Test Discussion GU 50: Electricity Advanced Mechanic Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RE4PER New Player

I like how I rarely see numbers like 10k from electrocute (done by rotation of Egen into wired then arc into electrocute then VB). I do get 10k crits with shockwave but I don't see that happening with VB dots. I'd like to ask you guys a something. Live right now, what's been your highest crit when casting Arc lightning? This is of course when you do the rotation where you give yourself power back. My highest was 16k.
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Are there any changes coming to Electric for the test server? There has been a ton of feedback from players...would be nice if we knew if it was all for nothing or not.
    • Like x 2
  3. RE4PER New Player

We know that there's gonna be a change to tesla ball but what about the rest of the abilities? Will they increase the damage to where we expect it to be?
    • Like x 1
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Changes to tesla ball? Where did you get that information?

As far as I know the only changes to it were to make it stack with other players using tesla ball.
  5. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Devs

This lack of communication between the testers and yourselves is worrisome.

We have provided ample data for you to check out. As testers we feel like our time is not valued when you go weeks at a time without any responses to the testers. We provide you with ample feedback, so you as devs should have the professionalism to respond.

If you are not going to communicate with us about your plans, why is there a test server? Why do you provide threads to communicate our results if you're not going to communicate with us?

Quick one line responses from you won't cut it either.

We spend our free time on the test server helping you and the quality of the game out. We aren't getting paid for this, in fact we are PAYING to help you test.

So please do us a huge favor and help us out with your feedback based on ours!

Otherwise we feel like we're wasting our time helping you out and that shouldn't be the case.

More communication please!
    • Like x 10
  6. RE4PER New Player

Lol I wasn't specific but yeah..I meant to say that
    • Like x 1
  7. RE4PER New Player

Well said!
  8. Unida Dedicated Player

I pretty much have up on testing n posting data runs due to the above. It seems optimistic at the beginning, but more often than not it seemed like a thankless task. Props to everyone that had chipped in so far, but my God, where's the green names at?
    • Like x 1
  9. generalzod Committed Player

Well I hope there working on something else but we test to give them feedback then they give us no feedback back ? Not even a we have things going on just be patience or something . I'm nervous this is what's gonna hit live . There only so many good tester in the community why discourage them from wanting to do more in the future ?
    • Like x 1
  10. Chukdatruk New Player

Yeah, what's the purpose for asking for feedback if there isn't going to be a collaborative process? Members are who keep this game alive by supplying revenue for funding these changes, not to mention funding Daybreak's employees. It would nice if the interaction wasn't so one sided when people take time out of playing for fun to test things for developers that are essentially using the player base as free labor.
    • Like x 3
  11. RE4PER New Player

Let's hope that they hear your opinion and apply it to the update.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They're working on new content on the same time they're doing this. They're gonna be livestreaming the Bombshells This Wednesday if I read the annoucements correctly.
    But yeah I agree.

This is gonna be my last time posting in here I think. Best of luck getting the 3 powerset's in line.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I really hope they do to.
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I should point out that just because new content is being worked on doesn't mean work on powersets will be hindered. The reality would actually be that the changes in any update were being worked on at the same as any future content. The reason this is is because a team simply doesn't focus on a single task or project and different members focus on completely different aspects.

Many people don't seem to understand this, however.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello testers! This is an overdue update on where we're at with GU 50's power updates. We do apologize for the silence. We just haven't been able to wrap up reviewing your feedback until just recently. On that note, with this round of testing, and with your and our frustrations in attempting to make sense of feedback, external numbers, and internal numbers, it's clear we need to work together more and set some standards so we make the most of everyone's efforts.

Please see this thread on testing methodology from Tunso. Balance and testing will of course be an ongoing effort, but here's the part that stands out most significantly in relation to GU 50:

With 50's powers, we've wrapped up reported bugs (*knocks on wood*) and the feedback here has come to generally the same place - each power seems a bit underpowered, in your collective opinion. Some of the testing forming that opinion is clearly not following preferred methodology (outlined in Tunso's posts), and as outlined, our goal is to be cautious so as not to have to make unpleasant reductions in the future.

Our request is for you to continue to test with the powers on live with the methods outlined, and we'll continue to review and test along with you, making adjustments as required.
    • Like x 3
  16. not_again Dedicated Player

So just to get this straight, throw out the last several weeks of testing and start over?

Is electricity getting a melee buff like every other power set?

The fact I can still post here (PS4 player no PC Account other than the weekend test server), does that mean I am still eligible get on the test server to test with the new testing criteria?
  17. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thank you for letting us know how you would like things tested. This should help a lot and it is also nice knowing that things will start to change on test server regarding these powers.
  18. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Ok so I am hoping that reads the way the devs want us to test and we can get on it. I am currently moving so will not be able to get on test till probably Monday at the earliest so that SUCKS.

I am planning on doing some tests comparing multiple powers to see how they compare to each other so we all have a baseline. I have a Fire, Earth, Quantum, and Electric toon on live and have already made a toon on test with an armoury set up for each of those powers. I am sure that I am not the best with them but I like to think that I am competent with them.

Once I have some test data i will post it here in Vid format of Course with 10 sec parser data.

I did do some a bit a go with 30 second info and the results were interesting. Fire seemed to do the best followed closely by Quantum with Earth a bit all over the place (need to work on rotation with a different weapon attack) and Electric right around Earth.

I mention this simply because I do not play Ice, nature, gadgets, munitions, and HL so if someone else could do some of those so we have a well rounded set of data for a decent baseline.... that would be great (said in voice of the guy from Office Space)

Also most of you have seen my vids of my preferred playstyle so if you would like to post a duplicate vid go for it.

I look forward to helping in the testing process more when i get Internet again. Till then have fun testing all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.