GU 44: Quantum Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm using the combat log analyzer and trusting it's analysis on the number of times I crit versus not. I've posted a half dozen videos in this this thread, each end with the combat log analyzer up. Each of them are right in that 28% range +/- 0.6%.
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

Think I finally experienced that bug with Time Bomb people have been talking about. Last night my Time Bomb just wouldn't do its big hit and it happened several times in a row before going back to normal. No screenshots unfortunately. Just weird.
  3. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I could never nail it down.

It felt like an input output issue, if you were trying to grow to much in as time bomb was trying to empty out it would just wash everything. Could have had something to do with the cap and the finishing return I think they set up.

But before test went down today time bomb worked flawlessly not matter how I tried to screw up with input timigs
  4. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I'm a little scared now that this is hitting live on Tuesday... With the last damage adjustment to Quantum being a really big / excessive nerf, I'm going to cry if the AM falls flat like Mental did. At least I can still use the toon as a controller. :(
    • Like x 2
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

Excessive nerf? Are you joking? It was literally doing 4 times more damage on 2 targets.
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

The last patch doesn't look like it changed anything by my test. Nothing was in the patch notes about Quantum so I'm not surprised. I assume I did a little better just by happenstance and not by buff/nerf. I'm thinking this is what's going to Live. Let's see how the field treats it. Good luck everyone. I feel all testing participants did a good job helping in some way or another.

1/31/2015: 22.6K DPS (with Pen Strikes) / 2:18 to kill
    • Like x 5
  7. AnointedPlague Active Player

Don't be ridiculous it wasn't over nerfed but I do think the AoE dmg should be increased. Are you 1 of those that bought a token before it hit live ? :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Man...I hope Celestial can see those numbers in GU45 :(
    • Like x 6
  9. STAR REACHER Level 30

Well those numbers are not anywhere near realistic for quantum in real content, due to the facts that: 1. hes using the lvl1 0def targets and 2. he's using pen. strikes giving himself about a 30% dmg increase against those targets
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Using the same targets with PS, you'll do about 3-4k less DPS. That was his point.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm pretty sure he knows that. I assumed his point was that he hopes Celestial sees those numbers on the test server against those same targets and also with Pen Strikes. Under those conditions, Quantum is leaving the gate with the highest numbers achieved by any power set.

If you want to comment on numbers in real content, the real asterisk is whether players can maintain being in melee distance or to which extent blocking and stuns will harm them compared to a DoT class. With Quantum doing 1-2K more than Elec and Nature, that's the play they have for those circumstances.
    • Like x 6
  12. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

It's divided by 1.26 so the real number will be around 17,936 Dps against level 30. More 4-5K dps loss.
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

In CR111 gear? I'd be shocked if Celestial was getting 18.5K-19.5K. I'd expect it close to 16K-17K, but that's my uneducated guess. Do you have any tests? I wouldn't mind getting a baseline in mind.
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

As much as I feel we are going to derail this, I can record you a cr111 on test with the melee build later (going to work now). Should be around those mentioned 18.5k-19.5k but its with WM. Pure AM is "lower".
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, full precision modded 97 gear. I'll try and PM you some graphs.
    • Like x 2
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, should have clarified. You pretty much have to use WM and a melee range build to achieve those numbers. If you use pure AM, you're looking at closer to 14k. Very sad, indeed. Looking forward to GU 45.
  17. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Nope, I've had my Quantum Character for a long time now... way before Anyone ever mentioned anything about Quantum AM was on the horizon. Feel free to look it up, BadSushi on USPC.
  18. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

As I have mentioned before, to ignore real play in lieu of LH sparring targets is foolish. I have thoroughly tested the AM in all new content vs other updated power sets.

You lose a significant amount of dps when you are forced to be at max range and when you get interrupted or need to move due to the time limit of time bomb. The modifier needs to be increased to yield about a 10% increase in AOE dmg. Over the course of a long raid, you will easily lose over a million dmg in lost potential due to the time sensitivity of the rotation and the decreased effective modifier as you will not be in melee range for most of the time.

Quantum is very close to being balanced, but it needs this increase to compensate for a vulnerability no other power comes close to suffering from.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I am going to say Quantum has a lot of advantages over Gadgets and EMP. For example, if you are hard stunned before the cast your third power in the time loop, your TBomb will still hit, maybe not as much, but it will still do a decent burst. If you are hard stunned before the cast on your third power in a Gadgets rotation, you lose the AM burst altogether. If your target moves too far away from you with Gadgets, you can potentially lose your entire burst; with Quantum, you might only see a reduction on your burst. There is a lot less potential for missed damage in a PVE situation, given that if TBomb misses, you may still be able to recover the damage. Gadgets can't do that.

In my loadout testing on dummies, I've only lost 1K dps by going full range.
  20. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

Regarding range, that compounds significantly over time. And the loss will be greater as might increases.

With gadgets, you can do WM and get crits, with quantum your damage depends on the amplification. So,you are doing much smaller hits as you go. Therefore, the damage loss is more significant with quantum. I kept track over the course of an elite raid with different powers. Quantum's vulnerability is by far more substantial which is why the modifier needs to be increased both at range and slightly at melee range to compensate. Since we were in there for a long time, I lost a cumulative3+ million. This disparity will get worse as we move on to tier 7.

On paper its balanced now, but in real play it has a difficult vulnerability to overcome which reduces dps drastically. You cannot recover the dmg as you mentioned, this is the problem with a berserk mechanic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.