Game Update 38 Preview Livestream: Batman75!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Novaks New Player

Thank you guys for the new (free) skin I truly appreciate it. I''m also excited for the upcoming batmans, hopefully you will do the same for my favorite superhero superman and superboy. Again, thanks for all you do.
    • Like x 3
  2. FirestormX5 New Player

hello Guys it would be good to add some superman skins and other heroes i would love to see Firestorm, Capt Atom, many more in legends, might also be nice to even update all the NPC characters to their latest comic editions though i know this maybe hard. keep up the good work
    • Like x 1
  3. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

150 MoL for a reskin? I don't play so much i'm swimming in MoL...guess i'll just save up for something else...
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well yeah I fully expect it to be more than a year away, that's not a surprise really. The devs have told us in the past that they plan content one year in advance. When Spytle said the Flash family was next on his list after they finish working on the ones already planned that automatically became one year to two years before we see him in my head since if he's not even officially on the plans yet that means he's more than a year away.
  5. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Yeah you're right, which sucks, because I came to the game solely to play a character with a Flash likeness. I know there are Super Speed powers in the game, but the animations for them are not very epic. Shoot, even the color of the electricity animation for Vortex Trap doesn't match the electricity for the running animation. It's little details like that convey that Flash wasn't given a lot of attention. Even Central City could have been bigger, especially when compared to Trigon, Amazon Fury, and don't get me started on the Green Lanterns with the amount of content they've gotten.

I think:
    1) Vortex Trap should have been an AoE whirlwind that sucks in surrounding enemies while creating what looks like a thick tornado that continues to do damage overtime until it dissipates.

2)
    Whirling Dervish
    should conduct (no pun intended) like a push away vortex with Speedforce electricity emanating from the player doing damage over time. Not an uncontrollable spin that is susceptible to interruption because the player can't stop until the animation completes itself.

3) Dash Attack should be put back the way it originally was- with one exception. Keep it a supercharge, but make it like the Rage power supercharge that only cost 5 points per sec, capable of being stopped at any time. If the player decides to use all of the supercharge of Dash Attack, at the very end of it's depletion there is a massive explosion of energy and all surrounding enemies end up supercharged with Speed Force energy making them more vulnerable to damage as if their metabolism has been accelerated and they're expiring quicker. It's almost like aging fast. Or if the devs want to go with a different approach.... At the end of the supercharge, all enemies affected are slowed to the point of almost being frozen for five seconds as if the player is seeing things from a speedster's point of view after having moved so fast.

4) Phase Dodge should function like a tank shield but different in some ways. Every attack dodge/phased costs power, except the first two attacks and can be done limitless thereafter similar to Jack Hammer in Earth Powers. The potential to be depleted is up to the discretion of the player. If they can do it for Earth, I don't see why not for Super Speed.

5) Cyclone Push & Tornado Pull should be combined in to one power, giving room for another to be added. Holding the corresponding shoulder button down, and pressing whatever button once will result in a pull of the enemy target, and double press results in a push of all targets within the cone. They should also look cool the way Flash and Zoom do it with BOTH arms. Epic!

6) Speed Drain & Metabolic Boost would remain the same as is.

The power I would like to see added is:
    7) Zip-Zag Punching where the speedster player -once triggering the power- moves automatically to the first 5 immediate enemies in the vicinity (at Super Speed of course) from target to target delivering one to two quick punches, and returns back to their original starting position. Once all enemies have been hit and the player is back where they started, all enemies take damage and fall down as a result. And of course dominance would be taken in to consideration. Not all enemies would fall if their dominance is too high versus the player's. This would be a might contingent power.

