Gotham TV Premiere!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Davon (Crisis Core), Sep 22, 2014.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Let me ask you this: have you ever read or heard about 'Fishpaste Baloney' prior to this series?
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is that Gruber guy an official DC character? Or just another 'Fishwaste' created just for the show?
    • Like x 1
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Fish Mooney was created for the show. She has never existed in the DC Universe before.

Gruber was an alias, his name was Jack Buchinsky. He is The Electorutioner, a real character though in the comics his first name is Lester.

Being that Gotham is a look at a possible history of the city before Batman, letting us see a fuller picture of why he was needed, there will be a mix of existing and original to the show characters.
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That was the point was making about Fisheye: she ain't gonna make it to the end of the series, specially seeing how Penguin takes over from Maroni, there is no way he would let her live

It's good that we have some original characters, it means it's safe to do a GoT with them and it won't mess up the 'real' stories :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if she starts making appearances in the comics at some point. She is definitely someone that it doesn't matter what Penguin wants she will live or die or whatever on her own terms.

With the new characters that Gotham brings to the table there's no telling what the possibilities are for future comic book stories.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You trying to say that 'Fishy Aftertaste' is as popular as Harley Quinn? o_O
    • Like x 1
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well that is a rather large leap you took there but it is quite interesting that you brought up Harley.

Harley Quinn herself is a T.V. creation and not a comic book one. She was introduced to the world in September of 1992 on Batman: The Animated Series and was so liked she started appearing in comics with in the next year. So this shows that any character that shows promise on Gotham could continue on past the show.

On a side note, I'm curious. Why is it that you seem to go out of your way to not write a characters proper name?

Sometimes I could understand that you didn't know it but when the correct name is written in a response to what you have said you still make sure to alter it. You writing Harley's name correct is one of the first times I think I've seen you do that.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That was exactly why mentioned Harley
    Can't stand Fishfry and refuse to spell it correctly
    • Like x 1
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

Well there is probably a few ways to explain why Batman never faced off against her... Death... Imprisonment... Going into hiding(Would be funny if she turned out to be this universes Amanda Waller)
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Knew Penguin would get his Fishsteaks eventually :D
    Is it just me, or does anyone else believe that Falcone may have spared Liza's life if she had admitted to knowing Fishpaste before? He would have still banished her because Fishy had put her up to it, but by lying sealed her fate
    And that crock of crocs Fishy said? How she only did it because she respected Falcone and wanted to save him? o_O

Poor little rich girl! The question remains: did her mommy disown her because she shacked up with Jimbo? Or did she shack up with Jimbo because her mommy disowned her? Case of 'which came first?'

Also, is it just me, or does that other cop seem more creepy than Nygma? And please, don't turn him into some nutter stalker, he is crazy, but never pictured him as being a stalker
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just remembered: The Electro-cutioner was defeated... by a cup of water? o_O
    • Like x 1
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

Yeah, that would be interest. I just assume she gets killed eventually since she isn't part of Gotham lore. But, you never know, look what happen to Harley Quinn.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Let's hope Vic does a better job 'playing' with Butch than 'Bob' did with that Fishwaste

Rule number 1 when it comes to 'playing' with someone: make sure they can not run, slice their Achilles tendon or remove their kneecaps, that way, even if they do get rescued, they are done and finished

Rule number 2: no one enters, no one leaves until 'playtime' is finished, anyone dares interrupt had better have a damn good reason or they are next

Wonder how Maroni is going to handle the news that Pengie was working for Falcone

And Lil Bruce screwed up by trying to 'domesticate' the Cat: if he hadn't said that about her living there being better, she may have decided to hang around, the sooner he stops being a spoilt little rich ***** the better... oh wait, he never stops, does he, he just grows up to be a bigger spoilt rich *****
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, and whatever happens to Demarco's (or whatever the name of that weaselly rat is) family, is entirely on him, not Gordon
    • Like x 1
  15. Faust74 Loyal Player

I know I am late to the party on this one. I do my Tv watching on Hulu+, so I tend to let my queues build up till I am in the mood to sit & watch Tv for awhile.

Anyways, I watch episode 16: The Blind Foturne Tell and they had their take on Joker. Personally, I kinda like this possible origin of Joker before he became the Clown Prince of Crime we all love. His Mother was a Hoochie Snake Charmer, his Father a Blind Fortune Teller that worked & travelled with the same Circus that the Flying Greysons performed. I like hold it all ties in. A much better back story than anything DC comics try to pin on the Joker.

The guy did a pretty good job in being a creepy psychotic with a very twisted sense of humor. Oh and how about that. They pick a Red Head to play as a crazy & unstable person. Coincidence? ;)

• Like x 2
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nope, that ain't Lil Joker, he's just some random nutblow
    • Like x 1
  17. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That is the bestest news, thank you Monty! :D
    • Like x 1
  19. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Your welcome
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Shame about Maroni, really liked him :(

And were we really supposed to believe that Fish-by-product and that Pirate were really going to go at it tooth and scales? Fish-lips sounded like she was in heat! :eek:
    • Like x 1