Goth leggings, please come back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Currently sitting on a pile of fate tokens, now motivated not to spend any.
    • Like x 1
  2. Stardazer Committed Player

I think this is a fantastic idea! Espeically since we'll be able to preview the items before purchasing.
    I also have TONS of Fate Token just sitting in my inventory, so I'd happily spend them on these.
    • Like x 1
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

These are now on PC Test for your previewing pleasure.
    • Like x 11
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

ZOOOOOEEEE PLEASE!!
    • Like x 6
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

High five to that! Sometimes, it's the little things that make a big difference!
    • Like x 3
  6. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I just downloaded the test server now, I guess I haven't been on the test server since water came out.. :D

But anyhow, I just checked them out with all 3 new skins, changed skins colors, etc and they seem to work just fine.

I'll leave the image posting to Zoe, but as far as I can see they look exactly like the older style, but now work with the newer skins. Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  7. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Works great!

[IMG]

Details for those into 3D design
    • The old nets used an alpha channel to achieve true transparency.
    • The newer skins also use an alpha channel(s) (it seems like it's layered) to give the illusion of more detailed geometry & contrast. Putting an alpha on alpha caused it to go black.
    • The workaround that seemed to be used for new nets is they removed the alpha so that it's no longer transparent. Instead, the parts that represent the skin just get forced to the color you picked for the skin. This should look correct in most cases, but the FX type skins like chrome or glow won't retain those traits... because the new net is not really transparent. In those cases, you would just use the old one.
    • Like x 10
  8. FeSantiago New Player

Looks amazing
    • Like x 1
  9. Dilios Well-Known Player

It's happening!!

EDIT.: PS4, pleaaaase!! :D
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh I forgot about the weird blurry texturing where the fishnets meet the panty area (if that's the correct term for it). :(
    • Like x 2
  11. Eve YouTuber

I heard my name xD
    I made a video if this helps:
    • Like x 5
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Compared to some of the other issues with older styles, this is small potatoes. At least they don’t get partially absorbed into the skin underneath them. I really wish they’d fix some of that because I find those styles much more to my liking. There’s nothing wrong with the newer styles from an objective standpoint, but I much prefer the classic comic looks.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I retract this comment. I thought the blurring was still on the new version, but it actually is not and has been fixed.
    • Like x 2
  14. Stardazer Committed Player

Oh, this is great to hear! I have been trying to zoom into Zoe's video to see if those little pixels around the crotch area were still missing. :D I'm glad they fixed that on the new version!
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

hallelujah

I actually got into an argument with someone about this years ago. They believed that pixelation was supposed to be frilly lace and had been roleplaying their character running around in lingerie. They were so angry when I told them it was just noise on a low res texture that needed to be fixed. Huge drama for such a dumb thing.

The updated pieces are actually on the live server for people to check (if they had them already) I believe. I was looking at them a few days ago on an alt and noticed they'd been updated.
  16. Dilios Well-Known Player

I'm counting the days. Every day I visit Doctor Fate. lol
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’m really excited for this and the new Star Sapphire themed styles. I look forward to any new styles for women instead of male styles repurposed for women.
  18. Stardazer Committed Player

I just checked these out on the live server. I think the Net legging looks updated (the pixels are gone), but the sheer net still has the skin colouration issue. Doesn't look like it was updated for the new skins yet.

I hope it's very soon - I have all these style ideas ready in my head. :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Thank you. I only looked at the one set so I shouldn't have said "them" for clarity and was thinking of "stockings" in general in the plural. Oops. The set I noticed was the one that takes colour in the netting. I can never remember which set is named which.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yes.
    I see the NPCs with high heels all the time, and every time I feel envious. LOL
    • Like x 3