Test Discussion GU 103: Tank Balance

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juggurnaut Level 30

Your heals won’t provide enough back if you’re only running one combo. So you have to choose. Use the power mechanic to heal yourself using 2 combos or go the shield route which you’re suggesting. Optimal is debatable.
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You are using thermochemical off cooldown tho

Using 2 combos won't give you any more heals back than using 1, the only advantage to 2 is if you get interrupted mid combo in the 1st which this update to atomic has taken steps to correct in increasing the resistance and aura duration.
    • Like x 1
  3. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I watched the new artifact vid.
    Will you be uploading test footage of all theses changes in a raid?
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

At the time that was the hardest content to tank, find me another video on youtube where the tank isn't kiting across the entire back half of the room or sky tanking in the air. Tanking as atomic (which hasn't changed on live server since that video) could sit and juggle just fine without kiting and using the powers you seem to dislike so much. If you are doing fine with an inferior loadout then there really shouldn't be any complaints about atomics needs for increased healing. You are taking damage needlessly by overlapping stuns and having npcs immune much faster that wouldn't be the case with the other rotation, thus reducing your need for heals.
  5. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Elemental does buff only defense n damage but what u r overlooking is that ice shields have a damage cap it's not really time based and elemental does make it so dont have to worry about shields as much because of all the buffed defense. As for reignition it was a 25% and it was used over shields wen it was because a shield won't save if u r at 15% health but a big bursts heal will keep u alive long enough to recover and eternal flame not sure how it works now but I used to be able to pop it in elite and sit there not hitting any powers or blocking and never die or even come close to dying
  6. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Not sure if it's been looked into but have u guys changed being able to block mid combo rather then having to wait for animation
  7. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Sounds more like Opinion and not a valid one at that cuz atom splitter isnt only about heals provides crowd control as well as 360 pull or battle tank with it has nothing to do with insecurities
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m sorry but you are wrong. If you give adds in CURRENT elite raids immunity often than you make it so you can’t cc them and in return they hit you more. That is not a matter of opinion. It’s simple tanking facts. The more often that you use the same time of cc move on a target the faster they gain resistance and the faster they gain immunity. By rotating none stop between 2 forms of cc the faster you give them immunity. This is why end game atomic tanks don’t run 2 forms of combos. Even if you don’t want to run HLS you are better off running something else in that slot and sticking to just thermochemical.
    • Like x 1
  9. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

If u r referring to atomic tanking adds in CrownE with atomic and not kiting. I used to face tank the adds or bosses with splitter and thermal and I never kited I did rotate chronos I've always been a face tank and always will be cept wit fire lol tried n I hate new fire mechanic fire ain't supposed be shield based that's wat ice is 4 so put fire back. Anywho back on topic only time I will kite is if I'm soloing adds and boss in elite raids. I dont have vids tho because I didnt think it was anything special to face tank adds or bosses
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you’re saying you face tanked all the adds in CoTe in the ground than I can’t believe you. Unless you ONLY had the adds and the other tank had all bosses or you had 2 other tanks for the bosses. I thats the case than that’s different. But if you did the 2 tank method than I have to assume you are over exaggeration. Or you tanked in the air which is different.
  11. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

I'm not wrong u just have to know how to use splitter ur not always supposed finish the combo with splitter that way it only stuns and not knockback and the pull also provides a rotational stun. Thermal is ur knockback. I dont need a breakdown of cc mechanics I know how it works. Another thing to consider is what stuns the troll is using because that will factor in the immunities given to npc or just countering wrong or being countered and if the adds become immune then use ur shield aka density till it wears off. Also theres no reason why would u be spamming combos on adds when u stun or knock back or juggle u wait a few secs before using it again anyone still spamming cc's needs more tanking experience
  12. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Nope no flying I hate that garbage method of tanking I'm acro and yea I faced tank the adds only . No kiting or I would face tank all the bosses only no flying. That's why I said the only way I will kite is if in solo tanking everything in the room
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's just furthering an off topic conversation but its just conjecture now as obviously you don't have any videos showing you doing something which you believe was too easy to show despite it being the contrary but im sure there are some amazing villain tanks among the tiny population and you could be one of them.

What is actually documented is that it doesn't matter how you use atom splitter, each combo of AS will have a CC effect and each instance of a CC effect being used outside of thermochemical and chrono's will lead to each and every npc becoming immune which then leads the npc's to ignore the cc effect of thermochemical, which npc's become immune to much slower because its not a stun. If you are doing "fine" and doing all these amazing things as an Atomic tank then that just proves unequivocally that atomic tanking is in a good spot and doesn't need any adjustments to its healing as suggested in this thread because you are intentionally using a rotation that will directly leads you to take unnecessary damage and still can complete and solo elite content.
    • Like x 1
  14. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

We are only talking about cc n immunities in terms of healing it could use a slight buff for boss tanking purposes cant juggle a boss but one of the other issues is being able to block,roll, lunge or block break on command mid combo animation that def needs an adjustment
  15. Analytics New Player

Sounds like a nice addition for Ice @batuba regarding the shield cool down. Any new little wrinkle to add about earth and Aftershock tanking. The healing added to brick is great so thanks.
  16. Vindex Active Player

Power Changes
    • Increased damage of Crystal to match Fury.
    • Offering and Fortify Golem now grant 100% power to its target instantly.
    • Reduced channel time of Fury’s Channel attack.
    • Fixed issue where B.O.P. Commlink would sometimes not grant Damage Reduction Debuff.
    • Fixed issue where Birds’ Blitz did not generate Supercharge.
    • Fixed issue where Siphon Weakness from BOP Commlink would not proc on DoTs.
    • Crystal now only uses power on his highest damage attack.
    I would like to commend Mepps, Batuba, and all the Developers involved in this latest detailed fix/balance.
  17. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

If this is official then good but ur on the tank updates thread put it in pet balance thread so ppl can see it
  18. Vindex Active Player

19. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Since they’re going to be nerfing The health stacking for range by 50% and stripping away another 5% of its defense are they at least going to be fixing remorseless recovery?
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Those nerds aren’t actually that much. It was meant to bring it a little more in line with the other tanking powers. It’s still the top power for tanking even after the changes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.