One can only hope. Sorry for the dissertation.
    • Like x 4
  6. BakingSoda New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. The BlackDragon Well-Known Player

Ya, shame. That model looks ten times better than the one we have right now. Voted for new 52 in the poll.
    • Like x 2
  8. sabberwolf2003 New Player

I would have to say tryka suite
  9. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Wonder if we'll see Batmite anytime soon. I always thought him against Mr. Myx would have been an interesting April Fools competition.
    • Like x 1
  10. Osprei New Player

I would really appreciate bat / gotham themed clothing items too! Like, maybe a cowl that allows your hair out? Or a cowl in general.
  11. Death Caliber Active Player

How bout we do somethin different than new powers everytime or new portions of existing open worlds.Heck,if we are gonna recycle stuff,id love to see a titanic trenton type body type in the character creation.Or if u guys have other ideas as far as getting different looks to the personalization of our toons plz post them.Wouldnt a chubby hero be awesome?
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Batman has been available for years in the form of Future Batman. He is even half the price of normal Legendary characters because he is a re-skin. Obviously having Batman available for pre-order was an incentive to get people to buy the game. At the end of the day it's just a skin. Future Batman has all the same powers, attacks and dialogue as the regular Batman, he just looks different.

Not sure why you think this version of Batman is camp. You must be confusing him with the 1960s Batman, which is different. The fact of the matter is that Batman has had many looks over the years. The pre-order Batman just happened to be how Batman looked at the time the game was in production/released. Just because he is your Batman in the sense of that is how he has looked in all the time you've grown up with him does not mean he is the same Batman that other people grew up with.

It's not that they don't intend to add the original pre-order Batman skin, it's that they can't. They told us they are legally not allowed to release the original skin to the public. If you want to challenge them on that then that's fine, but make sure you have the facts to back it up rather than throwing your toys out of the pram because you can't get your way.
    • Like x 5
  13. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

As far as I know DC Universe online does not own the rights of characters to do as they please, i believe they get the license from DC Comics. Before you slam the company as evil doers get the facts on how things work.
  14. Death Caliber Active Player

Pertaining to the teleporters,i really think this idea would be much better.Currently,u have to buy a teleporter per each mod u get.Which means you have produced dozens of teleportation mods that will never be used,especially the 1's with a single location.Because of the fact that we have to use an ammenity slot(which limits your current vision) to put these up,i have a hard time seeing anyone put up more than maybe 2.And im guessing their gonna be between 3-5 dollars a piece,which is more than i will pay for 1 already,if that price is true.Why not make it to where u buy one teleporter per base,per character,and allow u to consume every plan.As u consume them,they are added to a list of places you can teleport to.When u activate your portal,this list will popup,allowing you to choose where u wanna go based on the mods u have researched.This not only will allow for many more teleportation mods to be usable,and it would also allow you to push the price up to 10 dollars without much complaint by the community.As it stands now,itll be awhile b4 u see any sales from the teleporters,because,as i would do,they'll be holding these mods til they get 1 they feel is worthy of purchasing a teleporter,which could be awhile based on the drop rate of the test server.You would definitely see higher 1st day sales,if ppl knew they could research every mod they get,and would definitely justify paying 10 dollars a piece for them.If nothing else allow u to keep the mods and maybe rotate between 4 or so locations at a time,but be able to change your locations in your mainframe ,or wherever, anytime u like.What do you guys feel about this idea,and devs,can it be done?
  15. Drakonicus New Player

First, MY EYES !

Second, what that have to do with the Batman Skin ?
  16. Death Caliber Active Player

This is a forum for game update 38,right?I understand batman75 is at the forefront,but its not the only thing in GU 38.Since the skin has already been decided,i figured we might be able to talk about some of the more relevant things in this update.If u had an argument for or even against my idea,regardless what thread this is,at least that wouldve been useful.Your comment had no possible positive impact on the game whatsoever,it only re-iterates the pompus,elitist,holier than thou attitudes,that make this games population dwindle.People actually hold back their opinions to possibly improve the game,cause they dont wanna deal with non constructive comments like yours.
    If u have something constructive,by all means,please share it,but if your on here just to criticize,well,as the ole timers say,dont say anything at all.If the devs feel im outta line writing in this forum,they will tell me.
  17. Drakonicus New Player

No, is not. Its about a live stream talking about the new Batman skin, not gu 38 in general. You are not "outt of line", you are just out of place.
    • Like x 1
  18. EvilPrince3 Active Player

Any word on when this is going live? Gu38 has been on test for 3 weeks now is there really that many problems that they aren't takin it live?
  19. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Did they announce which skin won? New 52 or Troika? I may have missed it....
  20. Drakonicus New Player

New 52
    • Like x 1