GU 41: PvP Season 3 Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Ehh, power management isn't hard at all in legends these days. As soon as you down your opponent your power bar refills extremely quickly, and you can spam more powers in a row in legends than you can in arenas.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Which once again was not my point. My point being that power management on test right now is closer to power management in legends. So by default legends players are going to be more used to managing their power.
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

How so?
  4. KillTheSilence New Player

Hey Sparty, I'd like to point out that you YOURSELF didn't test correctly, try getting immunity before doing swoop attack. ;)

PS.

Don't even try to make the argument that getting immunity, then using swoop attack is too hard.
    • Like x 3
  5. MoFriedChickens New Player

Ever been in a 1v1 or 2v2 arena without a troll?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but there are other ways in arenas, exclusive to arenas, to regenerate power.

Immunity doesn't work against grounding.
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm sorry I'm just not following you at all. I feel like you were implying that being skilled in legends would make you handle power better in arenas, but I'm not seeing any correlation. You could spam forward flip up to 8 times in a row in legends if you wanted to. But you can spam it only 7 times in arenas on live, or only 5 times on test. Legends is just more forgiving.

Yes you can have a supply drop now in arenas but that's going away. You might also have a troller with you in arenas, but you may not have one if you're doing 2s. In either event I think I'd rather have the massive out-of-combat regen and ability to actually use the 6 tray abilities on my bar that legends has.

Uh, what. Grounding is effective against all forms of kiting, what's your point? TBH I don't think Spartacus's video was very illustrative of anything either. If you're trying to kite with flight why would you float up 10 feet and just stay there? Why didn't it occur to anyone of them to use swoop or backflip after gaining immunity? Why does no one seem to realize that putting a dot on acro has no effect on its ability to kite straight up?

Frankly, I don't care if they adjust inertial flywheel. Adding grounds back is enough to make the entire issue moot.
    • Like x 5
  8. KillTheSilence New Player

Like I tried to say earlier, grounding isn't a valid argument for nerfing, buffing, or keeping a movement mode the same, since it affects all movement modes the same way... Completely shuts them off.

PS

I'll admit I may be contradicting one or two of my earlier posts. : / Still, it's true.
  9. KillTheSilence New Player

I'd be completely okay with the nerf on flywheel if they made dash attack a non-sc, and gave it a large cooldown. 60 seconds would be a good balance I think.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That right there is what I was getting at specifically. In combat you've got more options to regenerate power on live in arenas than you do in legends or in season 3. That's all I was saying. So if you want to get used to managing your power better in combat, legends is a good way to get used to it pre-season 3. Sheesh.

Firstly, you don't need to get immunity to kite with SS, so that already places it ahead of flight. Second off, skip to 2:50. They already went over how much better SS kiting is, even when your opponents are attempting to ground you/have grounded you.

Just so you both make the distinction here between myself and any one else, I'm fine with flywheel remaining, just not in it's current state. It should be treated like Acro in terms of the horizontal distance it can cover.

The issue with that is that it would still have the same characteristics as the other powers that are actual escape moves. If they were to adjust it so it would grant the same capabilities as backflip/swoop attack then I would be fine with it being a regular tray ability comparable to the aforementioned two powers.
    • Like x 6
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

Silver, your videos were discredited due to the fact, your tests were mostly conducted during PvE sessions on the Live server. However, those videos were completely discredited by Sparty's video, and now you are making yourself look worse by contradicting yourself by stating that Sparty and Clutch did not test right because he did not get immunity and then use swoop attack to super sonic away? Really, and you say it is us grasping at straws? HA!

Let me ask you, when does super Speed have to get immunity to utilize Flywheel to get away in combat? *Hint* Never.

So why does Flight have to get immunity to escape, or even Acro, and yet Speed does not? Bottom line, Flywheel is broken because it gives Speedsters an unfair advantage during combat, because it ignores the combat slow the other 2 movement modes are subjected to.

Is flywheel slowed in combat? Yes. Is it slowed enough to be on par with Flight or Acrobatics? No it is not, and that is what is getting fixed. Therefore your whole statement saying "all movement modes are balanced" is a complete contradiction for obvious reasons. Furthermore this video below proves yet again, as Jack Ryder says "You. Are. Wrong!". :)

P.S.

You said you were one of the people who switched to Speed for Speed Drain. Good news, Speed Drain is not being adjusted. Only Flywheel because it is broken and gives Speedsters an unfair advantage in PvP by ignoring the combat low Acrobatics and Flight are subjected to. So, based on the "real" reason you switched to Speed, you should have no problems with Flywheel getting fixed properly. :)
  12. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

That's not Silver. You have a clear vendetta against SS. We get it.

Also, the reason why flight has the advantage most of the time isn't just range. It makes combat awareness hard because you have to look up instead of looking at the whole field. I would rather just see all movement modes grounded while in combat if we're going to keep bickering for days here. Honestly I have my opinions. Flight / Acro have their clear advantages. Both of them have escape maneuvers that aren't super charges.
    • Like x 2
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, you really can't use those to effectively escape outside of a 1v1, and even in 1v1's they're extremely limited.
  14. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

How can you allow acrobatics and flight to have non supercharge escape maneuvers and not super speed? Dash attack is flight's swoop / acro's backflip. How can you argue that dash attack needs to stay a super charge? At this point, I'm fine with the nerf / "fix" as long as dash attack gets brought into line to be an escape maneuver for super speed.
    • Like x 1
  15. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Oh really, then you definitely aren't aware of how much SPAM use to kite and escape with backflips. Launching roll also can send you right into movement as long as you're not countered.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You must not have seen how grounding works against those. I suggest watching Sparty's video.

EDIT: Grounding, or AoE damage, or DoTs. Or another player.
  17. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

If you're trying to throw grounding in there then what's the issue with inertial flywheel? when you're grounded it doesn't work right?
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You really didn't watch the video did you? It goes over how IF can still be effective even when your opponents are trying to ground you. Which is a massive advantage over other movement modes.
  19. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

So you're still not getting it. What is wrong with dash attack not being a super ?
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

In its current state, it acts exactly like flight's and acro's actual escape moves. Not just the ones that put it into movement mode. In order for it not to be a supercharge, it would have to exactly mimic the effects of swoop attack and backflip and nothing more. And for the record, I'm completely ok with that.

However, once again, you really can't reliably use those in arenas or any fight involving more than one person to get away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.