New Player

Even without the might crits wm is better. I went against a sorcery dps. He used no powers what so ever. He spammed weapon mastery and got top dps. Makes no sense.
  8. LyricalHD New Player

This is true but the precision half still hits just as hard as, if not harder, than the WM crit bonus one.
  9. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

wrong i switched me celestial toon to elec for testing the change so im still spec and crafted full prec i m hitting harder and crits more oftenly with my elect toon on prec dmg so i hv a 3k might bonus for me that with a burst lodaout.i think i ll do better with an ice toon which have a longer buff

resume of that test dots are still useless in 99% aspect of the game burst lodaout or dots lodaout the second one is still not an option

please stop restriction give us option remeber "play it your way"....(valuable for all powerset)

PS:bring back burst dmg on electroburst and electrocute ;)
  10. ASH New Player

so, after everyone could test electric dps and had several runs in each kind of content, whats everyones thoughts of electrics current state? i still dont understand why electric users are not allowed to use dots and receive the bonus from weapon masteries high crits.

when i play rage, sorcery or ice on testserver, these powersets can have multiple dots and get the high crits from weapon mastery. whoever is responsible for the powersets: the electric update was to make the powerset balanced and competitive.
    actually, electric was pretty good with weapon mastery before you guys introduced the "advanced mechanic".

please reconsider your changes and listen to the players feedback.
    please don't come back and say the electric dots are different than others. thats not true and i don' get it, why you guys keep thinking that. the low and not upgraded dots are exactly the same as other powersets have. period.

thx:mad:
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Gives us back Electrocute please. I still think it's unfair how Sorcery and other powers like fire can do burst and still have dots running in the background. I been losing to Sorcery in the new raids not just because of the overall damage, it's really his dots that added up and I fall 900k behind him. Electric cannot keep up with just one damage power of Static Push. The move is good and all but still at least give it's crits back to it.

Voltic Bolt should be the thing cancel Weapon Mastery Crits. Ever since this change I feel like we fallen to cookie cutter loadouts.
  12. Bigodef New Player

I have not seen much improvement in the electric power, I have a cr 105 this character is not be a good DPS. I think we need change all eletric power. Trollers hate me because electric power uses a lot of power and does not give much damage, imagine how I feel, sometimes taking 6 points higher cr than the outher DPS with celestial power, rage, quantum ... and I can not even get close. I entered the ICW OP T6, the other DPS had the same CR and he gave triple damage than i and I even used a lot of power. I spent one year without playing and I think this time I'll have to stop time for good, unfortunately just like playing with electric power (I have other characters, but do not like to play with Them). Please fix this power, I do not want him to be the best of all and the best DPS, I asked to go the distance is not so absurd, eletric is really far from the other powers, please fix this. Thank you.
  13. -IcyEruption- New Player

Quite honestly, you are doing it completely wrong if you're getting beat that badly. I have figured Electricity out completely, and not once have I been beaten that badly. I'm 107CR, 143SP. Although my stats aren't that high, I rarely lose(with the exception of two people) to anyone. people say "burst>DoT", but i've yet to lose to an Electric DPS using burst. I run: Wired,Voltaic Bolt, Electrogenesis, Circuit Breaker, Electrocute, Tesla Ball. I don't bother with the power back, as it is near useless. Most players just don't understand how to use the AM. If you need help , just reply. ;)
  14. -IcyEruption- New Player

There are a few flaws in Electricity, but not power-breaking. I still haven't lost to an Sorcery, Fire, Ice, etc. Only power i've lost to was Rage, and these guys are amazing. It would be great if Electrocute didn't remove WM crit, but you can still destroy without WM crit. As I use WM with AM. Rotation:EG clipped Wired>(solar flare)>Voltaic Bolt>(solar flare)>Electrocute>WM(HB)>Tesla Ball>WM(HB)>EG clipped Wired>HB(solar flare)>Voltaic Bolt>WM> Tesla Ball> Solar Flare> Electrocute. Then repeat. I believe this is most optimized and damaging(in DoTs). Just experiment. Electricity is definitely not under powered. Just flawed, but beastly. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.