GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, the sparring targets are all messed up now. They wipe PI too quickly, you can't CC them, and apparently they react as if they're at less than 35% for the finishers. The ones in the bases don't even register hits, unless that was fixed in the last update (not in the patch notes). I dunno. I'm not doing anymore testing on them until they're fixed.
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

My observations confirm what you see. All dots except VB cancel WM crits. I had assumed it was an oversight so I didn't say anything. It'd be hilariously weird if it was intended though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  4. Shift New Player

Would it be at all possible if you swapped Tesla Ball and Arc Lightnings' positions in the Voltage tree devs?
  5. Drakonicus New Player

Why ?
  6. Shift New Player

To save me a Power Point for the second dps iconic innate if I want to get Electrocute and Tesla ball :p Though I'm sure it won't happen. Alot of people fixated on Arc Lightning in dps role when Wired is already enough to set up the Electrified pi.
  7. Drakonicus New Player

Well, Arc is more reliable, and part of that power chain thing. Matter of preference, of course
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Honestly I am not sure if its just me but testing the powerset dps wise.

Burst powers+ WM> Awesome Mechanic

And when I say much greater. Its beating the awesome mechanic by over 50%.

I havent tested this in a raid type setting. Perhaps tunso has and thats why there will be no change to the DOTs.

IMO once the Awesome Mechanic has been triggered( you combine all the DOTs) they should be hitting very hard.

ATM when this goes live I will not be using the Awesome Mechanic due to how weak it is compared to burst powers+ WM. Guess RS is still staying in my loadout.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shift New Player

Just remembered that Nature has Bug Form for the heal crit stat increases. Would be nice if Electric could finally have a healing Crit increase power for our heals since all the other healing powersets have one. My vote is for Electrogenesis to have a Healing Crit Chance and Magnitude buff going on as soon as it is activated and throughout it's cooldown or Bio-Surge like Sorcerys' Golden Soul Aura. Resto boost for Wired as well.
  10. kajutsu New Player

WM loadout do around 30-40% more damage than AM loadout(tested in long fight)

Add a PI buff to electrogenesis and electroburst, if target is electrified.
    • Like x 2
  11. PhantomVision New Player

It seems like an overkill for all DoTs to prevent WM crits. Harvest +VoltaicBolt preventing WM crits for something like 12 secs would have been enough of a restriction.

At least if Electricity want to run pure WM build there is Static Push while nature is stuck with Serpent call which has really weak burst and even weaker DoT.
  12. Infamous Hacker Active Player

we have tested and FIRMLY established at this point that the electric weapon mastery method is better than the electricity awesome mechanic. its the same with most other might based powers. can we now change this so we get a lower crit when we use the awesome mechanic and weapon mastery together. rather than having to choose betweeen the two (which really is a no-brainer), we can just use them both if we choose. i think thats a better solution than choosing between them. The celestial powers already demostrate this balance. you can use their combos without losing weapon master crits, but the crits arent as high if you compare them to a WM might based power crit. I think that would be a good way to move forward with balancing the powers, what does everyone else think?
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

That's my conclusion. See the above link.
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Ok, thanks I thought I was going crazy seeing the difference in damage. Perhaps in the next update for the test server they will do something to put the AM on par with burst powers+WM.
  15. Max Volt Committed Player

The test server has been up for 3 weeks, and we have all been saying the same thing since the beginning of the "AM/DoT no WM crit" change. Unless they are brainstorming back here trying to find something that will help the AM and DoTs ...I'm willing to bet GU38 will go live as it is.

on that note...Spord, somebody that cannot post here suggested to give Wired a Restoration buff when you are in healer stance.
    ... which is not a bad idea at all.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Considering we have gone several pages without feedback other than changes that fix bugs I am guessing they are putting the last bit of effort to fix HL and these changes will go live next week.

I do hope wired gets a resto buff as well, but seeing as we have asked for it in W.I.P and when it first hit test server. I highly doubt they will give it to us.
    • Like x 1
  17. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Yeah, please no.
  18. blklightning New Player

After what Max and I were able to confirm on test last night, it's so not done yet. As of the last patch... all DoTs cancel WM crits except for when it's a VB DoT. It's very odd and must be a bug.
  19. Max Volt Committed Player

Yes, it was confirmed to be a bug.
    • Like x 2
  20. Max Volt Committed Player

Also, I did post these in the other thread in Gotham City, but for the ones curious to see numbers here are the damage charts of a SM run while using The Awesome Mechanic with a might build

[IMG]

[IMG]

as you can see the DPS averaged at about 2849.3 which is not too bad, ... on the other hand on the sparring targets I was able to average over 3600 dps when using only WM , Static Push and Ebomb.

So WM does have an higher DPS potential compared to AM and Dots....will the Devs find a way to balance it?

Edit: also note that I was only using Electrogenesis to set up AM,...but its damage is completely missing from the charts since I believe it gets absorbed and displayed as Voltaic Bolt representing the overall damage of the AM
    • Like x 1