Game Update 29 Loot Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Crafty_Crafter, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greatnakaya Level 30

The only complaint I have concerning the loot in Nexus and Wave are very similar to many of you. I was in Wave for a very long period of time, and although I was happy about the fact that it was finished before the world shut down, my question simply is why give me Traces in Time gear that does not coincide with my role or my power? That's it. anything else, as far as I'm concerned, it's nothing new same thing, but I saw someone say how about being able to trade within that raid and after you leave the raid it is urs permanently. It's just a thought...
    • Like x 2
  2. The Hornet New Player

Unattuned Traces. Until then, I'm not resetting. Little daily PVP, some daily Trigon and Origin Solos, maybe a baby raid, warm glass of milk and I call it a night. Someone else can sweat Nexus and Paradox pugs for their useless 86 tank chest and FEV.
    • Like x 5
  3. ARI ATARI New Player

i run exclusively with a league, so people hit "pass" more than anything else. People get things that others in the group could use now and instead of someone being happy we all walk away with salvageable material.

if im in the minority so be it, but my drop rate is definitely lower. meaning there previously was a way to increase your odds and people chose not to do it.

by running my raids with the same people over and over if what i needed dropped chances were i wasnt rolling against anyone. now if what i need drops, it goes to the person next to me who wishes i could get it instead of them.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jamie New Player

I have posted this in several threads (and probably this one as well) that the only time the new system reduces your chances of getting what you need in a raid is if you are not competing against anyone else for it. If this is your typical situation then the new system hurts you. For most people it will help out though.
  5. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

What most people here seem to focus on is the path that the item takes, not what a person receives.

In the old system, a randomly generated piece is claimed by people in the group. As usually all roles are present, someone will 'need' the item and receive it. If all pieces are Controller versions, the Controllers and DPS with Controller power-sets (or only one of them) will receive items. Everyone else will receive nothing.

In the new system, as many pieces are randomly generated as there are people in the content. Thus, everyone receives the items which were generated for them. This is exactly analogous to running the content by yourself. What others received does not enter the equation.

Yes, if you are to compare what others received and they can't use it and you could, this 'feels' wrong. However, if everyone hits 'pass' on a Controller piece, and either Tank or Healer receive it, that is also only a material or trash after salvaging it.
    • Like x 1
  6. ARI ATARI New Player

again, previously there was an option to increase your odds beyond what they are currently. the option was a proper friends list or league.

since the update no one in my league has received anything except salvageable material, where previosly at least one person was able to upgrade something in some way.

fine, ninja looting gone, but the loot is worthless now.
    • Like x 2
  7. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

It's not necessarily true that at least one person can improve. If Healer hands drop and the everyone elegible already has them, no-one benefits. I'm assuming that you and your league are very well geared and the chances for just those pieces you need to drop are rather slim. This would also be that way in the old system.
  8. ARI ATARI New Player

but with the old system when the rare piece i needed finally dropped i got to roll on it against almost no one if anyone at all. now it goes to someone in the group that cant use it.
  9. B1ackManta New Player

AGREE COMPLETELY !!!!!!!!! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!!
    • Like x 2
  10. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

The chances before were the same: 1/the whole table for getting that one drop you need.

But then the chances were divided by the number of people who would need on it.

The new system gives everyone in the group the chance of 1/the whole table for getting that one drop you need. As different people need different things, it may be that someone else gets a drop you might have wanted, and you something that they might have wanted, but your chances of getting the thing you want are - at worst - exactly the same as before, if everyone else would have 'pass'ed on it. At best your chances are 7 times better to get an item you wanted (for example an level 88 DPS piece with a style you don't have).

Your chances now are better, it just seems different, as you compare it to another person's chances, which are the same ones as yours.

If you run 8 people through a raid, you will see the result of 8 different runs through the same raid, as everyone gets a new 'roll'.
  11. blklightning New Player

If the healer hands drop, odds are that the healer/s in the group won't receive it. They no longer have a chance to roll for it, either. So... how is the new system more beneficial?

