GU 31 Camera Change

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by NegativeMass, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blinx New Player

Played around in Wastelands doing missions. When I'd go to activate a cog the camera would zoom in close. Problem is, since everything is clustered too close, I'd draw aggro and be attacked and could see what was attacking. I'd have to manually zoom (while getting attacked). It was more annoying than fun so after a couple times, I just left.
  2. Huo Yuanjia New Player

I don't like how the camera zooming in & out especially zooming in can't see anything around you
  3. NegativeMass Developer

I have good news and bad news about the fix for the camera zooming problem in GU 31.

Good News
    • I've completed my fix for the main problem with the camera zooming in and out while in movement mode and targeting large enemies, and we will start testing it soon.
    • I also managed to get the camera to remember your desired camera zoom distance so that it won't reset every time you load a new area (though it does start at a default value when the game first loads).
    Bad News
    • Because of how much testing this fix needs and the current timing windows for the next client update, this will probably not make it to live for a few weeks.
    • All of my efforts have been to fix the main problem, and I have not had time to work on any other wish list items, like an option to hide your character to help in filming machinima.
    I'm sorry that the fix has taken so long. The problem was more complicated than I originally thought, and it required a lot of rework. I was really trying to get it out to live sooner. In the mean time, you can work around the issue by getting out of movement mode when the camera is acting bad. I appreciate your patience with this issue.
    • Like x 11
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You rock so much. Thanks for explaining the situation and looking forward tot he fix.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

If we had a slider option in the settings for what that default value was...all stars would align! Otherwise, FANTASTIC NEWS!
  6. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Ty and sounds like a lot of work. Make sure they pay you by the hour. Still good job.
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Hello! Do not know if I've commented on this, but today I saw a problem in Foz1!
    The problem happened in PVE, USPC and enter the portal.
    Right at the beginning of the estancia when the Super opens the way.
    The camera just went mad. As I approached an enemy the camera began to change from nothing by removing the view from inside the cave out of it. Or playing the vision to heaven, etc..
    I had the maximum distance the camera to try and ease, but even so it was almost impossible to get around.
    I asked the staff of the league and all reported that they were having the same problem.
    And the problem has spread throughout the first path. Only the first boss that things are back to normal.
  8. NegativeMass Developer

We are aware of this issue and investigating the problem. Initial investigation points towards a collision problem specific to that area that is confusing the camera, rather than a systemic camera problem.
    • Like x 3
  9. Longshot Well-Known Player

I am on PS4 and I noticed in Paradox and Nexus ,at times and especially when using psychic empowerment my camera would zoom all the way in and than back out to where I had it. It is mostly annoying when trying to avoid attacks.
  10. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Yeah probably thinks that a lip in the floor is a wall. Just like how in superspeed if you walk over anything stiking up out of the ground your character completely changes direction and it reverse's your controls untill you move the stick in back and forth real quick. As well as supply drop's not working if your standing in the same spots.
  11. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Are you super speed?
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Read the thread :p
    He's addressed it, sounds like it's fixed, but just needs a full patch.
  13. Longshot Well-Known Player

Yes, I am superspeed.
  14. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Anytime you get controlled as a superspeed character it happens. As well as a few other instances.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Play without movement mode it'll stop that issue. When you're in movement mode it's resetting the camera to that distance. It's annoying, but there's the work around, and the fix is otw.
  16. Seni New Player

I completely understand, the other camera issues were a priority, but it nice to know that it is at least on your radar. This alone makes me happy.
    Thank you for your continued efforts. I know it been a bit of a bumpy road with the GU31 and PS4 launch. I very much look forward to the hide character feature that may (or may not) make it to Live in the future. I hope it gets signed off by the people that it requires to be signed off by. Jens, I'm looking at you!
    • Like x 3
  17. Fultyman New Player

I don't like this new update,they provide a few things,I not only about t5 but about all the other missions,and provide little marks
  18. Fultyman New Player

and make sure to let such things,for example:if a player controller,you will give him things to the controller and the damage
  19. Fultyman New Player

:(I hope you reply to my complaint
  20. Fultyman New Player

I don't like turning the mouse wheel,before it was more convenient,you can choose your desired size
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.