GU32: Sorcery update feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Magical Reset Committed Player

KillTheSilence is right on all counts. The scaling is just terrible.
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm very happy about most of the changes. Some things that I'd love to see:

-Transcendence can still be interrupted by objects moving you around. Please just make it like nature's regeneration sc so it's not a liability to use.

-Red Soul Aura will always be an impractical PI if we have to kill something to activate it. Please give us another way to obtain this PI.

-Shard is an excellent addition. It would be perfect if casting it with no target selected dropped the shard directly on you instead of in front of you. This would give it excellent synergy with CoP's targeting features.

-WoD being clippable is amazing. However it has a strange delay right after using it where you can't start another attack immediately.

-Soul Siphon would be more practical if it applied Bad Karma instead of only spreading Bad Karma.

-Also, Karmic Backlash still has a cast bar which makes it do no damage if clipped. This doesn't seem intentional since it's inconsistent with other similar powers.
    • Like x 8
  3. SirMuttonChops New Player

I see what you're saying, but to be honest, I know plenty of players that are speed feat-ing EO that can do massive damage with Sorcery or Fire or Nature, and keep up with a lot of Celestial and Gadgets players (being behind by maybe a couple hundred thousand, which is rather close). This would just put them right up there. They know when to jump-cancel animations to get multiple ticks off at once. I'd like to see them in action before I start making this judgments. Really, what I think your changes would do is lower the learning curve of the power set, not actually make it any better.
    • Like x 1
  4. KillTheSilence New Player

I'm sorry dude you're wrong. Sorcery is the worse power set for DPS at the moment. At no point in time can a Sorcery player keep up with a decent DPS. No disrespect but if you really think Sorcery is on par with any of the power sets you're sadly mistaken. I would expect this kind of opinion from a mediocre player.
    • Like x 2
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Our first EO was mit Fire and Nature. Nothing wrong about these powers. But enlighten me about a good Sorc Loadout that can compete with a good Nature loadout/player. Nature isn't that bad and it was only bad in heavily overgeared content where everthing dies in 1-2 hits.
    From what I've read there are no incoming changes that buff a sorc dps to a noticable level as dps so far.

Btw I can't go to test right now but is Soul Storm still a 50% castbar spell that transforms into a channel spell, making it useless in at least 4 ways?
  6. KillTheSilence New Player

Soul storm is not very good. To be honest, it's pretty worthless.
  7. SirMuttonChops New Player

There are a couple of players I would refer you to, but I don't want to put them in any position/conversation they aren't themselves willing to become a part of. Needless to say, while I do agree that Sorcery suffers a lot from DPS to the point that it cannot top a chart, I've seen it do incredibly in the hands of experts.

Many people still believe that Ice is one of the worst DPS power sets out there, yet I have seen incredible Ice DPS top charts against people that are not only usually the top of the bar compared to pretty much anyone, but are known exploiters for damage. And yet they've still been beaten. Again, with the crowd that I run with, these people are not negligible players. But, again, I don't want to drag people into conversations they aren't making themselves a part of. Especially because one player I know sticks to himself almost always and the other doesn't like to talk to anyone about his loadouts. He barely tells me anything.

I want to be clear here: I'm not saying it does not need a buff, and I'm not saying it's anywhere near the best power for DPS. I'm saying that it can do a lot better than people give it credit for and I've seen it happen.
    • Like x 1
  8. Infernale New Player

I like the change to Shard of Life (formerly Life Element) - heals group members + npc's near the target, get an initial burst heal plus 9 HoT ticks of 6-8 base healing, over a period of something like 8-10 seconds.

I could see this working well for sorc healers, put the circle on the group, then heal the tank with a combination of rejuv + watcher + Shard of Life + Sacrificial Offering as/when required. The damage in healer role is ok also, nothing substantial but still better than nothing, AoE around target, 1 larger initial hit, followed by 4 DoT ticks. Only possible issue would be whether the damage overwrites between Healer and DPS? Haven't been able to test that yet...

I'm also liking that you can now clip things like Soul Well with WoD in healer role.

Is there really any point to CoD giving a 0.1% control resistance buff? I mean - that's 1 out of every 1000 control effects that it will prevent... why even have it? Is that a bug and it's supposed to be higher than that? Is the tooltip wrong? lol
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Your point about Ice is correct. But it needed the 1h ninja buff for (most/many) people to realize that Ice gives itself precision buffs and such takes a huge advantage out of focussed blast (and also Solar Flame).

