GU 44: Quantum Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Shark Dedicated Player

I was reviewing my footages from thrones and noticed too that timebomb AM didn't go off. Several times.

Yea, somethings up.
    • Like x 1
  2. BriWi Well-Known Player

The way I understood it, we cast Time Bomb at the beginning of the rotation, not at the end:
    1. Time Bomb starts the Time Loop
    2. cast up to 3 or 4 time tree powers, depending on your load-out and player skill
    3. Time Loop ends, causing all the damage done with time powers to be re-applied
    4. go back to 1

if one of the time bomb castings get caught in the previous loop, it probably will not be able to start the next loop. So it could be timing that is the issue here, not Time Bomb itself.
  3. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

Once again, I'm just a proponent and making the change and testing it. It's not going to happen because no one is on test anymore and the GU and DLC are dropping in a few days. I'm not saying buff it and leave it. I'm saying buff it and test it. It may require only a 4% buff. Also, the testing needs to be done with the understanding you are testing the power, and not prioritizing the raid.

I agree with you in that I wouldn't buff and without testing. But I feel this issue warrants testing. The fact that you emphasized it being a great dps mid range means very little. You are not often going to be at that range, especially in the new raids. It's nice that it gets a boost when close, but that will not be a common scenario.

I am not going to discuss this any further, as I don't want to clog up the test server with these back and forths. I still maintain my recommendations, which should ideally be tested before going live.

1) Increased PvE AoE by 7-10%
    2)Easier targeting during the AM
    3) Increased time bomb reapplication by 3 seconds in PvP.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mova40 New Player

For all of you that took your valuable time to test and provide feedback, thanks a lot. I'm sure the devs appreciate it immensely. Now that they have data from the lab (sparring targets) and on field (contents) they should be able to take everyone's feedback and come up with a balance that will work. It was good seeing the content in action in prep for the game update. Hope the release goes well and quantum becomes a competitive DPS.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

The problem here is you end up comparing player to player NOT power to power. If you get an ok dps versus a great one you cant really learn anything by the result. Also in the example you are referring to in that fight (incase you have not done it) there are about 20 adds in the back of the room that the other dps mostly never attack. But powers like sorcery, eletric, and nature sometimes there dots end up on those adds really boosting their numbers so you must account for that as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

True, but it's too close to make any changes and have them appropriately tested. So, I suppose we'll see how this is on live.
    (Although this situation probably did not happen in my raid as the groups were quite far apart. All dps were great dps too.
    Have fun on live everyone.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

I just wanted to point out that I have done testing of Quantum AM at ToD,LoS,AoD,RttN and the solo mission. That said, I take my testing or my opinion as definitive, Quantum is very good and I'm very grateful for this AM, thx to all the testers and the devs for making it possible. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

Absolutely. Kudos to the devs for doing great work with a very difficult concept for quantum.
    • Like x 1
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Grrrr, sorry Karaswa wasn't trying to change your quote
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Mind telling us where the Nature player ended up and your load out?
  11. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

Nature was 1 mil up. Using the standard popular quantum loadout. No wb precast. Remember that was the worst case. Perhaps I was interrupted moreso than usual.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That's not too bad if the Nature player was only 1 Mil more than you. For the Sorcery player, I dunno.
  13. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

Nature was doing more of the pick ups as the ppl who went down happened to be by him
  14. Khylie New Player

I think Quantum will be going live on a good note

I also ran the t6 duo earlier and yes i did get stunned alot but majority of my powers stunned the adds too so it wasnt that bad. Not to mention my partner was not a tank, so of course i will be getting knocked around a bit. All in all im ready for tuesday!!!
  15. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

^^^^^^^ Let me keep my mouth shut, thx for all the feedback during test phase.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.