Gamepad Target Lock

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Tesseract Prime, Apr 8, 2013.

1. AdamSwine New Player

yeah. target lock-on game-pads is dis-functional. please improve. ^_^
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Side effect of using a 360 controller where the dpad is idiotically placed down low. This element was likely designed with the PS3's controller setup in mind, with easy access to L1 and the dpad within the same range of motion of a single thumb.
    • Like x 1
  3. AdamSwine New Player

it would be cool to at the very least see an option that allows us to change Target Lock-on to a toggle. without it being toggle... it's rather useless. someone going to have to design a special button to place over L1 for a manual toggle. LOL! :p
  4. chubbychase New Player

From another thread. I use a xbox 360.

5. Ysil69 New Player

+1000 for this. I get so annoyed holding down the target button. And the auto target thing doesn't work well at all. I want to be able to manually select my target, then lock on.
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

I see plenty of players chiming in about Auto Lock. It is similar to the desired effect of Target Lock, but isn't as easy to do when there is mass chaos going on or you need to switch targets fast with an Xbox controller. I refuse to use a D-pad to cycle my targets. Just doesn't feel comfortable, and slows the fast combat down. As a dps, I don't need to hard lock my targets most of the time, so its not an issue. As a tank, it absolutely blows that I have to use Auto to get anywhere. I lose bosses in a sea of adds if I don't have it on. There has to be a happy medium.
    Possible solution....hold L1 to initiate Target Lock. Tap to cycle targets. Hold again to end. Doesn't get much easier than that.
    • Like x 2
  7. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Dear SOE-Dev, please, we REALLY need a fix for that. :(

I experience more and more situations, where I as gampad-user have a disadvantage to other players, because I can't target lock.

Examples:
    Want to interrupt Zatanna in L+W, when she does her one-shot-attack: lunging an add instead
    Want to interrupt Carol's Beam in L+W, that stuns and kills team-mates while reviving: lunging an add instead
    Want to interrupt a boss in Necro, so he doesn't get the artifact buff: lunging the artifact instead

This is not just an inconvenience anymore, it's becoming gamebraking, if I can't support my Team anymore in the way, that I should, because I can't lock and easily switch the target like a M/K-player.

Please, PLEASE find a solution for it!
    We allready waited long enough for something to happen!!! :(
    • Like x 4
  8. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

While on the topic it would also be nice to have an option for the camera to follow the lock on so for example when you quantum tunnel you can stay looking at your target, would really be amazing on the PvP side but overall that would be just swell
  9. SPAM Level 30

awesome idea. and please add a cycle target option like PC. wouldn't mind unbinding one of the D-pad button for this feature. would be very useful since changing targets is really horrible on PS.
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

We need this+1
  11. magmar126 New Player

This!
    Hopefully something will be done in a future update, it's getting really annoying indeed, especially when playing as Tank.
  12. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

This has been an issue for a long time. I requested this through the in game feedback section in 2011; however, I don't know if that even mattered.
  13. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

Why does it seem like this is never happening? With the announcement of cross-play possibly coming soon, this is a must. Please give this another look.
    • Like x 1
  14. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

The only thing I dislike about DCUO on the PS4 is the targeting. PC has much better targeting functionalities, and I play on both servers.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

I always hold down L1 to stay locked. Although it's kind of a pain and I would much rather have an easier way to target lock. But if it doesn't change it won't effect me.
  16. Treskar Committed Player

RUN PS3 game pad on a PS3. Run an XBOX game pad on the PC.
    *THIS IS FOR BOTH unless in gold.

OPTIONS
    SETTINGS
    **TAB** TARGETING

AUTO LOCK ***SET TO ON*** hold L1 then release to HARD LOCK then LEFT CONTROL PAD BUTTON to CYCLE<<will not bring up SOCIAL if hard locked>>
    tap L1 to release hard lock

YOU CAN, hold L1 and press LEFT CONTROL PAD to CYCLE if HARD LOCK causes more problems

****WASD MODE is for PC only. Reticle will target what is in front of you CAN use with auto lock on targeting if HOLD TAB to then tap TAB to cycle.

NOW if this was about getting the ability to configure your controllers keyboards for a different selection of buttons.
    YES!
    YYYESSS!!
    yes.

17. Chuckwolf New Player

About camera movement with a gamepad I found a neat workaround that makes movement a lot funner, When setting up the controller in the launcher do everything normally, except when it tells you to move the right stick to the right, instead move the left stick to the right, the same as you did before. The will make the camera rotate as you move the left stick left and right so you actually turn to face that direction. Does wonders, at least for me, right stick can still be used for up/down camera movement if needed. As far a targeting, try WASD mode with the controller, with auto lock either on or off as preferred.
  18. LazyGuy New Player

I don't have any problem with the target lock on controller. Don't bother me holding L1 and other buttons at the same time.
  19. Morsy808 Committed Player

The most ridiculous part about this feature is the absurdity of the targets you automatically lock onto. For instance, I'll be approaching and facing a boss who is 5 feet away, go to swing and my toon turns around to strike some barrel or scenery that's 20 feet behind him. Besides making me look a right plum, its detrimental to the player.

Also, another control related irritation, when using flashes high speed movement, when climbing a wall that joins onto a ceiling of some kind, the up and down controls reverse when you get to the ceiling, so I often find myself running up and down walls instead of running in a straight line.

When you run up a wall holding the analogue stick forwards, your toon runs up the wall, briefly touches the celing, then turns around to run back down again.
  20. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I transfered that bug over to the issue-tracker:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-1174