Game Update 29 Loot Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Crafty_Crafter, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Since the loot update i kept all my loot 87,88 and weapons. Since then i didnt got any usefull piece for my role (DPS) so i decided to give those pieces a new use since i dont have enough space for them. I guess i will get better loot some day from here to 3 or 4 years.

• Like x 6
  2. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Make the loot system optional, gear tradeable or just change it back. I refuse to spend replays on salvage gear.
    • Like x 4
  3. blklightning New Player

Not sure if it was the loot changes or a combination of things, but I've almost completely lost interest in playing DCUO for a while. When I log in, I wonder why I'm even on. It's been over a week since I've run content... the longest I've spent away since I started playing last December.
    • Like x 2
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Look if your going to make the best gear in the game drops from bosses then make them unattended its bad enough the drop rates are so messed up .FYI you guys need to go back and check were the head , chest and shoulders for traces in time are because I haven't seen anyone with them .
    • Like x 1
  5. KillJoyDOD New Player

I LOVE THIS CHANGE!!!! The only thing I would change is having the ability to send an item to group loot!!

How about this: Hua!! The boss is dead! >A window opens on my screen that shows the 1st item I earned and under it, it says: (Triangle) : send to group loot / X : keep

Also, at the group loot/keep window, only the player can see the item until and IF it's sent to group loot.
    • Like x 5
  6. LinchLord New Player

i'm actully in agreement with Sgt, i like were your going with the idea... but, possible make it an option to be on or off? like in a loot option for a group or raid? That way both sides get best of both worlds.
    • Like x 1
  7. Azreal Abysse New Player

in the old system leagues and good groups only rolled on what they needed yes if loot that no one needed dropped it was always a chance but the old system at least allowed your allies to aid you in getting what you need/want the new system is just you may or may not and running 40 raids for 1 piece thats useful is just not worth the time/ effort. the drop percentage and tables need to be looked at again it was a good idea but poorly executed.:(
    • Like x 2
  8. quantu New Player

well the truth the new loot system is very bad and that you receive items that are not your roll and that goes away because you give salvage.
    i find it a waste.
    I hope to change the system or at least they can be allowed to pass the items to another character on your account.
    at least I'm not the only one with this disagreement since I've listened to most complain about the same
  9. Gobbler New Player

This new loot system is so pugs stop getting kicked from instances that drop loot that people need for style feats. Lets be realistic since day 1 this game has been about the player with no league making the game fun for someone with no friends and no social skills. So they change the loot set up so that way everyone gets their own loot under the guise of fairness so everyone gets something. But what they really meant was lets change the loot so the pugs stop getting kicked from courthouse ect. by T5 /T4 Players that can complete the alert with 1 other person.
  10. Venomsaga28 Well-Known Player

uh why should they its fine with me if you have friends and a league then there shouldnt be a problem with the loot
  11. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Simple suggestions to fix this unbalanced and poorly executed system. Either:

1) Make current tier items account bound. Whatever drops out of alerts or duos that grant Marks of Reality should be account bound, so that If you have alternate characters, you can trade them via your shared bank. Once the T5 content turns over to Marks of Triumph they are then transformed to items that are untradeable.

2) Make the items tradeable as long as you remain in the instance. Give the instance a 10 minute grace period post completion where any gear received in the instance can be traded between group members. Once the 10 minute period is up or if someone leaves the instance, the gear becomes untradeable.

3) Make all the T5 gear you get from the alerts and duos unattuned like the weapons. Give it a brief description like so and it will be just fine:

EX: Unattuned Gloves of Destiny
    Style - Astral
    Gear - Hands
    Item Lvl - 86

Description - etc.

I think 3 is the easiest fix to this gear dilemma we have.
  12. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Even easier...
    go back in time and eliminate all the Ninja Looting threads.

That's what led to this system.

Of course, no one dreamed the loot table would be as ****** up as it is.
    • Like x 3
  13. Charlie Fantom New Player

Just get rid of the worthless 86 drops in Nexus. Its time to update the loot value not the rate of drops or attune them to a particular role which is not the answer either. 86 cr drops like snowflakes now with the Raven bounty. One can win to equip several pieces in less than 30 minutes. This is just the natural progress of the game and the nexus drops have fallen behind this natural progression which has made the raid practically worthless to run.
    • Like x 2
  14. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It seems like this loot system was intended for the greedy people who absolutely NEED to get something from each raid yet at the end of the raid when they have absolutely nothing they need, they're disappointed. It's obvious this new loot system has more hate than love. Most of the people don't even voice the matter because they know nothing about the forums. I think Need or Greed should come back because I'd rather take my chances rolling against another healer, rather than getting a Tank/Troll piece.
    • Like x 2
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

So many replies with their complaints that resonate from the fact that T5 Raids have poor loot tables.

Pretty sure that if this was on instances like Oan Sciencecells and everybody was getting the chance to own the Energy gear/Guy Gardner chest without having to compete against other players, it'd be a different story.

Pretty sure that if this was on the T4 Operations back when they came out and everybody got their own rolls on the bosses loot table, it'd be a different story. Oh wait, it was a different story because people found a glitch where they could disband the group and get their own loot from the final boss. It wasn't a problem then, though, was it? because it was unattuned and people could turn the gear into whatever they want.

The loot system is perfect. It's the tables that are messed up. Stop hating on the loot system for the wrong reasons. Use common sense. If you aren't happy with what dropped, who's to say that's what the entire group would have needed to roll on under the old system? The more gear you get from the raids, too, the lower your odds of actually needing something which drops. If you've already got 4 pieces of Traces in Time gear, then you only need 4 more to complete the set. 3 of which are debatable of actually existing in the game. Which means you'd have a 1 in (probably over 100 different items) chance of getting something you need.

Blame the tables, not the system. The system is incredible and I can't wait for it to be rolled out on all the old content.
    • Like x 1
  16. blklightning New Player

Tables or system... it doesn't really matter. This is just another example of poor feature implementation. I'm sure the community could adapt to some of these changes, were they actually done well.
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It has been done well, though. You get your own loot and no longer have to fight against other people to get what you need. That's a good thing. You can build your off-role without stealing items from under the noses of other players. That's also a good thing.

The only "problem" with the loot system is what people are receiving by beating the T5 Raids. This isn't a problem with the fact that I get my own loot. It's a problem with the fact that the loot which is dropping for me is rubbish. That is a loot tables problem. Not a loot system problem.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jamie New Player

But you have no problem spending replays and getting nothing? That makes no sense. The new loot system is a huge improvement over the old system. The loot tables are garbage though.

It is amazing how many threads there are about loot in the T5 raids and how few there are in regards to all other T5 loot. It seems that people really like the new system except for a few people that are having a hard time seperating a new (and improved) loot system from a poor loot table.
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

please make this new loot system the default loot system for grouped content but make the old loot system an option for groups similar how players had the option to go to the old Master Looter.

the new system is great for Pugs to avoid Ninja Looting. it's horrible for cooperative groups as previously discussed.
    • Like x 1
  20. FDSuprema New Player

The loot system would work better if loot tables were reworked so players only got gear they could use... >_>
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.