GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jun 3, 2014.

1. spord Developer

It is finally time to test out the upcoming Electricity changes on PC Test! Let us know how your testing goes.

Here is the list of changes:

Voltage Tree
    • Tesla Blast
      • Reduced the animation time
      • Reduced the time between the two damage ticks
    • Electroburst
      • Reduced the animation time
      • Removed the instant damage
      • Increased the damage over time duration
      • Adjusted the damage delay to match the animation
      • Adds a new power interaction (Voltaic Bolt interacts with it) to cause damage over time in both role
      • Healer damage over time will not overwrite DPS damage over time
    • Shockwave
      • No longer removes the Electrified power interaction after a knock down
      • Reduced the delay before an Electrified enemy gets knocked down
      • Increased the range to hit from maximum targeting distance
    • Arc Lightning
      • Electrifies enemies that are hit by the lightning
      • Reduced the power cost
      • Heals the user on cast when in Healer Role
      • The lightning can now arc to/from the caster
      • Chooses group members instead of allies for the first two healing jumps
    • Tesla Ball
      • Spawns above your target and slowly moves toward it
      • Zaps enemies at max range
      • No longer Electrifies enemies but instead deals extra damage to Electrified enemies
      • Reduced the power cost
      • Reduced the cooldown
    • Wired
      • The first weapon attack used after Wired will Electrify your/allies' target
      • Added a Might buff
    • Electrogenesis
      • Reduced the cooldown
      • The DPS and Healing versions now use a shared cooldown
      • The Healing version's aura will now go to the closest group member
      • Adds a new power interaction (Voltaic Bolt interacts with it) to cause damage over time in DPS role
    • Voltaic Bolt
      • Increased the range to hit from maximum targeting distance
      • Will now deal damage over time even if you are only targeting one Electrified enemy
      • Refreshes the Electrified power interaction state
      • Increases the potency of new power interaction (from Electrogenesis or Electroburst) damage over time effects on Electrified enemies
      • Damage to enemies is no longer split with objects
    • Megavolt
      • Reduced the super charge cost to 50% and lowered the damage to match similar abilities
    • Group Transducer
      • Now has a heal over time
      • The heal based on incoming damage will always trigger
    • Bioelectric Surge
      • Has a new power interaction that heals any group member that has safety heal from Bio-Capacitor or
    • Ionic Drain
      • The Healer version no longer stuns but hits up to 8 enemies and will continue healing if your target

Amperage Tree
    • Bio-Capacitor
      • The safety heal will now trigger at 45% of your health and will now trigger when your health decreases instead of when you are hit. This is now considered a power interaction.
      • The instant heal has been reduced (like Celestial's Admonish) but now applies to you and 3 group members
    • Invigorate
      • The healing amount has been increased
      • The safety heal will now trigger at 45% of your health and will now trigger when your health decreases instead of when you are hit. This is now considered a power interaction.
    • Galvanize
      • Reduced the power cost
    • Circuit Breaker
      • Reduced the super charge cost to 35%
      • Reduced the distance enemies are knocked down
      • Now splits damage and hits up to 20 targets like other super charge abilities
    • Electrostatic Bomb
      • Deals more damage to Polarized enemies
      • Damage over time was removed, and initial damage was adjusted as a result
      • No longer stomps the Polarized Power Interaction when the target is knocked down
    • Static Push
      • Reduced the power cost
      • Increased the range to maximum targeting distance
      • Now deals more damage to Polarized enemies
      • Damage to enemies is no longer split with objects
      • No longer removes the Polarized power interaction after a knock down
      • No longer vulnerable to interrupt
      • Reduced the cooldown
    • Attract
      • Now properly splits damage
      • Now does proper amount of damage in Healer role
      • Increased range to maximum targeting distance
      • Adds the Polarization power interaction
    • Spark Barrage
    • Overcharge
      • Reduced the number of hits before the explosion
    • Electrocute
      • Increased the duration of the field
      • Slightly lowered the maximum damage each tick deals
      • No longer allows stacking of damage from two Electrocute fields
    • Like x 22
  2. Bobburt Committed Player

I'm really loving the new Circuit Breaker.

Offtopic- if only Mental could get this kind of Supercharge treatment *cough*BoltBarrageMassHysteriaConvalesce*cough*
    • Like x 7
  3. Bobburt Committed Player

Aqua Surge can't post in the Test Feedback forum, so they sent me this to post for them.

