Free legendary?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by violator, Dec 17, 2013.

1. SuperiorMouse New Player

thank you :)
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, if you own all the content it is. Hence why I am not a subscriber... as we have discussed in many, many threads... :p... and again, referring to our previous debates: "Increase" does not equal "removal". But enough!

It's actually really intelligent marketing, this offer. Entice those who left to come back and experience a much better T5 experience that rewards a lot more generously using the new loot system than it did when the tier was first launched. Get them back over Christmas, tease them with War of the Light. Maybe they'll stay longer.
  3. Shaveric Committed Player

No offense but the devs should instead say that the free legendary membership is for those who have subbed at least once when they announce it on facebook and stuff as it can be very misleading. Unless the devs think of the word members only as legendary players. If so, then what does that make everyone else?:confused:

Dev's Facebook announcement-
    "Welcome back! Former DC Universe Online Members are being granted FREE Membership for a limited time! The perks are better than ever, so log in today and take advantage!"

I almost thought everyone would be getting it for free which was the same thing I thought last time, but its seems like I was again mistaken. :(

Hopefully the devs are planning to do some kind of 50% off sale with the marketplace sometime this Christmas as I don't really have much do now on DCUO without the Origin Crisis DLC. If they don't, I guess I'm going to see a long term break from DCUO playing Skyrim: Legendary Edition which I'm probably going to get for Christmas, until a 50% off sale does occur.
  4. Agnetta Dedicated Player

current legendary subscribers should get a free month too
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Legendary Membership is what is meant when we say members or membership.
    • Like x 1
  6. WonderCleric New Player

Why? They already have yours subscriptions. This is an attempt to get those who no longer subscribed to subscribe again. (though I like to think of it as a Christmas gift...) And may I just say... it might be working. :p
  7. Decree New Player

If this stands I really, really, really want to have Green aura/ Blue Lantern Armor be legendary only. If you un-sub you will lose your green aura.

Then Premiums can have their moment to cry on the forums.
  8. WonderCleric New Player

They're giving those who used to sub a reminder of the perks, that's all. If more people subscribe because of this, all the better for the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. details26 Committed Player

Thats a poopy gift. If you payed before and your ran out, you get a free whole month.

Everyone who has been subbed already get a servo reskin.

Oh well, at least there is going to be a sale...
    • Like x 1
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

Eh, I think you underestimate the value something that you get to keep for the life of the game without spending more money... (Really no point in complaining, some of us Premiums would totally love to get the bot, but odds are we won't.)
  11. Poetic Play Committed Player

Why does it have to be a war to make "the other side" cry on the forums?

Also not sure why Premium members are getting the hate for this, like they just ran up and forced SOE to do the gifts this way.
    • Like x 1
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

For people who are already subscribed complaining about not getting a free month, you are already giving them what they want.

The free month is to get people who may have dropped the game for whatever reason back into the game to see what has changed...If they like it, then theyll stay and pay more money, but the current legendary members are already paying them, so there is no reason to give them anything

Its business 101...Do something to get people into your store and hope they leave a customer.
  13. Wynnie Well-Known Player

The way that I look at it is..
    Premiums who have subbed before get a free 1 month subscription (15 bucks).
    Current subscribers get a trinket. How much is this trinket worth?
    I never used Servo in the past, and will probably not use TOM bot either.
    I wouldn't even purchase TOM or Servo in the marketplace for 15 bucks.
    Even if it were a dollar, I'd still pass.

TBH, this game has really lost the value it once gave to their "loyal customers".

I'm not crying, I'm happy that premiums get a month sub for free.
    And getting a pet is better than nothing.
    But the truth is, I just don't feel the value we get anymore.
    • Like x 2
  14. details26 Committed Player

I think you underestimate the uselessness of a re-skinned bot that coins out the same phrases until they're dry and only give a 5% health boost that naturally disappears when it cool down gets close to half way. I'd think it took some hard work designing this, but it wasn't worth a full month of legendary - $15.

If you wanted it bad enough, you should have subbed. I guess you could say the same thing to me too, ''If i wanted it bad enough I should have dropped sub''.

Oh well
    • Like x 1
  15. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Ok for this free legendary are we suppose to get replay badges too?
  16. ROD AGNEV New Player

Legendary member for over two years here. Thank you for the bot. But why can't you make it cr and role based? It's kind of useless for a lot of us. As far as free legendary membership for premium members? Awesome.
  17. GuardsmanX Active Player

Did they change it? Do the premium members get the free 30 days?