I'm almost at the point where my DPS gear has higher stats than my healer gear... and I never DPS.
    • Like x 1
  12. blklightning New Player

But, the chances are not the same. There are no chances, just the luck of the draw... or lack thereof. Yes, I'm guaranteed loot. Whooptidoo. I can run Catwoman and get simple/complex mats up the wazoo. I'd really rather take my chances at rolling on loot that I need, rather than getting loot I don't need and seeing others get it when they don't need it.

If the new system stays... then it needs serious refinement. Drop me loot that fits my roles, whether I need it or not.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

My example was directed at a construed situation in the old system.

The chances for the Healer hands dropping are unchanged between the new and old system. The only difference now is that you get to compare 8 runs worth of loot after only one instance.

Comparing the loot that drops in one instance for 8 people in the new system is like comparing the loot that dropped in 8 sequential runs in the old system, with everyone being loot locked in the first run and you being loot locked in the others.
  14. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

It's not fair to compare chances to results. Your chance of getting 'tails' in a coin toss are 50 %, but the results vary.

Even in the old system it was possible to run it 100 times without any Healer gear to drop. Whereas a different group received only Healer gear from their 100 runs. Now if those two groups talk to each other they will both feel cheated.

This is what happens in the new system. As it is in the same instance, you get to see first hand what dropped in the 'other group'. Nonetheless, your own chances are still the same. Actually better, as no-one will 'need' on 'your' drops.
  15. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

Would the situation be better, if the same loot dropped for everyone?

For example if the Controller hands drop, everyone gets their own Controller hands. The chances would still be the same for that specific gear to drop, but now everyone would be 'stuck' with it.
  16. Jamie New Player

This makes no sense since it is fundamentally wrong. Unless no one else roles on the item the new system gives you better chances to get what you need. Since most of the population is still leveling up everyone is still fighting over gear the new system is a drastic improvement over the old one. Anyone that thinks the old system is better either does not understand statistics or is part of a very small minority where they didn't have to fight for loot.
    • Like x 2
  17. Super Stu New Player

Okay yes, Statistically, "More Traces/87 pieces drop" But I mean so what? That's marvellous if you could roll on it for the appropriate role, but when 2 dps traces pants drop in one raid as well as time traveller, feet, yet are distributed to the healers, how is that beneficial? Congratulations to those that won the pieces, but what about those that ran the raid as a dps role only to recieve healer gear which those healers would have preferred? More gear for everybody is cool, yes, but how is this better than when we could distribute the drops by role? Or at least had that option? I understand, if you gear up too fast, you'll get bored, yada yada. Go chase skill points, play the REST of the game, but even at 2 raids per week, times 8 pieces per set, times 2 (Traces AND Time Traveller) plus rings, weapons, neck and face, there is a LOT to farm for. And by adjusting the drops to at least get something after these raids in the role you play as, versus running a 2-6+ hour scratch off lottery ticket each week is NOT going to them incentive to stop playing, but instead to actually try again.

I don't ask for a full set of Traces after 3 or 4 runs, I just ask for something for my role for the effort. If you think actually giving people drops that will benefit them after the work they put in with deter them from this great game, then...."I am Jack Ryder, and you are WRONG!" As a matter of fact, it seems to be the polar opposite, most people in my league that have finished Paradox a handful of times, after recieving nothing but off role gear (time and time again) Got fed up and just about left the game altogether. In all honesty, after this new luck based loot system, I'm considering jumping ship as well...
    • Like x 1
  18. Decree New Player

Just make it an option setting by the person making the raid. If it's a league run set it back to the need-greed-pass. Pug set it to random drop if you don't trust people and just want something.
  19. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

If there's a change I'd like it to be where you activate the gear to the role your in. The only annoying thing about the system is that you can run stuff over and over and come away with nothing that you can use. I like the new set up better since I'm gonna run stuff and I don't have to stop and roll on things I get what I get and things keep moving. Its quicker and I could run stuff before and not see anything in my role to roll on anyways.

Some of the drop rate's are a little wonky. For instance I've ran bia and fam like 15 time's(I don't need gear or anything outta there so I haven't ran it that much lately) and haven't seen anyone get a recovery kit. I know there dropping cuz people are buying em but it just seems off. Perhaps that stuff could be looked at as well.
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Why is 86 gear still dropping from the last boss in nexus that's just stupid it needs to be fixed or have a vendor were we can buy the 87-88 gear the drop rates of these are beyond insane .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.