Free legendary?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by violator, Dec 17, 2013.

1. violator New Player

People shouting on ps3 ps4 that they are getting free legendary. Is this true? Meeps?
  2. ElderX New Player

3. violator New Player

Ok I get it now, free legendary for non legendary members... I could have taken the free month over the pointless trinket though seems a little unbalanced if you ask me
    • Like x 1
  4. TheRealDeathern New Player

a bot and a free month?!?!

Hmmm...no cake?
  5. Doc Vinci New Player

thats unfair if there havent brought legendary there shouldnt get it for free as its unfair on us who pay to be legendary
  6. mistersting New Player

Yeah, I'd rather have the free month. Had to cancel my auto-renewal, as cash is a bit tight over Xmas.

It's former Legendary subscribers, so they've at least paid once.
  7. ElderX New Player

Yes a bit unbalanced, but it is too early to say. Since only those who had sub earlier are getting the trinket and its seems good one (from description) it might not be unbalanced as we are assuming.

EDIT: Free month + trinket would be awesome:D
  8. Abstrakt Loyal Player

The free legendary are for premium members that have previously been legendary and let it expire.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tweek New Player

Its only replacing the servo bot they gave us than took away nothing new for us loyal ppl
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

shut up ! they only get it if they have been legendary before hater
    • Like x 1
  11. Doc Vinci New Player

i dont think legendary accounts gets a TOM_Bot and premium gets a free month legendary
  12. Abstrakt Loyal Player

For those to lazy to click on the link above.....
    Current Legendary Members, Thank You for Your Loyalty!
    To our current Legendary Members, we simply cannot thank you enough for your continued loyalty and support without breaking the time-space continuum. So that’s exactly what we’ll do! All players with Legendary Memberships as of today, December 17th, 2013, have a special gift waiting for them, the TOM-Bot!
    Designed by T.O. Morrow himself with stolen 25th century technology, TOM-Bot is a superior battle companion, as Morrow himself would tell you. TOM-Bot will entertain you with T.O. Morrow quips, help in fights with a special Quantum attack, and provide a small health buff while active. The TOM-Bot is also lovingly voiced by DCUO Sr. Creative Director Jens Andersen, as an added and exclusive thank you to our most loyal players.

Former Legendary Members, Welcome Back to DC Universe Online!
    This year has seen stunning additions to the game in the form of Game Updates and DLC Packs, and there’s a lot you may have missed – Home Turf, Origin Crisis, Sons of Trigon, and Game Update 31’s revamp in preparation of the PlayStation®4 launch, just to name a few. That’s why we have enabled 30 days of Legendary Membership FREE for past members, and that means right now is the best possible time to dive back into the world of DC Universe Online over the holidays.

Keep reading for full details:
    This offer, and the period of free Legendary Membership (subscription) described in this offer, expires on January 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST. This offer is available to former Legendary Members (subscribers) that were active and paid for at least one billing cycle between January 11, 2011 and December 10, 2013 and is not available for current DC Universe Online or SOE All Access accounts or for accounts that were banned or were not in good standing when its DC Universe Online or SOE All Access subscription previously expired or was terminated.
    Entering billing information before January 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST will terminate the free Legendary Membership service and you will lose the balance of any unused free Membership time. Sony Online Entertainment does not ensure continuous or error-free access, use or availability of any game content, feature, game-play or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, game-play or server at their sole discretion.
    To receive the TOM-Bot loyalty reward, you must have an active DC Universe Online Legendary Membership on or before December 17, 2013 at 11:59 PST. The reward will be available on your account on or before December 18, 2013 and can be claimed in the Redeem/Claim window in the in-game marketplace. The item is available one per character and is not tradable.
    • Like x 3
  13. Doc Vinci New Player

who you saying shut up too, im just saying i pay £10 a month to be legendary so i can enjoy all the benfits of being legendary and now someone who as brought it once can get a free month of legendary membership, if there like being a legendary member than pay for it like the rest of us
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i was talking to you ^ thats hater mentality and not healthy for you. this doesnt hurt your gameplay in any fasion!
    now I also think legendary players should also get a free month and not just the robot as thats only fair and not just the robot
    • Like x 1
  15. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Its a way to get people that left the game back....this is common practice in mmos. with ps3/4 people left because of technical difficulties among other things you hung around got your loyalty points and a trinket. Good for you ...so did I how ever from time to time they offer this to former legendaries this is a form of customer retention. Look at it this way more people to play all the content with a tleast for a little while. If you still have problems with it might wanna deal with that because this is live now.
    • Like x 1
  16. Breakforce Loyal Player

Wow......
    • Like x 2
  17. TheKent Well-Known Player

Yea so my auto renew was like 3 days ago. When you go to your account settings under PSN it shows DC as not an active service....So I'm seeing this as losing the month I just paid for and having the "free" month.....shouldn't it expire one month later instead of disappearing as a service all together...
    • Like x 1
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

That was last year's anniversary gift.
    • Like x 1
  19. Doc Vinci New Player

Yea so my auto renew was like 3 days ago. When you go to your account settings under PSN it shows DC as not an active service....So I'm seeing this as losing the month I just paid for and having the "free" month.....shouldn't it expire one month later instead of disappearing as a service all together.

exactly most ppl i know including myself as just renewed our membership and if we knew this month could of been free for us i would of spent that money on more beer over xmas lol
    • Like x 1
  20. TheKent Well-Known Player

I agree. I really feel like I should get that 15 dollars back since It's being used for nothing lol...