GU 31 Camera Change

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by NegativeMass, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Use the /rest emote, rotate the camera so you are looking at your character's face, then zoom in.

Trade secret!
    • Like x 4
  2. KRR New Player

Ive been a member since Jan 2013. Ive seen every kind of comment from "elitism" to Free players bickering about about this and that because of the weather or maybe they had a bad night at the school dance. It is important to know that cynicism, hyper critical opines and other rants and rages are so very sophomoric. I have dealt with being kicked, hung out to dry (knocked out) and a list of other indicative immature child like personalities and have come to one conclusion...Put on your big pants and deal with the privilege you are given to be able to play such an awesome game. Too many crybabies making stinks about a game is a testament to a society of entitlement and spoiled brats without a grasp on reality. It reminds me of the days when Dungeons and Dragons was peaking in popularity and characters quickly forgot how to separate reality from fiction. I am an ATARI generation player that thinks this game and its allowance are TOTALLY AWESOME. Yeah, there is some unfairness and "dirt bag" behavior on forums and in real time play, it's the nature of the beast when you have literally the entire world playing this game but grown ups know how to work with it. DEVS...you guys catch a lot of crap because a handful of titty babies living off of grandmas fixed income dont like everything you do. (scoff) You guys are doing a fantastic job and Im glad to see you are all going forward and onward. I look forward to new developments and missions as I evolve with my character. (ROWDY ROB) I have progressed to a now CR 95 and have no idea what my PS is. Dont care either. Its a game and I love coming home to it every day. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLAS!!!
  3. Seni New Player

Thank you for your kind words. Your now making us give away trade secrets! :p
    As Tess said that is one method we use. That method gives a "fixed position camera" in which we can pan the camera almost anywhere within 180 degrees. Thats the basic principle of it. We then use similar methods to get moving shots but though they can be a bit more tricky.

Your understanding with this matter, which probably only applied to a small percentage of players is much appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Sen
    • Like x 1
  4. SuperiorMouse New Player

thank you. it's always annoyed me that zooming puts me inside my characters' skull.
  5. Gokaigerbay New Player

not a fan of the way the camera is acting in Dox during the tyrant fight.
    Celestial, and everytime I start doing a combo, it zooms in and out during each tap or hold sequence. And blocking ends up forcing the zoom as well.
  6. yssandra Active Player

Well i made a little Video about this issue:

(well its not only this, but also the tyrant problem)
    you see the camera zooming in and out
    Edit: I play with mouse and keyboard
    • Like x 2
  7. NegativeMass Developer

Well, yssandra, all I know is that, to me, you look like you're having fun! Maybe the camera would like to move in just a little bit closer, though. :p
    • Like x 2
  8. yssandra Active Player

Yeah i always need to watch out when it comes :p
  9. Bobburt Committed Player

Glad there's a thread about it.

This is just me going in and out of superspeed.

• Like x 2
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

All's I know is this new camera system was messing us up in paradox tonight it was zooming in and getting stuck it needs to be fixed asap.
  11. A1var3z New Player

12. Dj_T New Player

I only have 1 issue, When tanking the camera zooms to first person and gets stuck when objects or adds are around the character. Makes it hard to tank trying to fix the cam to zoom out again every few seconds.
  13. mistersting New Player

The quicker camera is extremely useful for Can't Stop. Sadly doesn't make it seem any less random, but at least I can keep an eye on the speeding loons. Three or four presses rather than about ten is a great improvement.
  14. NegativeMass Developer

I'm still working on the fix for this issue, and it is taking longer than I had hoped. I do have a workaround though. If you turn off movement mode, the camera will stop zooming in and out when fighting large enemies. I realize that this is inconvenient, but it is at least an option until I can get a permanent fix pushed to live. I appreciate your patience.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Did you check your PMs?
  16. NegativeMass Developer

Yes. You were on the right track, but it's not just being grounded, and not just in Paradox. When you are in movement mode targeting any large enemy and get temporarily knocked out of movement mode because of grounding, stuns, knock back, etc. the camera is resetting certain parameters in a way that is causing the unnecessary zoom. When movement mode comes back on automatically, those parameters get reset again, and you get more zoom. That's why turning off movement mode in these kinds of fights will work around this problem for now. Your camera won't change, so it will be stable. Once I get my fix out to live, you won't need to worry about the work around.

Thanks for the tip. I'm well past reproducing the bug now. My fix is almost complete.
    • Like x 4
  17. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Whenever you get grounded that camera goes all crazy.

I liked the old camera system better.
  18. iLLusion New Player

Check the post right above you.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Here's an alternative to consider. Instead of making the current distance save, which you mentioned is problematic, consider giving us a slider option for defining what the default zoom is. If it resets every time we zone, we would have control of what it resets to. That might be faster to implement and would probably take care of the lion's share of what people are wanting.
  20. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol good catch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.