• Like x 3
  4. Kristyana New Player

How is the interaction between Voltaic Bolt and Electroburst/Electrogenesis supposed to work? Because I'm not seeing any additional damage.
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

I had the same question. In fact, Voltaic Bolt seems to be removing the dots from Electrogenesis and Electroburst completely if used on electrified targets. For example, if you do Electrogenesis then VB on an electrified target you only get 1 dot when you should get 2. If you do it in the reverse order you get 2 dots.
    • Like x 1
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

I cant remember how it was before. Anyway, I feel it would better suit to be placed on the player (player only, no NPC targeting) with the current lowest health in the group. So it could be used as controlled set up on tank while keep staying range. Try to do setting up the HoT in the Survival Mode on the tank when the action is going on ^^
    • Like x 9
  7. blklightning New Player

Before this update, eGen would target the nearest ally.
    • Like x 1
  8. blklightning New Player

Well, I LOVE the new look of Ionic Drain. Very impressive, lightning-rod-esque visual.

I will be uploading video tonight of just how amazingly broken Arc Lightning is now. Three-and-a-half minutes of video and I couldn't get it to work as intended at all. Will break down every issue I noticed with it once video can be posted to show the problems.
    • Like x 7
  9. blklightning New Player

ARC LIGHTNING

What can I say about it? Well, it is amazingly, phenomenally, and nearly unbelievably... BROKEN!!!

These are the specific problems I noticed:
    1 - AL will NOT hit a group member until it has arced through the target and another add (2 enemies minimum). This may be a result of...
    ...2 - AL will NOT arc to anyone that is at full health. This includes the tank.

Below is over 3 minutes or Arc lightning doing anything but healing. At about 2:15, it's clearly visible that healing arcs left the tank and went to enemies rather then me, our group, or allies. I think that it may not have arced to me, as I was at full health during the entire test. I had about 2 casts of AL to a manhunter that was right next to tikkun. She received no arcing at all.

This is still a considerable issue. One Live, it arcs through players regardless of their HP level.

• Like x 12
  10. Player X New Player

Tesla Ball
    love the animation, wished it hit for more. It could replace Electrocute on my load out and save me 5 power points...
  11. Infernale New Player

Wow. Static Push is pretty good now.

Keep Wired on cooldown, then spam ranged Weapon Mastery attack>Static Push = Win.

Unless I'm missing something, on Test it's basically now Electricity's version of the current Live version of Light's Chompers.

So... can we undo the nerf to Chompers that is included in this update?
  12. Kintuse Well-Known Player

I can vouch for the arc-lightning issue, seems to not work as it's suppose to. Not even blue lightning emits to be exact, but I do love the speed up it's obtained.

Oh and for those wondering how Ionic Drain looks like now.

[IMG]
    • Like x 18
  13. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Hello spord.

The damage from Electrocute is still like on live,the last 3 seconds doesn't do an damage at all.
    It is supposed to be like Electrogenesis , doing damage as long as is on cooldown.
    Is it balanced that Electrocute has to wait 4 SECONDS OF NO DAMAGE while other powers don't have that issue ???
    • Like x 1
  14. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Also I don't see how Electricity dps will be as fast as other powers when it comes to instant aoe damage since they still do less damage than other powers by 20% ...
  15. spord Developer

I'll look at these today.
    • Like x 1
  16. spord Developer

I think I can rebuild the healing arcs so that it will pass through even if they are at full health. I'll let you know.
    • Like x 7
  17. spord Developer

It will remove the DoT and place a double or triple size DoT on the enemies but then you only need to use Voltaic Bolt to refresh this triple sized DoT state.
    • Like x 7
  18. spord Developer

There is a difference between cooldown and duration. The duration of the field was 10 seconds and is now 12 seconds. The cooldown is 15 seconds and is the standard for these types of abilities.
    • Like x 4
  19. Ivy Bird Committed Player

When I was testing it didn't seem that much bigger than the standard DoT from the power.

EDIT: Done some more testing and it doesn't seem to do anything, the DoTs from the powers (EG, EB) are hitting the same before and after VB.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ivy Bird Committed Player

EDIT2: The first time I hit VB after applying the EG or EB, I get 1 extra tick of damage of about double base but thats it. Additional hits of VB seem to do nothing.