Gamepad Target Lock

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Tesseract Prime, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Byren Well-Known Player

see my post above...you have the option you are asking for...
  2. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Yea, I play with an x box controller and there is a target lock setting. This already exists. Atleast on pc. im not sure about ps.
  3. ASH New Player

nope, on keyboard you only have to push tab lock. on a gamepad you need to hold the button to keep the target locked.
  4. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Which system are you on?

I'm on the PC using the LogiTech Dual Action Controller, and I don't have to hold down my targeting button. When I click it, it locks on a target. When I click it again, it moves from that target to some other random target (I have no idea how it figures where it wants to go next).
    I definitely don't have to hold it down to maintain a lock.

I've programmed the "Tab" key for the target lock. But this means that I've programmed a TAB-press and TAB-release in my profiler.

If you want my controller configuration info for the LogiTech Dual Action Controller/Game Pad it is here ::

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...pad-dual-action-controller-how-to-use.165296/
  5. Byren Well-Known Player

you should check the settings...i dont recall exactly where it is, but there is an option for target lock on/off...turn it on...then use the left bumper when you want to release the target lock...next target you attack will re-lock the target

i do not have to hold the target for lock...with target lock turned on in settings (as mentioned in my first post), i lock onto first target i attack, then have to switch with Dpad or release via left bumper...

i think you may want to test it out before saying it doesnt work, eh?
  6. ASH New Player

you are talking about auto lock dude.
    and please keep such stupid sentences like your last one for yourself, eh!
  7. ASH New Player

i just was on test server and tried everything with an xbox 360 gamepad and i can confirm tesseracts intro post. i havent noticed any change for gamepad targeting.
  8. Byren Well-Known Player

then why dont you actually test it before you say 'nope'?!? ... because it DOES work ... you may want to think twice about what you are calling stupid if you dont even test the things you say are not working...
  9. ASH New Player

lol i keep testing it everyday and there was no change at all....
  10. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Are you running a profile that you configured on the controller or are you running the configuration as it is set-up through the game?

I have my controller set up to bypass the game's controller configurations. As far as DCUO is concerned, my controller looks like second mouse and keyboard.

I have my LogiTech controller set-up in global configuration so it even looks like a second mouse and keyboard to my computer.

----
    Since I put set my Profiler in to global configuration - sometime in July or August, I have never had the problem with the target lock not locking and remaining locked when I click on it. I do not have to hold the button down to retain a target lock.

(I did +1 the first post - I'm going to check it to make sure that I did - I'm just trying to help out with the information on how I resolved my controller issues with DCUO on the PC)
  11. Byren Well-Known Player

setup through game...from game launchpad
  12. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I'd see if you can find a way to circumvent the in-game system.
    I'm assuming that you just did plug-and-play with the X-box controller and aren't using any interface at all other than the games?
    I don't play with an x-box controller, but you might want to do a search and see if Microsoft has a profiler that you can using for configuring it that might have an option similar to the global settings on my Logitech Dual Action Controller.

If the issue has been going on this long, I would expect that someone using an X-Box controller is going to have to dig up the solution and share it with community the way I spent time to document my post in regard to the Logitech Dual Action Controller ( https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...pad-dual-action-controller-how-to-use.165296/ )
    The DEVS didn't look into it when I was having issues; at least not before I was able to find a solution and posted it to help the community.
  13. Byren Well-Known Player

im not having the 'issue' others seem to be complaining about...everything works fine as its supposed to...i have target lock 'on' in settings...i lock onto a target...when i want to switch targets, i either d-pad to switch or left bumper to release lock until i attack something else...
  14. Byren Well-Known Player

what exactly are you doing? when you have a target locked, can you switch to a different target with d-pad? what happens when you have a target locked and you hit left bumper?
  15. ASH New Player

your way only works when you have auto lock enabled. but then you have the problem that it can target anything and you have to cycle through targets which can be annoying in a heavy crowded phase with pillars and stuff.

when i have autolock off, i have to hold LB to keep the target locked. fact! kifflom
  16. Byren Well-Known Player

yes, but with target lock ON, you can release the target lock with left bumper (fact!)

the system does not auto-hard-target...you have to either attack or LB to set the lock.

what exactly are you asking for here? it seems to me you have the capability to do exactly what you want with target lock set ON.

you get the benefit of target lock without having to hold LB all the time...and you get the free roam capability until you attack (well, you can set the target with LB too)

if you want free-floating targeting, then keep the setting off, but you're gonna have to hold a button in those scenarios where you want a specific target locked on.
  17. HermanRuth New Player

How about Lair 2v2 battles. Why does the chat menu pop up always come up when I attempt to switch targets? It happens in other arenas, but Lairs is a special kind of broken
    • Like x 1
  18. Skiwattentotten New Player

I sympathize with you... to me the perfect solution would be where WHILE I'm holding L1 to lock on I could hit d-pad left or right to switch targets. The auto-lock target feature sounds like it would be nice, but I just found it completely annoying.

At the same time, I disagree that it's difficult to hold L1 and use R1, R2, squares and triangles... maybe slightly difficult to hit L2 at the same time, but you can drop L1 for a short period and you'll remain locked on target.

It doesn't feel completely natural at first, but I promise after playing a little while you won't even notice it.
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

lol I'm so used to not being able to target it's not a big deal anymore, if it's an add then i'll just do whatever to kill it, if it's a boss i'll range it, as long as I see a name I'm cool.
  20. Chris72Lynch New Player

He's not talking about 'auto target on'.

If you have that on, it will auto target mobs, and will almost always pick the furthest away mob, which is why you turn Auto Target to Off. Auto Target On might appear to do what he is asking, but, it's not, because he is not trying to AUTO target anything.

He just wants to manually target mobs, but leave the targeting reticle or graphic on the Mob, and not hold down the L1 button on the PS4 controller.