Test Discussion GU 50: Electricity Advanced Mechanic Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So it appears that Electric is stronger than the range mechanics of Mental and Fire. And weaker than the mid range mechanics of Mental and Fire by a lot. I did range Fire loadout of Inferno, BD, Overheat and FW with MassD spam. And then for Mental it was Pyrokinesis, Mass Lev, TK Push, TK Bolt, and Psychic Shock.

On single target, I still believe that Electric's damage is abysmal. Electric is only slightly better than Fire and Mental because it is more consistent burn than using Mass D or Mass Lev which can be all over the place in damage crits. Also, the 3 power rotation of VB, Electrocute and Wired (once max DoT is set) with weapon attacks seems to be better than power spam.

Electric did much better on the three and 8 targets than the range mechanics of Fire and Mental. A Tesla Ball rotation will do more damage on the 8 targets, but to me, the uses of Tesla Ball are few and far between since you won't be at max DoT and mobs will likely die far to fast to make much of a difference.

I feel Electric needs a slight buff somewhere or else it will lag behind Nature as Nature can hide some goodies in its use of alternate forms.
    • Like x 3
  2. Ciphey Well-Known Player

Am I the only one who finds it odd that they pushed out the immunity change and the stat flattening changes without responding to the 2 weeks worth of numbers posted here and the need for a buff? Why didn't they push that stuff out first then.
    • Like x 6
  3. Sirlanzelod New Player

when is date of the update 50?
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Oh yea I've noticed, I can't believe we can't get some communication around here.lets get these powers straightened out already.
    • Like x 6
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yep, a basic Nature Human>Wolf loadout will beat out Electricity easily by 1500 dps on a single target. Sometimes you can get a burst of 10K from Serpent Call. Nothing in Electricity will give you that.
    • Like x 5
  6. KING ZEUS New Player

Even if this GU is live people will still ask for elec buff as it is just increased by 2% comparing to nature and hl... This is just not fair .... increase the damage of electricity so once again people take electric dps for raids rather using the healing aspect of this power .......This power deserves to be one of the strongest.....
    • Like x 1
  7. Pults Loyal Player

Rarely anyone heals with it as well. You mostly see sorcery, celestial and nature. Roughly 1/10 or even less healers I encounter in pug runs is electricity and that's saying something.
    IMHO DoT powers should deal more damage when all dots are set comparing to burst powers. I mean that's the point of having DoTs, dealing more damage per longer periods of time.
  8. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Other powers (munitions/quantum/pet AMs and more) deal increased damage when the character is closer to opponent, why Electricity can't have this 'risk vs reward' system as well? Is that a bad idea? I'm just thinking cuz it's so weak in melee or mid-range combat, nature has some forms, HL its chainsaw...
  9. Ruckusgod New Player

Hello just sharing my thoughts here but as far as the power back it seems to me, kinds weak. Now it may be me by all accounts, but i have tried a lot of different load outs over the course of like 4 hours and seems i can't get a one to sustain quite like ice, quantum, or even fire for as fragile as that one can be. It very well could be just me. And i have looked at a lot of others load outs and have tried them and compared them to my main power of fire and i gotta say, the stats don't even come close. Now like i said before. It could be just me. But i would like to see this power with a full AM that sustains itself and still deals the hurt. The electric lovers really deserve it. A lot of really good players have been salivating over this and just seems underwhelming to me. Well anyway just my 2 cents on the matter.
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

the only way someone wants an Electricity player is a backup healer for Thrones but to get Wired as DPS. Wired's might buff should probably not be considered when balancing the power because other DPS may receive the same buff which will always make Electricity weaker.

The only other point I can bring up is Super Charge regeneration still seems way slower for weapon attacks than the regeration that Fire, Quantum and the like receive. This means that if an Electricity user wanted to use Megavolt, they may only get to use it a couple times during a raid starting from zero SC.
    • Like x 3
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Honestly I thinks balance will never be attained at this point. DoT fields like Electrocute, Debris Field and CoD do inconsequential damage compared to the one bang powers. When Gadgets can do 100K damage in two rotations, there is no way DoT mechanics or pet mechanics can ever catch up. Weapon damage only received a slight buff for non-WM attacks. I only mention Gadgets here because of the ability to stack the Cryo Foam dot and burning dot will not longer be an issue with damage overwrites removed. With the PI imteractions from CF and another ability they are getting nearly the equivalent damage to Electrocute.
    • Like x 3
  12. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am not sure there are very many players that actually use one of Eelctrics SC's. We can but in all honestly they just are not worth the spot on the bar since we can replace it with SW or TB and net more damage over the course of the raid. For a DOT power it could be one of the perks if our DOTs filled up our SC faster than other powers since one of our goals as DPS is to always have the Dot up and going...just thoughts. Would also need to make the SC a bit better imo
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Tesla Ball is so situational though and it does nothing for a single target. Just trying to think outside the box to see what works on single target damage. Circuit Breaker only buffs weapon attacks and since the other two SC are for healing, I am going to look at Megavolt. Of course, this is nothing that Nature can't already do since in addition to the Human>Wolf maximum DoT rotation, they could put a SC on their bar instead of return to normal.
    • Like x 1
  14. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I would have to agree
  15. generalzod Committed Player

Man I was hoping for a response by now . Well hope they buff the dots don't care about risk vs reward burst powers have advantage in every way must get dots to be very strong to get this balance . I hope Tunso reading this and he buffs dots and hard light please just bring ice down . And we should be balance except rage and earth is at bottom again lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

We will not get any response on the weekends. Hopefully we will hear something on Monday...one can only wait and see.
  17. Dr .Volatile New Player

Are any improvements being made to electric healing? It would be really nice to have the power back mechanic extended to powers that we electric healers rely on heavily. Galvanize, biocap, biosurge. Also an increase to Galvanize would be really nice. Kinda like celestial's divine light
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This is a DPS AM update only.
    • Like x 1
  19. not_again Dedicated Player

All I can say about this is I downloaded Test Server and tested a good bit yesterday. After trying multiple weapon mastery and clipping this power is no where near ready for live. If they need to push out GU50 that is fine but electricity AM balancing needs to be in GU51 (Plus this thread is 8 pages in plus all the nature and light feedback have gotten no response). From what I can tell it is about a 10-20% increase from live where that percentage should have been much higher. This power update is truly disappointing.
    • Like x 3
  20. RE4PER New Player

If gadgets, ice and fire and be destructible then why not do the same for electric? I expect dots (from VB) ranging from 9k-15k. I doubt that electric would have these kinds of numbers but don't we electric users think that just by having 9k-10k of should be dealing more damage? Having 9k-10k of might and doing 3k-5k from voltaic bolt is not enough. We should see numbers between 7k-10k. That should be happening right now even before GU50 hits in a few days. I might sound as if I'm over exaggerating with these numbers but that's how desperate I am for a change in electric.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.