FOOTBALL! SUPER BOWL!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Broncos vs Panthers

This is it, the final NFL games of the season. Though Football is a Team Sport, all the talk about the Super Bowl will be Newton vs Manning. Out with the Old in with Newt, a possible passing of the Football Torch between to. This game may very well be Manning's Swan Song.

As a Texans fan I watched Manning burn my Team constantly for most of their existence. Many times the Texans would have the lead with only 2 minutes left in game and Manning steals the win right under the Texans noses. So I know from past experience you don't ever count him out. The Panthers are a very good team, but IMO they are a One man show. If the Broncos defense can contain Newton, I don't believe the Panthers can draw up another way to win. Though Broncos have a QB that is on his last legs and don't have the arm strength he once had. They have other weapons they can rely on.

I feel the game could go either way, but I'm picking the Broncos to win.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If the Denver defense can step up and stop (or at least slow down) the Panthers offense, the Broncos at least have a shot. You just can't discount Manning, even with how his performance this year has been hit-and-miss.

But if the Denver D has an off-day, it could be a long day for them. I can't see Denver keeping up with Carolina if it comes down to a scoring match/QB shootout situation, as the Panthers defense is no slouch.
  3. Faust74 Loyal Player

Going/Throwing a Super Bowl party and need a idea on what dish to take/serve? We'll here ya go!

4. Backseid Devoted Player

I was a bartender for 15 years. Constantly surrounded by big screen TV's with sports on them...

I only found out 3 years ago, that the World Series was more than one game. I thought baseball was just like football and only had one big game at the end.

That's my response to a sports related thread :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Faust74 Loyal Player

THE BONES HAVE SPOKEN! :eek:

Actually I think he misread the bones. The "P" is for Peyton and then he rotated the plate wrong way, it should be a lower case "D" for Denver. :p
  6. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I'm going to predict the winner..

The winner will score more points than the loser, while giving up less points than the loser.

Take that to Vegas and bank on it.
  7. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I always knew there was something wrong with you. :p

This was/is my 666 post..
    • Like x 2
  8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Prediction: Denver will lose big. And at least 2 guys from their offensive line.
    • Like x 1
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Does the illuminati control the Super Bowl or things in or about the super bowl?
    • Like x 1
  10. Vyltran Loyal Player

This Super Bowl is about experience vs. youth.

Each side got their own critical benefits. Experience will serve Peyton if he knows what to do at the moment within Broncos' defense. Cam Newton all he is gonna do is try to run through slower defensemen holes to gain yards as his body let him to do that, because if he starts doing mid-long passes i'm sure all his WR are going to be covered.

This could be a very enjoyable game to watch, not gonna say who is going to win but i'm really Broncos' allied.
  11. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I love how people count out some of the Panthers Offense. I watched Denver. If they play Carolina like they played New England Denver will lose. That D line is great against the standard running game> I will give them all the credit in the world for that. Ardis won't stand a chance of getting through them. Stewart will be able to get his 4 to 5 yards off of them. Cam will run, and will get his first downs. I don't see them stopping Cam's run very much, unless the Denver D makes some changes. As for Manning. I see a lot of intercepted passes in his near future. He is going to have a lot of pressure on him.
    • Like x 2
  12. dngnb8 Devoted Player

I made a Reuben Casserole last week. LOVED IT
  13. Vyltran Loyal Player

I may agree with you but you can't make differences between Patriots & Panthers. Pats is basically, a dream team, they play hard to win that's why of their #DoYourJob hashtag, but sadly this year wasn't for them. Denver had a competitive game against Pats. Brady was very disappointed on himself.

Denver's D formation are going to change, cause Kuliak admitted that Panthers is a team based on young people where you can "unexpect the unexpected". He clarified that there are major changes (be ready for qb rushes and so forth) for this huge match and some mental training so they can play without getting distracted.
  14. Morcra Committed Player

You mean the only time of the year my family watches football as an excuse to party?

THEN HELL YEAH.
  15. Faust74 Loyal Player

The Madden Game has Spoken! :eek:
  16. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

You seem to like food a lot
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  18. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Alot of the success the Denver D line had against the Pats was a direct result of the home field crowd noise, which they won't have for the superbowl.

I do think the Broncos strength is in their D line, but I think Newton and Co. will end up being to much for them in the end.

Panthers win and they will also cover the 6pt spread. And hopefully some of you were like me and jumped on the Panthers -4 when the line initially opened.

Good year of football. To bad my Pats lost out in the end. It's a good feeling to know that your team and coaching staff will most likely be right back in it next year. Which is more, ALOT MORE than I can say for many other teams.
    • Like x 1
  19. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Only watching because Inside Edition's correspondent this year is Pia Wurtzbach.
  20. Faust74 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1