GU 41: PvP Season 3 Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yallander Loyal Player

That's great, however it is called a third person shooter--once again another totally different genre of game.

Don't try and make DCUO something it isn't. Its okay to play more than one game, especially if you like different types of combat :D.
    • Like x 1
  2. MoFriedChickens New Player

No offense taken, and none given but legends and actual player PVP are two completely different game modes.
    • Like x 2
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

No, it really isn't. There are different aspects to it, but pretty much every skill you learnt in legends can be directly applied to arenas especially if you're playing DPS.
    • Like x 3
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

Yes, it really is.

Up until this update it was more evidently so, but even with these changes, Legends and Arenas are completely different games.

While both have the counter system at its core, Arenas and engagements with your own character offer a much bigger diversity and opportunity to show different kind of skills and playstyles.

You never really understood that, I hope one day you will.. I am happy to hear you're more involved with Arena PvP lately, but it seems as if it would take a little longer for you to grasp what its really about, I would also recommend going out to open world / dueling a lot, unfair encounters are the best way to understand what im talking about.
    • Like x 2
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

Legends power management is much more forgiving than Arenas on test. They're very different.
    • Like x 3
  6. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Actually he is involved in arenas, people just don´t know it ... yet. :D

And just for the record, he was able to perform at top level in arenas. And i can tell the way he plays is.. different in a unique way. I won´t give the tip away because the way he does it makes it actually extremely dangerous. And is actually simple, just not many people play that way
    • Like x 1
  7. Soul Dedicated Player

I suggest you read what I wrote, again.

Also, Obviously he would perform well, he is arguably the best at countering in the PvP scene ._.
    • Like x 1
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

And what you don't understand souls is I was a dueler and a DPS before I ever played legends, and was considered the best on the server. I've always played arenas, but i assume you just ignore it.

I think you need to take your own advice :p

And guess where I got the inspiration for playing that way from? Legends, who'd have thought it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

So let me get this straight, you dueled in DPS, and you encountered the many possible ways of playing, including Heavy CC Trollers, Tanks, Healers, Hybrids and Self Healing Dpsers.. and you got to the conclusion that Legends and Engagements in your own character are the same?

(I left aside dirty tricks.. but meh)
    • Like x 1
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Read again "I was a dueler and a DPS" implying i was a dueler AND i played DPS in arenas.

Jeez....
    • Like x 2
  11. Soul Dedicated Player

I dont see why you cant answer my question still ._.
    • Like x 1
  12. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

You know the funny part? You´ve done way more competitive scrims (4s/5s) this days on test server than some people in USPC or some posters in this thread.
    • Like x 2
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Yes I encountered everything you stated, but the fact is the general way you play against them as a DPS (or at least, the way I play DPS) doesn't change. I use the same mind games, the same tricks, I farm immunity and I make the most of my chances to deal damage.

Coincedentally, the best arena players I've met were people who focused more heavily on legends. If there's not much crossover between the two, then why is this?

That's far too broad of a statement, it is both correct and incorrect. If you're utilising AM, certain powersets will never run out of power. For example, 2s/1s as a fire I don't even have to care about power management. Even in fives it's the same, but I personally don't like fire for 5s/4s dps as it pales in comparison to HL/Rage.

Eh, I'm used to it. Before I started playing on USPC/before I went to my first SOE Live everyone said the same things about me in legends. People will learn in time :p
    • Like x 2
  14. Soul Dedicated Player

We're not discussing what works for you, we're discussing whether theres a difference between the game modes - something I dont even feel requires proving, I'm simply amused by you trying to dumb it down for your own convenience..

If someone is good at legends its highly probable he'll be good in Arena PvP, because Counters are at its core, yet never were the only way to go in PvP, even this update that will make them more dominant then ever before, if you give it time, You'll see the exceptions. (My testing and others is already trying to narrow it down for your playing pleasure aswell, mostly for balance purposes rather then your misguided opinion tho ^^')

If you were only able to separate between the actual matter, and your ego, we would get along too.. haha :oops:

.. Haha.. "People will learn".. That has to be one tall tree..
    • Like x 1
  15. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Actually no, we aren't discussing if there's a difference, we're discussing how many of the skills you learn in legends can be directly applied to arenas. And everything that I have learnt in legends is easily applicable in arenas, this includes things like counter mechanic knowledge, conditioning, reading opponents, kiting, screen blocking, block breaking on reaction, rolling, how to block properly, counter punishment, how to maximise counter punishment and others.

Ego? Please inform me how stating the truth is ego? If anything, you're the one who seems to have a problem considering I never did anything to you but you got incredibly upset simply because I stated that immunity rewarded skill more and that counters in arenas don't hit very hard (which they didn't at the time, certainly not the case on live now :p).

Feel free to actually state something relevant and factual or counter any of the points I've made though, it'd be nice for this thread to get back on track.

Oh I'm already well aware of multiple things that you don't actually need a huge amount of counter knowledge for to make them incredibly powerful and utilise different playstyles. I'm pretty sure I've done much more extensive testing in 5/4/2/1 scrims than you as well as general testing, or most others for that matter. I would have done even more if there would have been more people on to test.

That being said, the best DPS classes/builds actually require a playstyle similar to the way you (should) play in legends (though the one can still be effective without countering).

But just as you said, I'll keep that one under wraps so you can figure out for yourself, because obviously everything I say is wrong :p
    • Like x 2
  16. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

I just want to confirm;

Support roles will sit at 135% damage modifiers permanently while DPS is at 100% but able to utilize higher modifiers?

Does anyone know?
  17. Soul Dedicated Player

noms!
  18. MoFriedChickens New Player

Well Clutch, you're entitled to your opinion, but legends is full of concrete characters with concrete choices, meaning you're going to encounter a certain amount of characters with set powers and possibilities. I think in arena's you will encounter more possibilities given that players can actually change their load-outs, modify their equipment to change their stats, and most importantly, de-buff opposing players and cleanse allied players. They are two completely different game modes. Also, the power consumption in legends is nowhere near the power consumption in Arena's.
    • Like x 2
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

Ehh, legends is a different game mode from arenas. Tanks, trollers, healers, debuffs, custom loadouts, different powersets, WM, AMs, etc. Yes, there are still counters in both.

The power scaling is more aggressive in arenas than in legends, and this is true even on live. This is just a fact and I don't see how having skill in legends changes this at all.

Perhaps they decided to make arenas more power-hungry because of the presence of trollers, idk. In general, though, you will be using powers less in arenas than in legends.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Man did people manage to take what I said out of context. All I had suggested was that what I've noticed is that people who focus heavily on arenas now have more issues with power management than those who play legends because, guess what? Legends requires better power management due to the lack of dedicated controllers and other items that can give power back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.