The last two spots for worst dps classes go to earth and sorcery to me. By now I played any DPS class in end content but gadget dps. And from what I've seen is that Sorc and Earth were the worst. I did manage to do a noticable amount of Damage with sorcery (Dox 2 Subs) but it consumed a hiliarious amount of damage (and I was not using One Handed).
    Anyways, I did only ask you if you can give a sorcery loadout that is doing great - you must not mention player names. In fact, I'm really sure I wouldn't even know them. A loadout would be just as good - I don't have problems in finding the rotation :p
  10. KillTheSilence New Player

It was realized way before the ninja buff of 1h man. A lot of us do not even use 1h. We do however make heavy usage of handblasters.
    • Like x 1
  11. KillTheSilence New Player

Anyway lets get back on subject.

Sorcery still needs A LOT of work
    • Like x 3
  12. SirMuttonChops New Player

I never said anything about anyone in my league.

Never. Not once.

Yet that's the ONLY thing you ever dared address. You really aren't reading anything I'm saying, are you?

Like I said, some of them won't even talk to me. I do know that one of them used the 60% modifier (which no longer exists) and Final Ruin with the jump cancel near the last tick and went into Vengeance or Condemn (not sure which) to get the ticks of damage from both Final Ruin and the other power at the same time. I know WoD was also in their load out. And I'm almost certain CoD was, as well. But, then again, they are the "secretive" type. I had to go off of what I could catch throughout the raid while trying to pay attention to the tyrant.
  13. KillTheSilence New Player

Unless you have something productive to say just stop.

The 60% damage multiplier is gone on the test server.
  14. SirMuttonChops New Player

Yes, I posted that. Again, reading what you want.

I'm on the test server right now testing. I'll agree with some things you said, like Guardian and Fury being basically the same thing. But I see decent damage from Boon of Souls ticks and from the double ticks off of CoD on BK'd targets. A Final Ruin - jump - Wrath/Vengeance combo has me hitting pretty decent damage while I'm sitting on T4 gear (because I'm refusing to go out of my way and get more gear just for a few minutes of testing). CoD isn't splitting heavily on my end. Anywhere between 115-225 I see on both single and multiple targets. The DoT's from Soul Well are still stacking. And now that everything can be clipped by WoD (which has a decent cool down, much shorter than SW and CoD, and can clip both rather nicely in a decent rotation to keep those DoT's pouring in), I can see numbers stacking up rather nicely.

I would like to see the numbers for CoD or Soul Well tick for much higher just because burst damage seems to be running the show and this would speed up Sorcery.

I will say this, though, I'm glad a lot of things remain the same because I really don't want to see another copy of another powerset. I really can't stand suggestions like, "x power should act like x power from another power set because that power is better." Yeah, if that's the route you want to take for "balance," then all powers should act exactly the same and just look different, just for funsies.

• Like x 2
  15. KillTheSilence New Player

You're trying to create an arguement that's not there. Please stop trying to address me directly.

The very thought that you think Circle of Destruction actually does good damage says enough. It does *OK* damage. It's not great and not superb.

Sorry man, Sorcery in its current form(test & live) SUCKS.
    • Like x 2
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

@ SirMuttonChops: Yeah I accidently typed "league" as a synonyme for the guys you know - simply my mistake. sorry for that.
  17. SirMuttonChops New Player

No mistake from you. It was that other guy who keeps arguing that the DPS isn't good.

A good load out (I was talking to a common leaguemate about this earlier) would probably be

1h weapon
    Karmic Hex Consumable
    Soul Well - Weapon of Destiny - Circle of Destruction - Final Ruin - Shard of Life - Vengeance (or Wrath, depending on whether you want to work with BK or RSA, but BK is applied significantly faster).

As far as I can tell, well-timed clips/jumps would make this an effortless 5/6 DoT combo plus decent burst (of course, nothing like Fear Gas - Gauss Grenade, but still).
    • Like x 1
  18. KillTheSilence New Player

The damage is NO WHERE near on par with any of the power sets. No one has agreed with you. No one.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Minor point: something's either a fact or it isn't. If it's baseless, it isn't a fact. /minor point

Did SirMuttonChops say he didn't want some buffs? No. He said he thought sorcery could use some buffs.

Here's some of what he wrote:
    I play sorcery. I very much want it buffed, and I'd like to see some of the further buffs suggested in this thread.

I also like dpsing as Sorcery because people underestimate you, and I like triumphing as an underdog.

But I have no problem agreeing with what SMC wrote above, so you can stop saying "no one" agrees with him about anything.

Might I also suggest taking your tone down a bit? Fine, you disagree with him. We get it. Disagree with him; but there's no reason to characterize his statements, disagree with them or not, as "spewing."

It's also possible to approach a discussion looking for agreement, not disagreement, especially when the other person points out various places you agree.
    • Like x 2
  20. Decree New Player

Can we remove the KB on karmic backlash and morph the 3 pets into 1 already. It's not funny anymore.
    • Like x 7