GU 41: PvP Season 3 Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillTheSilence New Player

I see your point with that, but you guys are exaggerating... It's not that huge of an advantage.

So you've used flywheel and you're now 10 feet from your opponent, they then ground you and you're stuck jogging around. All it takes is a lunge to get to you.

It seems to me that your guys's argument now is that flywheel will take you a lunge away from the people trying to get to you, before being grounded vs flight and acro not being able to get a lunge away before being grounded.

Having to lunge once to get back to your target is too overpowered? Really?

Let's completely ignore that. COMPLETELY. It would be fine to nerf/"fix" flywheel if movement escapes were no longer SC's.
    • Like x 2
  2. KillTheSilence New Player

It's very reliable to get away using an escape once you have immunity.
    • Like x 1
  3. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

All the escape supers fail when grounded. Dustoff and all the other supers don't work at all.
  4. KillTheSilence New Player

Here's acro after getting immunity:

Flight works the same way, but a lot faster.

In 1v1s it's easy to get a counter and do this... In any group fight people are almost always spamming ranged WM or bbing for their teammates.

Make dash attack a non-sc and "fix"/nerf flywheel I guess.

I'd also increase the cool downs on escape abilities.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Grounding. Once again, grounding stops that. And even if someone grounds you while you're using IF, you still get the horizontal distance.

You're getting 4x the distance of other movement modes using IF. One jump can be enough to put you out of range.

EDIT: Not to mention your way of getting back to the person exposes you to counter mechanics.
  6. KillTheSilence New Player

I'd like to add that grounds can also pull, adding to the fact that it's a bit of an exaggeration.
    • Like x 1
  7. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Dash does not work while grounded. I see no issue returning it to a non super charge with a proper cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

Oh I see, because you have trouble looking up and paying attention to your surroundings, a movement mode should be reduced to the ground in your opinion? That is the most absurd thing I ever sever seen anyone in those forums say.

The fact is, Flywheel in its current state gives Speedsters a vast advantage in terms of movement. As per Tunso, it was Inot intended, and getting fixed. It needs to be fixed to ensure all 3 movement modes are balanced against one another, in terms of movement speeds during combat.

Also, please keep in mind that the reason you switched to Super Speed, according to you, was Speed Drain. Speed Drain isn't being touched Silver, so you should not be opposed to these changes. :)
    • Like x 2
  9. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Tunso, healer debuffs are still stripping healer shields. Is this intended?
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Not what I was referring to. I believe they all give you crowd control immunity.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Crowd control immunity. Any decent player makes sure they have that before performing something that could be screwed up by crowd control effects.
  12. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

I didn't say I switched to SS for speed drain. I do not know where you're getting your information but you need to stop calling me and KTS Silver. You clearly do not know who we are.
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

Seeing as how most 1v1 game types in the Arena are node based game types, it would not be smart to utilize this to escape in the Arena. In any game type where you are facing more than 1 enemy, it becomes exceedingly harder to achieve this during combat. So your argument still holds no merit in this particular discussion. Furthermore, both swoop and backflip can easily be fixed by making sure there is no split second gap that takes you out of combat upon use and allows you to go into fast movement. It would only be fair, since Super Speed does not have the ability to do this either.

It still does not change the fact, that back flip and swoop are used to escape, where as Flywheel can be used to kite AND escape, and Flywheel cost no power to utilize, while both Swoop and Backflip do have a power cost associated with them. That again is the main issue here, and the precise reason that flywheel is getting adjusted properly. There is a huge difference between kiting or escaping, and being able to utilize both at the same time. :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.