Game Update 38 Preview Livestream: Batman75!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Ace1 Dedicated Player

This is probably a better video
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It's Batman's 75th. Not doing something would be a disservice to the IP. They already Messed up last year by not doing something for Superman(which i still think they should...an overhaul of his legends toon would be a good start). I'm sure WW will get the same treatment.
    • Like x 1
  3. Errorcode1058 New Player

Maybe have the 1966 Batman theme song playing in the Gotham Nightclubs. Sorry heroes, no music at the Police Precincts.

How about an effect where when bosses or adds crit on us, we see the "Bam, Pow, Crack" dialogue boxes...if only for a little while.

Batusi for serious and/or powerful dance style.

Nah, it will be either a Barbara Gordon or Kate Kane Batgirl Legends toon. I'm pulling for Babs...not enough disabled people represented in Legends.
  4. Red Mystic New Player

I hope there's more than just a skin release to celebrate the 75th B-Day of the Dark Knight. Don't get me wrong, more Bat-Content is cool, but considering how iconic Bats is, thought there'd be more hoopla.

Red Mystic 103 CR 169 SP DPS Sorcerer
    Thunderfist 102 CR 145 SP Earth Tank
    • Like x 1
  5. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Don't forget the Codpieces
  6. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Please make his ears a tiny bit longer.... Please.
    • Like x 3
  7. Lionxoft Committed Player

Can Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) be considered 'disabled' please? :D
  8. Ethromel Well-Known Player

If that's true what you say, then shouldn't they be doing that for Flash in light of his new show that is premiering soon? Yet we hear no talk of this from the devs.
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Actually, when asked recently about releasing The Flash in time for the premiere of the new Flash TV series, Spytle said that he would probably not be ready in time for the premiere (fall), but that he will be on deck soon after Batman75 and Kyle. (Gorilla Grodd is coming too! :) ).
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Erm, a 75th anniversary and a character getting a TV show are two very different things. Spytle said a few months ago that the Flash family are next on his list of Legends that he wants to get in after they have finished working on all the ones they already have in the works. My guess would be after we see some more Titans released (he said they had plans for all the in-game Titans to be Legends before Sons of Trigon was released) along with whatever other Lantern characters, Wonder Woman characters and (possibly) New Gods characters they have planned. That last bit is speculation of course.
  11. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Uh...was there a mistake in the video? I could have sworn Spytle said they were gonna show us the next for definite skin before showing us the options of the New 52 and Troika skin?
    • Like x 5
  13. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I thought so too :(
    • Like x 2
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just tweeted Spytle and he said they said "later" which meant much later, not in the stream. Pity I can't go back and watch it again as I could have sworn he said it would be in the stream, but if not then my bad.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will be able to watch the replay here when the upload completes:

16. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Where is the poll?
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

No styles ? Goddammit...
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

My choice is the Troika suit.

New 52, while I like it significantly more, looks too much like the pre-order batman suit (no surprise, Jim Lee designed both) and the all black suit is nowhere in game.
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Also, what are the chances we could see already existing Batman skins in the MP? Id imagine since you'd be re-using resources, they'd be easy to implement, but could be wrong about that.

I know id like to get my hands on GCPD Batman.
  20. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I understand what you're saying, but lets think about that for a second. "...the Flash family are next on his list of Legends that he wants to get in after they have finished working on all the ones they already have in the works." Really? That's actually a VERY vague answer by Spytle. Ultimately that means that could be a year from now, maybe more. And by the way Spytle actually said after league halls, the New Gods content, and some other legends before getting to Flash. With all due respect that amounted to a beat-around-the-bush-answer on his part, because he was caught off guard, nor did he show any enthusiasm for actually wanting to do Flash- for whatever reason.

In my opinion I believe the devs are a bit apprehensive on doing Flash because it's almost a game breaker to try and do him accurately while maintaining that proverbial balance everyone futilely tries to achieve. I have ideas how they can do it and do it right, but they most likely wouldn't listen to me anyway, and end up making people upset with how he does so little damage and can be tracked by locking on him (which shouldn't be possible). All they need to do for starters is follow the blueprint from the Justice league Heroes game from PS2.